• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anybody good at making UI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
[Game Interface] Anybody good at making UI?

I'm in search of somebody who would be good at making User Interfaces (The background behind the gameplay icons, minimap, hero description, etc.)

As a first "comment", what I need is a blue background, with subtle lighter and darker features.

It's artwork.

Last edited:
Level 6
ive made a blood elf one before but i think i know what UI u are looking for... here is something like ur description... its from ice trolls tribes so give ur credit to kyi(I think..)

Attachments

• HumanUITile01.blp
    142.5 KB · Views: 83
  • HumanUITile02.blp
    153.8 KB · Views: 68
  • HumanUITile03.blp
    162.6 KB · Views: 99
  • HumanUITile04.blp
    19.3 KB · Views: 64
  • HumanUITile-InventoryCover.blp
    61 KB · Views: 66
  • HumanUITile-TimeIndicatorFrame.blp
    35.4 KB · Views: 66
  • human-unitqueue-border.blp
    18.6 KB · Views: 62
Level 7
Thanks man :p

I have one problem though.

Anything I missed when importing it?

I used the import manager, set the path in the Game Interface, tested... But the UI didn't change in-game >_<

EDIT: At this point on when I check them in the Game Interface menu (Still in the WE) they look exactly like the default human ones... Must be a bug or something, unless you gave me the default human interface instead of modified :p There must be something I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
Level 7
Anyone?

Evil, I could maybe use your Blood Elf UI also, but I'd need to know how it works first :(

EDIT: **Breaking News**

I deleted those I have atm, and tried re-importing. But before, I opened them with War3 viewer. After like 15 secs, it closed without reason. Retried. Same result. I'm like, huh?

So I proceed to import my files... When I try importing the one closing war3 viewer, my WE crashes!

I guess the files are broken or something.

Anyone has a blue interface? This one is buggy as hell :)

Last edited:
Level 7
Well the blue UI you gave me is good, but it crashes my World Editor and Warcraft3 Viewer. Might be a problem with the file.

You should check this out.

I have a link to a really good tutorial about making UIs. Your way of doing it lets an empty space for the time thingy. The guy who made the tutorial says there are other files you need to edit too.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53247&page=2

:)

Note: Maybe it crashes because you imported Reign of Chaos' HumanTile01.blp. The Frozen Throne changes it so you need to take it from war3x.mpq.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.