• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anime Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Anime Brawl

Hi, I'm doing a Anime Map, well, its not a original idea but I want to do it right! Unlike many maps you see.

All the heroes have one default skill that they start with it and don't level up, they have 3 skills and one ult.

The map is a kind of AoS, but there are 5 bases, its a 6x6 map, each team starts with one base and must advance to conquer nearby bases, each city will produce creeps that will join your army and keep advancing towards your enemy main base.
The team that destroy the enemy main building first, wins.

Unique Engine

- Critical and Dodge can be stacked
- Spell shield works with any normal spell (does not work with ultimates).
- Counter-damage skills (Skills that can be actived to deliver a counter blow).
- On-hit skills (After using one spell, you have 5s to attack something, them that attack will trigger the effect).
- Skills scale with attributes.
- Attributes does not affect Heroes, they do not gain hp, mana, damage or anything with them.
- Criticals deals 150% damage, this can be increased with items or skills.
- A Critical can null a dodge, and a normal attack will happen.
- Ultimates are very mana-expensive, but most of them makes you invulnerable while performing, and can change the flow of battle.
- "No mana", heroes have a kind of energy-system, everyone have 100 mana, and it regens fairly quickly, this let you play without worrying but punishes spammers and skills that does not hit.
- Heroes are highly customizable, since stats does not affect them, you can buy items to fit any need you might have, even a mage can exchange damage to be a tank.

Videos

Images

Heroes

-- Naruto
Uzumaki Naruto
Haruno Sakura
Hatake Kakashi

-- Negima
Sakurazaki Setsuna

-- Samurai X
Himura Kenshin

-- Inuyasha
Inuyasha
Kagome
Kikyou

-- Fate Stay/Night
Saber
Archer
Gilgamesh

-- Bleach
Kushiki Rukia
Ishida Uryuu
Inoue Orihime
Zaraki Kenpachi

===================================

Sneak Preview

Kenpachi Zaraki

1_Zaraki_Kenpachi.jpg

Kenpachi is a muscular Shinigami with a wild and aggressive appearance that fits his personality. Despite his tendency to be brutal, Kenpachi usually stops a fight if his opponent is too injured to fight back, however, he will unhesitatingly kill his opponent if they refuse to end their fight.

Roles: Controller, Nuker, Tanker

Default: Spiritual Energy
Skills: Shockwave, Remove EyePatch, Resilient Fighter, Two-Handed Attack.

100 Attack Range. (Melee)
270 Movement Speed.
Model by unknown.

Spiritual Energy: Even by elite captain-levels, his Spiritual Pressure is absolutely monstrous. In fact, it is so great that Kenpachi can fight on-par with two other captain-level opponents without using his full power. Increases your base mana by 400.
(Remember, all heroes have 100 mana, and that value is fixed)

Shockwave: Focus and unleash his spiritual pressure in the form of a powerful shockwave. Deals damage based on your mana and strength.

Remove EyePatch: Kenpachi wears an eyepatch created just for him that can seal the bulk of his reiatsu, but since he has so much of it, it does not noticeably hinder him in battle. After removing, he gains a boost of reiatsu that greatly increase his power. Doubles your health and increases your strength for 10 seconds, nearby enemies with at least half your mana will be paralyzed by fear.

Resilient Fighter: His physical strength is matched by his durability, Kenpachi has been shown to easily ignore most of the injuries he's sustained in battle (much like a berserker). Each consecutive hit increases your damage (8 max stacks). In addition, you are able to mitigate damage based on your mana

Two-Handed Attack: His unpolished skills and strength with his sword make it so he always fights with one hand free. He only uses both hands when faced against opponents he feels will beat him otherwise. Deals massive damage to the target and knockback everyone around (including allies).

