• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

An Ogre's Mission v1.21a

I've updated this map with an older version, cuz the new one was full of bugs (like you start at level 30). My laptop was stolen with all my files and since I've protected them, I can't update them anymore.
183449-albums4642-picture55095.png

Adventure Map

Play as Huzok or Jo'Gaz as an unstoppable force. While trapped in the kingdom of the Wildaxe Tribe. The two Ogre's must escape from the island, but you'll find out that it won't be easy! With new improved Abilties, units, items, bosses, features, interface and much more makes this map a whole different map than the old version. So expierence the adventure and try it out. If you have any comments or found any bugs please let me know.

183449-albums4642-picture45528.png

183449-albums4642-picture45529.png

183449-albums4642-picture45530.png

183449-albums4642-picture45531.png

183449-albums4642-picture45532.png

183449-albums4642-picture45533.png

183449-albums3916-picture37243.png

183449-albums3916-picture37244.png

183449-albums3916-picture37245.png

183449-albums3916-picture37246.png

183449-albums3916-picture37247.png

183449-albums3916-picture37248.png

Contents

An Ogre's Mission v1.21a (Map)

Reviews
15:42, 11th Nov 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 3
Memory leak:There is big memory leak at illidan like boss think its final where big red lightings mark area of boss it was slide show to me and big frame drop for my friend wich was increased over time ,as boss hp get lower, to point of unplayable!

Items:Dont know is it item drop rate % or there is no mana and inteligence base items for jogaz we played for almost hour and half and there was no item from any boss for him!

Level 15
Memory leak:There is big memory leak at illidan like boss think its final where big red lightings mark area of boss it was slide show to me and big frame drop for my friend wich was increased over time ,as boss hp get lower, to point of unplayable!

Items:Dont know is it item drop rate % or there is no mana and inteligence base items for jogaz we played for almost hour and half and there was no item from any boss for him!

You must've had an old version, because the Illidan boss doesn't use that red lightning thingy anymore because of what you've described.

Every boss has a 10% to drop 5 different items, I'll improve the map as soon I've time. I'll create an item shop, better boss fights, more optional quests and perhaps more optional quests.

Thx for the post :)

Level 3
I tried the map but had to stop at troll boss
After the cinematic i wanted to move the mage ogre to the back cuz he was attacked by the melee guy
Suddenly the barrier came telling me "You can't move outside a specific area during a boss fight" locking the mage out of the area....

Level 20
I tried the map but had to stop at troll boss
After the cinematic i wanted to move the mage ogre to the back cuz he was attacked by the melee guy
Suddenly the barrier came telling me "You can't move outside a specific area during a boss fight" locking the mage out of the area....
Yeah me too, It happened to me when I was playing with my friend... Also, Maximum_Evil you must use the trigger, "Pick all unit in the map, Triggering unit is own by Player 1 and 2, Order them to instantly move to the boss area position (The Region in the Boss Area)...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Boy does this map have issues:
Apart from unit unwritten/incorrect descriptions, there is the music that can't be stopped through "music off", Huzok's second spell from the first collection of spells teleports you underwater where the turtle is and leaves you there. If you get killed by your ally and have a ankh of reincarnation you lose, not revive. It would've been nicer if you could've seen the minimap.
You could write the descriptions of every spell and it's class in the quest log or somewhere so you would not have to choose blindly.

It's a fun hack and slash map but fix the damn bugs.

Last edited:
Level 2
Mini Boss Leka

Hey I found a problem at the crossroad for the bosses. The upper one was not so hard. After a while he stopped regenerating. But the lower one. The bear did not stop regenerating. He could not kill me but I could not kill him. I saw in the quests that at least five bears must survive. But when you kill them you can not return beceause of the lighting barrier. Can you fix this?

Level 1
It was a very good map but it was badly ended
SPOLIER ABOUT THE GAME

By Killing both of the Character randomly.
I thought after you had escaped through the boat it would go somewhere else or maybe include a Ship section. I was kind of dissapointed because they died after killing A WHOLE TRIBE of Trolls. Also, killing the Trolls Kids was kind of weird and felt wrong.

Level 15
It was a very good map but it was badly ended
SPOLIER ABOUT THE GAME

By Killing both of the Character randomly.
I thought after you had escaped through the boat it would go somewhere else or maybe include a Ship section. I was kind of dissapointed because they died after killing A WHOLE TRIBE of Trolls.

Killing both of them was more of a bad joke.

Also, killing the Trolls Kids was kind of weird and felt wrong.

No mercy! Plus this quest was deleted in the new version of the map, which was protected and my laptop got stolen so can't fix it because its full of testing bugs (starting at lvl 30 etc.)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Had another try on it:
-Serpent Wards cannot be attacked by the arcane wielding Ogre (he has magic attack type)
-the kills table needs to be modified: it shows the difficulty instead of the first player's name and the other player's kills are without a name on the left. Sure the number texts are coloured as the players' color but still...
-some spiders get blocked because of doodads in the spider boss arena
-the Boulder Throw spell does not have a maximum level: there is no text to mention that, the damage does not change and money is still consumed after buying the spell more than 5 times. At its "maximum" level the spell drains no mana and has no cooldown
-when battling Kizo as a demon things start appearing on the screen and make it look like a graphics card glitch at the point that the player has to change the angle of the camera to see something. Units become transparent and only their selection circles are seen if not in a specific angle of the camera

A suggestion:
-in the last part with the tower defense play some of the attacking towers should be made more resistant (+hp+/-armor) because they fall too easily, especially when retreating for regeneration or the likes
-maybe try harder on humour