• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anyone else not able to use the new Unit modifying actions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I'm talking about the 'Set Unit Integer/Real/Bool/Whatever Field' actions. In particular I'm trying to set the cooldown of a unit. This is found under a 'Set Unit Weapon Real Field' where you specify the index. I tried relatively high numbers so it would be obviously very slow (5.00 and 20.00) at Index 0, 1, and 2, and the unit would always end up having its normal attack speed. Tried putting some debug messages right before the action to ensure it's reaching the code, and indeed it is, just not executing it apparently.

Has anyone had any luck getting these new actions to work? If so, how?

EDITS:
Tried another, setting the green vertex value to 0, but it still had no effect (I know there's an existing action to change vertex coloring, I'm just trying to test the new ones).

Tried setting a string field for a pre-placed units (before I had it running for trained units) and it worked. So maybe it only works for pre-placed units? That would be unfortunate if so.

The color vertex action affected a pre-placed unit... (goblin merchant) but only its portrait, not the main model itself.

The aformentioned weapon cooldown modifier action did not affect a pre-placed wolf creep.
'Attack Rate' does work though.

Some 'Ability Integer/Real/etc. Field' actions work for some abilities, but some don't.
Examples I've experienced: Life Drain 'Hit Points Drained' does not work, but Soul Burn 'Damage Amount' does.

Last edited:
Life Drain 'Hit Points Drained' does not work
You mean (ABILITY_RLF_HIT_POINTS_DRAINED) 'Ndr1' the amount of life taken from the target, cause it works for me increasing the life drained.
JASS:
    call BlzSetAbilityRealLevelFieldBJ( GetSpellAbility(), ConvertAbilityRealLevelField('Ndr1'), 0, 99999.00 )
Kills anything on the first dmg pulse.

Edit: this weaponfields were buggy on the ptr aswell.

Level 8
I'm talking about the 'Set Unit Integer/Real/Bool/Whatever Field' actions. In particular I'm trying to set the cooldown of a unit. This is found under a 'Set Unit Weapon Real Field' where you specify the index. I tried relatively high numbers so it would be obviously very slow (5.00 and 20.00) at Index 0, 1, and 2, and the unit would always end up having its normal attack speed. Tried putting some debug messages right before the action to ensure it's reaching the code, and indeed it is, just not executing it apparently.

Has anyone had any luck getting these new actions to work? If so, how?

EDITS:
Tried another, setting the green vertex value to 0, but it still had no effect (I know there's an existing action to change vertex coloring, I'm just trying to test the new ones).

Tried setting a string field for a pre-placed units (before I had it running for trained units) and it worked. So maybe it only works for pre-placed units? That would be unfortunate if so.

The color vertex action affected a pre-placed unit... (goblin merchant) but only its portrait, not the main model itself.

The aformentioned weapon cooldown modifier action did not affect a pre-placed wolf creep.
'Attack Rate' does work though.

Some 'Ability Integer/Real/etc. Field' actions work for some abilities, but some don't.
Examples I've experienced: Life Drain 'Hit Points Drained' does not work, but Soul Burn 'Damage Amount' does.
AFAIK they dont work yet so yea .

Status
Not open for further replies.