Video:

Coming Soon

- New terrain (Expect this)
- New base system
- Jump System (You will be able to travel quickly to any base you own, if the path is clear of enemies)
- More heroes
- More items

Last edited:
Level 3
i really liked the 6 base idea but i have a question
you're planning on doing an aos based on anime characters thats really good but you dont seem to have any original ideas...
all of those skills are from other maps like foc,BvOP and other anime maps.
i think you should make your own skills than it would be more original and people wouldnt say stuff like "its a cheap copy of naruto vs bleach"
im just trying to help :) i liked the idea

Level 12
you're planning on doing an aos based on anime characters thats really good but you dont seem to have any original ideas...
i think you should make your own skills than it would be more original and people wouldnt say stuff like "its a cheap copy of naruto vs bleach"

Sorry but those skills ARE unique.
Its not even near FoC or any other naruto map.

I wonder how u reached that conclusion.

Level 12
it looks great but i just can't get into it because it's anime. sorry. good luck, though
Well, my goal is to make a normal, well-made anime-themed map, so people will slowly start liking it.

I mean, its a normal map, the items and spells are normal, it justs uses anime characters.

======================================

I finished the life-steal, now it also stacks like dodge and critical.
I'm doing some items with just stats and no special effect to be able to test the map.

The worse is I know I had one skill that isn't working and I need to fix it... But I can't remember what skill is. And I looked all of them!
I even put a comment in some trigger head...

D:

Level 15
Pretty interesting. I personally don't mind anime, but the models sometimes seem way out of place IMO, it doesn't fit the rest of the models that you are probably using, and it eats map size.
I personally won't mind if you used normal warcraft models, since good anime models are, truly, hard to find.

Moving on, I do find the energy system to be rather interesting, and how heroes do not directly benefit from gaining stats, but become more powerful in terms of their skills.
I see a very fast paced map, looking forward to it.

I want to warn you about one thing- items.
Items have always been something that tipped the balance in such maps. Especially in these kinds of anime maps (somehow, they seem to be so fast that a few kills made a hero ridiculously imbalanced). I hope you don't commit the mistakes that some have made by making unbelievably powerful tomes and insane items etc.

Something I haven't been seeing in arena maps is the killing spree system. It would be good if you had a killing spree system to warn players of more skilled players so they can watch out etc. A good idea would be to use more unique spree names, like:
XXX is a HOKAGE!
XXX is a Shinigami!

Or more generic terms, which I cannot think of ATM,

You can also try having each kill labelled, like:
XXX just Ninja-ed YYY! (When you kill someone without taking any damage from him or something)
XXX just Samurai-ed YYY! (When your left with less than 10% of your health and you killed)

Just random suggestion.

I like the other features that you have implemented. Looking forward to this map :)

Level 12
Do not worry, for I shall travel through time... ops wrong quote

Thanks for the feedback Zack, there is actually a bounty system, the more you kill or the longer you stay alive, your bounty increases, when someone kills you he gets the money, also your bounty decreases when you are killed.

There is Double Kill, Triple Kill, First Blood sounds and such, I'm not adding more because those are cosmetics, and I need to finish the gameplay first.

Also, don't worry about the items, they are balanced, there are no tomes, also no boots, since boots are just a item to take away your inventory slot.
There are 3 primary shops, Attack, Defense, Stats, and 3 Recipes shops, items from Recipe Shop 1 needs combinations of primary items, 2 and 3 requires combinations of level 1 items and/or primary items.

Everything is working at now, I'm just adding a few item samples for beta testing.

Level 3
Dude gilgamesh's abilities are just same as Foc... and kenpachi ... does he have any triggered spells ?

EDIT: inuyashas screenshot and ishida's zele schneider

(sorry man i didnt mean that XD no offence but all the anime maps are the same because you are limmited with wath they do ... its not like you are not doing a good job its just that its anime themed and i think u have a great idea and u are wasting it with theese anime stuff... Im a huge anime fan btw it just doesnt fit WCIII just as Catch_ya said...)

Level 12
Dude gilgamesh's abilities are just same as Foc... and kenpachi ... does he have any triggered spells ?

