1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

akaka's Prop Hunt 3.4

Submitted by Krazykid
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
「akaka's Prop Hunt 3.4」

By akaka or krazykid

Props can transform into anything in their environment. While hunters have to shoot at props and find which ones are the players that are hiding. When a hunter kills a player, he too turns into a hunter. Each round is 3 minutes long.

Powerups that are optional
• Endless Mode

12 Different Playable areas
Areas Randomize Each Time Adding Huge Replayability

Preview image (thanks to xHennx)
Loading image (thanks to xHennx)
Minimap image (thanks to xHennx)

2.9 Change log:

-Added hunter scaling to make the game more fair for props. The more hunters there are means the less health each next hunter will have.
-You will now receive 3 extra points if you survive after randoming your prop.
-Increased the variation of props you can random into.
-Added more props in certain maps
-New Map added called 'Canyon'
-Reduced Tracking cooldown to 10 seconds.

3.0 Change log:
-Only the first hunter will have the tracking ability. Every hunter after that will not.
-Reduced the timer till props win to 3 minutes.
-Added more props in certain maps.
-Visual enhancements in certain maps.

3.1 Change log:

-Fun new ability added to props that allows them to pickup other props and move them around.
-Bug Fixes
-Visual improvements

3.2 Change log:

-New ability added to hunters that allows them to call a dog that will attack random props around it for 20 seconds.
-Added back the custom hunter model
-Added back the custom Bomb and Tracking icons.

3.3 Change log:
-Fixed player color issue when randoming props.

3.4 Change log:
-Added new feature where players can pick if they want to be hunter or not each round.
-Fixed a bug where if your dog kills a prop you didn't get a point.
-Other small fixes.

Contents

akaka's Prop Hunt 3.4 (Map)

Reviews
[IMG][c]Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b[IMG][IMG] akaka's Prop Hunt by akaka / Crazykid [IMG] RATINGS Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 24/30 Terrain & Aesthetics: 17/20 Total Score: 41/50 Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+ 4 Stars: 40-47 3 Stars:...
  1. [​IMG]
    Moderator:
    StoPCampinGn00b
    version 1.06
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    akaka's Prop Hunt
    by akaka / Crazykid
    [​IMG] RATINGS
    • Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 24/30
      Terrain & Aesthetics: 17/20
      Total Score: 41/50

• Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+
      4 Stars: 40-47
      3 Stars: 25-39
      2 Stars: 10-24
      1 Stars: 1-9

[​IMG] CRITIQUE
    Gameplay:
    The gameplay resembles most hide and seek maps such as murder at the mansion. It shares the basic features such as disguising as a prop, and the "seeker" having a number of chances to find them. With the feature of rounds and being able to move around, those things makes this hide and seek map a little different than the others.

There aren't necessarily any bad points, but I do see some missed opportunities. Map sizes do vary somewhat, but when choosing, the hunter doesn't exactly know which ones are suitable for more or less players. In a three player session, it just isn't fun going into a map with so many props. I understand that you recommend this game for more players, but making it able to be enjoyable for a varied amount is a thing many of the new maps have these days. One other thing is how all of the areas to choose from are only Warcraft terrain themed. The prop hunt section just doesn't have the charm and uniqueness than it could have.

24/30

Terrain & Aesthetics:
    The terrain was done pretty well, it was regular tiles done well.

Your strong point in the terrain was height leveling. When there were cliffs, they weren't ugly and spammed. Every section has very well executed use of height leveling, especially near water.

You did a great job designing things like night elf villages and lava areas. Doodads matched in there rightful environment. The only criticism I have is that there aren't too much special effects. For example, making lava spout in some areas would look fantastic. Those kind of things add on to the visuals of the map, especially if it's basic like terrain.

17/20

[​IMG] VERDICT
    The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
    - All rules followed, map approved!
    [​IMG] NOTES
    Overall if players are tired of playing other hide and seek games, play this one! I don't think players would be disappointed. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [/tdalt][/tr]

2. GhxBronie

GhxBronie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's Very Entertaining, I've played with 5 people. We did not know what to do, but slowly we understand this.

Just found a Bug which is:

When you Cancel the Attack when the unit is about to shoot. You lose down 10 life unjustly.

If you can fix it, I appreciate it.

Regards - [​IMG]

3. Krazykid

Krazykid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ill look into it, glad you like the game! :D]
    Edit-Update v.1.02 fixed attack canceling and other stuff.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  4. Rex.

Rex.

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Like it!

5. Krazykid

Krazykid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    im glad! :D

6. PlankingWolf

PlankingWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great recreation, map photo is from the TF2 Prop Hunt version, where everybody's a Pyro.

