• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

An old version of DBZ Tribute I started from scratch then handed over to Zarmat's Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok, full disclosure: this is taken directly from epicwar where I noticed a version naming that looked similar to the last numeric iteration I worked on alone a very long time ago.

I believe I had a local copy at .52 or something, but that has long since been destroyed or lost by me - not the best memories in relation to this particular adventure.

The triggers are, from what I can see, at least 95% mine - the only thing I specifically noticed that I can say with absolute certainty not being mine is the folder with one Electric Saiyan's Transformation System.

I also believe the team I handed my basic barebones thing over to started implementing this Transformation System, but did not finish - it MAY currently have some conflicts with my feeble attempt at a Transformation System also in Triggers - I am not completely sure.

Now, the models and terrain - these are VERY changed from what I remember having provided.

SOMEONE did what is, from my perspective, a LOT of work on models and terrain - I would love to name them if I could with 100% certainty, but lacking the name from a reliable source, I can not.

Note that some Regions *may* not be where they are supposed to be. This I was not 100% certain of on my personal re-view of the map to compare to my memory.

Anyway, that's about all the preface I feel is needed.

Here it is, my barebones DBZ Tribute Alpha with the aforementioned work on it by others. :)

Attachments

• DBZTA.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
Level 4
Honestly? I believe it was some time after 9.3 by Gotenkz and him having vanished. Best guess. The date on epicwar is sometime in 2007 - I will provide you with a direct link to where I found it there, if wished?

Level 1
:eek: dude, did you go by a different username back then? I spent so many hours on Z’s Old forum.
I also have a few unprotected versions somewhere, since I helped terrain at some point. Those were good times :).

Level 4
I don't think I did - I have held onto my username for the most part through thick and thin.

Which "old" forums do you mean?

Several iterations of DBZT Forums were hacked or taken down or whatever - I do not recall exactly which, by url, I was active on.

The ones I remember throwing a noob hissyfit about FT on were, afaik, compromised in some way or just taken down - those would have been the Forums I was most active on, as best I can recall.

The only other iteration of DBZT Forums I can recall having had much any activity on would have been the ones where Zarmat was admin (as they often were - I always felt they did a pretty good job :) ) and they were trying to make a DBZ Tribute Alliance or something.

I noticed those forums, offered my .51 as an unprotected template though they already had started on something - exactly how much progress was made on the DBZTA's own version I do not know - and that was about it for my interaction on that front.

From there, I believe I moved on to THW for all Wc3-related stuff.

You might find some of my old'ish posts on a few DBZT Version(s) by adam.

Emphasis on the old part heh.

Meh, I recently changed my avatar from the simple'ish Greem Gem to a fancy Gravatar thing - gotta keep up with the times, ya know? :)

Perhaps this Avatar Image would jog your memory - I do not recall if I had bothered to use photobucket back then, but eh.

Hmm, wait. The ones I have on Photobucket atm look to be new - not convinced they match the old ones I used to use.

Oh well - the original images were from Bejeweled on Steam and I think they were eventually changed anyway.

It was a green or blue gem, most likely, but I do not recall for certain if these images match the originals I used back then - I have been a tad stricter on privacy policy stuff & scrambled filenames and disabled linkbacks on photobucket.

1afc0f56.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.