(sorry man i didnt mean that XD no offence but all the anime maps are the same because you are limmited with wath they do ... its not like you are not doing a good job its just that its anime themed and i think u have a great idea and u are wasting it with theese anime stuff... Im a huge anime fan btw it just doesnt fit WCIII just as Catch_ya said...)
Man seriously what are you? You just read the ability name and an illusionary version of my map comes to your mind?

Its not the same skill it's just the same name because its the same character!!!

Even WoW abilities works differently than War3, its just the same name.

And what the hell no triggered abilities? What are you smoking? All the abilities are triggered, can't you read? Do they speak english in what? look the sneak preview and please tell me one native spell that have dynamic damage, mana-based length stun, increases your damage with each attack or reduces damage based on your mana? Forget the ultimate I can't even think of what skill should be able to do that...

Dude don't say things without reading first, even that kykiou "purge-like" its all triggered, Yep, its a spell that paralyze your for a few seconds and you slow regain movement speed, but IT'S JUST A CHANNEL NATIVE SPELL, I had to re-do purge just because I don't want to remove the target's buff.
Also, almost all bufs are just slow-auras with triggered effects.

About the standing out, It is intentional. I did research before doing this map, and while I'm doing it. I asked people that play AoS, I asked people who don't, I showed to people who even dislike AoS and made them play to see their reaction.
And the most so far issue was that Heroes in AoS are hard to take track, even with Hero's Glow most players dislikes the caos because the units art are very likely.
So my Heroes are bigger than the units, brighter and glow.

Anyway, that was the first complaining about they standing out.
D:

And please Xeanorth95, refrain from saying things before being sure of them.

Even Ishida's selee schneider can look like a normal missile, but there is a whole metagame behind that skill.

Beta is near, I'm finishing item bonus system and I will add a teleport-filler system just for testing because the jump system will not work with the actual terrain.

Thanks for your support!

Level 3
Man seriously what are you? You just read the ability name and an illusionary version of my map comes to your mind?

Its not the same skill it's just the same name because its the same character!!!

Even WoW abilities works differently than War3, its just the same name.

And what the hell no triggered abilities? What are you smoking? All the abilities are triggered, can't you read? Do they speak english in what? look the sneak preview and please tell me one native spell that have dynamic damage, mana-based length stun, increases your damage with each attack or reduces damage based on your mana? Forget the ultimate I can't even think of what skill should be able to do that...

Dude don't say things without reading first, even that kykiou "purge-like" its all triggered, Yep, its a spell that paralyze your for a few seconds and you slow regain movement speed, but IT'S JUST A CHANNEL NATIVE SPELL, I had to re-do purge just because I don't want to remove the target's buff.
Also, almost all bufs are just slow-auras with triggered effects.

About the standing out, It is intentional. I did research before doing this map, and while I'm doing it. I asked people that play AoS, I asked people who don't, I showed to people who even dislike AoS and made them play to see their reaction.
And the most so far issue was that Heroes in AoS are hard to take track, even with Hero's Glow most players dislikes the caos because the units art are very likely.
So my Heroes are bigger than the units, brighter and glow.

Anyway, that was the first complaining about they standing out.
D:

And please Xeanorth95, refrain from saying things before being sure of them.

Even Ishida's selee schneider can look like a normal missile, but there is a whole metagame behind that skill.

Beta is near, I'm finishing item bonus system and I will add a teleport-filler system just for testing because the jump system will not work with the actual terrain.

Thanks for your support!

I was not talking about all the characters i said kenpachi... and ishida's seele schneider is looking just like the one in the BvOP . Gilgames's ability (the one's with the portal behind him) ARE same as FoC and you cant deny that...

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/6292719/Fight_of_Characters_Owning_with_Gilgamesh

1:55 gilgamesh's ulti

and i said that i didn't want to discourage you and i meant no offance i just said that your idea is really original and anime characters are not..