7. Krazykid

Krazykid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yup :D

8. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Review finished :cgrin:

[​IMG]
    Moderator:
    StoPCampinGn00b
    version 1.06
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    akaka's Prop Hunt
    by akaka / Crazykid
    [​IMG] RATINGS
    • Gameplay: 24/30
      Terrain & Aesthetics: 17/20
      Total Score: 41/50

• 5 Stars: 47+
      4 Stars: 40-47
      3 Stars: 25-39
      2 Stars: 10-24
      1 Stars: 1-9

[​IMG] CRITIQUE
    Gameplay:
    The gameplay resembles most hide and seek maps such as murder at the mansion. It shares the basic features such as disguising as a prop, and the "seeker" having a number of chances to find them. With the feature of rounds and being able to move around, those things makes this hide and seek map a little different than the others.

There aren't necessarily any bad points, but I do see some missed opportunities. Map sizes do vary somewhat, but when choosing, the hunter doesn't exactly know which ones are suitable for more or less players. In a three player session, it just isn't fun going into a map with so many props. I understand that you recommend this game for more players, but making it able to be enjoyable for a varied amount is a thing many of the new maps have these days. One other thing is how all of the areas to choose from are only Warcraft terrain themed. The prop hunt section just doesn't have the charm and uniqueness than it could have.

24/30

Terrain & Aesthetics:
    The terrain was done pretty well, it was regular tiles done well.

Your strong point in the terrain was height leveling. When there were cliffs, they weren't ugly and spammed. Every section has very well executed use of height leveling, especially near water.

You did a great job designing things like night elf villages and lava areas. Doodads matched in there rightful environment. The only criticism I have is that there aren't too much special effects. For example, making lava spout in some areas would look fantastic. Those kind of things add on to the visuals of the map, especially if it's basic like terrain.

17/20

[​IMG] VERDICT
    The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
    - All rules followed, map approved!
    [​IMG] NOTES
    Overall if players are tired of playing other hide and seek games, play this one! I don't think players would be disappointed. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [/tdalt][/tr]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  9. Krazykid

Krazykid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "Shadow of spongebob" Its a box. Running away from a hunter. Its the Garys mod picture for prop hunt. And i suggested 4-8 players in the description. If you have atleast 4, the maps will all be ok to play. Some are bigger than others, yes, but the big ones have less props than then smaller ones. And i did that for the reasons you explained. "In a three player session, it just isn't fun going into a map with so many props."
    Also im unsure of what you mean by warcraft 3 themed?, do you mean i didnt put many custom models? I did it to save space, everything looks really good without custom models.

10. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    - I meant the prop areas aren't too creative, as they are all Warcraft 3 biome related. It is a missed opportunity to add other themes such as horror, arcade, or something just out there and creative.
    - Though it says in the description you should have 4-8, wouldn't you think it would be better to have different sections to have different difficulties?
    - The map didn't have any issues for the time I've played for 25 minutes, it looks pretty solid.

You put out some reasonable arguments, so I've agreed to meet you half way. Score raised to a low 4 star rating.

11. Krazykid

Krazykid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well actually i have future plans for more maps to be added,but school and stuff. And i dont see how the maps are war3 related, i havint played campaign or anything. these are all at the top of my head, i made these from scratch. if they are related to war3 in anyway , what a coincidence haha. but thank you for the new rate. :ogre_haosis:

12. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good day then! They are WC3 themed, though the night elf village looks like it could come straight out of the campaign.

13. Krazykid

Krazykid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I got the image in my head sort of from WoW nightelf villages when i played it as a kid, i was never interested to play the warcraft 3 campaign. I must have done a great job on the terrain for it to look like the campaign o_O

14. ukn0wnD3str0y3r

ukn0wnD3str0y3r

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    DotA 2's Custom Map have it too xD but is Clockwerk Goblin and Wisp

15. Skitoritto

Skitoritto

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks pretty damn good, what I do not like is the choice of Hunter models.
    Did it really had to be Rifleman? Wouldn't an Necromancer or Orc Warlock be a better pick for Wacraft thematic? If anyone wants to play this with me PM me so we can form a group or something.

16. Krazykid

Krazykid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can test it with me and my clan, also i changed the model. The pictures are old. Clan Mk and Useast. if u wanna meet up

17. Skitoritto

Skitoritto

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uh, Battle Net, I do not like using it :x. Is it possible for you guys to get Gameranger?

18. Krazykid

Krazykid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That would really overcomplicate things.

19. Skitoritto

Skitoritto

Resources:
    Resources:
    I guess..by the way my Warcraft can't read this with it's full name. I had to re-name it, anyone knows why?