• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any info about the cancelled "Legion" faction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRious

M

MrRious

For those of you who don't know: Originally Blizzard intended to create about 15 factions (one of which was just a single dragon, btw.).

Then they narrowed it to just five: The ones we know + Demons, which they cancelled because they haven't had any ideas for them.

I've been wondering if there's anything we know about that faction?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Where did you get this 15 race from? All I've ever seen from old preview was 6 races announced which then was reduced to 5 and then 4.
Author: Warcraft 3 almost had six playable races

As far as I know, the 6th race never went past concept. There were talk of Goblin, Ogre, and many things, but even during early 2000 preview it seems Goblin and Ogres were already neutral units.
Scrolls of Lore Image Gallery - Pre-release Screenshots/025
(the tiny figure near the shop is a goblin, there used to be neutral npc)

Even Demons never had anything showcased other than the units in the game (Infernals, Warlock, Doomguard, Fel beast and Demon portal), and they were dropped in 2001.
Scrolls of Lore Image Gallery - Pre-release Screenshots/125

Keep in mind, when Blizzard announced those two got dropped, night elf weren't even revealed, and undead barely showcased, and it still would be several years before the game release.

Last edited:
Level 20
As far as I know, the 6th race never went past concept. There were talk of Goblin, Ogre, and many things, but even during early 2000 preview it seems Goblin and Ogres were already neutral units.
Scrolls of Lore Image Gallery - Pre-release Screenshots/025
(the tiny figure near the shop is a goblin, there used to be neutral npc)
The Goblin is part of the Goblin Merchant model. Generally the only time you see it is if you play the animation of him rolling down the slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.