Im really trying to do constructive crits about your map and sorry i just checked some of your gameplay videos and pics no need to be angry :S :D

EDIT: i dont own the video...

Level 12
I was not talking about all the characters i said kenpachi... and ishida's seele schneider is looking just like the one in the BvOP . Gilgames's ability (the one's with the portal behind him) ARE same as FoC and you cant deny that...

and i said that i didn't want to discourage you and i meant no offance i just said that your idea is really original and anime characters are not..

Im really trying to do constructive crits about your map and sorry i just checked some of your gameplay videos and pics no need to be angry :S :D

Selee Schneider: In the video it just shows a projectile, its not like its that different from anything you might se... (facepalms)

The important is the gameplay, the metagame, not if the effects look alike.
Just for a note, I never played FoC.

And what the hell, I watched the video and the spells are not even near.
You seem to just see the beam color and says its the same.

FoC is a unbalanced map with many fail issues. Trying to compare it with anything is a severe offense and should result in ban. ¬¬

Also I can't believe kenpachi is like the one in FoC for one and only single reason: FoC does not use energy-system, so if a character is completetly based in a system that does not exist in FoC, how can it be alike?

Level 12
First i said ONLY GILGAMESH is alike r u listening with ur ass :S ...
In order:

Keyword: ALL
Note: There was only the zaraki kenpachi sneak preview on the thread so far.

Keyword: kenpachi, Inuyasha, Ishida

Keywords: Kenpachi, Ishida, Gilgamesh

Please sir, continue, you was saying something about...?

Level 3
Kenpachi looks boring and the animations of ishida and gilgamesh seem to have the same animations that FoC and BvOP has and dude u could just say that im wrong about some stuff i said and i could say ok it wouldn't be a problem but nooo u had to take an aggresive stand ... And play FoC and BvOP then tell me if those skills are alike or not.. You didn't even play these maps and you still say that your heroes are nothing alike :S does that sound logical to you "mr. my heroes are original"

Level 12
Kenpachi looks boring and the animations of ishida and gilgamesh seem to have the same animations that FoC and BvOP has and dude u could just say that im wrong about some stuff i said and i could say ok it wouldn't be a problem but nooo u had to take an aggresive stand ... And play FoC and BvOP then tell me if those skills are alike or not.. You didn't even play these maps and you still say that your heroes are nothing alike :S does that sound logical to you "mr. my heroes are original"
I don't play those maps, I have tested them already.

And its impossible to look alike just because the fucking entire system is different. Man, if the entire hero concept is about something there isn't even on the other map, how can it be a copy wtf are you saying.

Yeah the model is alike, maybe it is BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME. That would explain many things, don't? Hey, look that map footman is too much like that another map footman... I wonder why? Maybe they are the same unit type? No... that couldn't be....

*facepalms*

=====================================================

The beta version is ready, waiting for beta testers to show up...

Level 3
I don't play those maps, I have tested them already.

And its impossible to look alike just because the fucking entire system is different. Man, if the entire hero concept is about something there isn't even on the other map, how can it be a copy wtf are you saying.

Yeah the model is alike, maybe it is BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME. That would explain many things, don't? Hey, look that map footman is too much like that another map footman... I wonder why? Maybe they are the same unit type? No... that couldn't be....

*facepalms*

=====================================================

The beta version is ready, waiting for beta testers to show up...

I didn't say your map is not original :S

I said heroes are not original because THEY CAN'T BE I already said you look like you have a great idea and you are wasting it with doing it with anime heroes because only way you have fun with anime heroes is fast leveling and op, unbalanced, animelike skills.

You have a really original idea and you're throwing it away with these anime heroes... Change the heroes i think you might still have a chance..

Also i would like to be a beta tester if you don't mind :) Im really curious about the map..

Level 12
Just add me on xfire for beta test: "saishy"

==========================================

But the point is, my map isn't about fast leveling, unbalanced skills and colored flashing lights.
I doing it because I don't think it's fair that there is only bad anime themed maps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.