• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rexxar, Champion of the Horde - Fixed & Improved

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.

Improved Rexxar:

Hello everyone!
Rexxar has always been my favorite character in warcraft since his first appearance in the frozen throne.
After checking out the original model it seams that he is missing an attack 2.
Credit:

I have improved the model because when using attack 2 the model was sliding on the ground and there was a clip in the animations at the base of the legs (issues present in the default Beastmaster hero from where the attack was imported

Issues:
  • Armor collisions and cloth clipping with the legs in some cinematic animations
  • Imported attack 2 (from Beastmaster) -> legs are clipping and the entire model is sliding on the ground / missing cloth & necklase animations / pauldron is colliding with the face
Fixes:
  • Properly set all armor and cloth components to remove collisions
  • Added beastmaster nodes to remove the sliding / added animations for all cloth components and necklase / added custom movement for the pauldron to no longer collide with the face
Updates:
  • Created multiple versions of the original rexxar with small changes to the model.
  • Created a new portrait for the alternative versions of rexxar
Installation:
To set them as the default models in your game add to path:
  • Warcraft III\_retail_\units\other\rexxar
Check out my other work here:
Hope you enjoy!
All feedback is welcomed.
Contents

RexxarAlternate (Model)

RexxarAlternate portrait (Model)

RexxarArmored (Model)

RexxarArmored portrait (Model)

RexxarBetterEquipped (Model)

RexxarBetterEquipped portrait (Model)

RexxarClassic (Model)

RexxarClassic portrait (Model)

RexxarImproved (Model)

RexxarImproved portrait (Model)

Level 6

Well my idea was what if you take the druid of the claw give it glove weapons (but its a dragon skull) and she has the same pants as the blade master. the original idea was a druid of the fang. an off set of the druid of the claw that change into dragons. Using the beast master concept they can be the ones that was so stong they was able to tame and control the dragons.

Level 35
I mean in the portrait
got scare for a sec :D Yea will be another update for many of my models to remove leg everything from pelvis side if it looks good :D

For now I will leave them like because it's not a big issue mostly with space but with custom campaigns I think it can be handled until I add this small update.
My main consern was the additional pauldron to have good animations which it does so all is good with him in terms of use

strange because I am going in my map and all is good but I will review and add an updated model. Maybe because it's 1000 format and IM told me you need 1100 format for 1.35
yep, new models must be updated to 1100 to avoid some bugs. I've deleted the previous version, seemed silly to have both fixed models when one is clearly better