1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Airships

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by Raydin, May 13, 2019.

1. Rem

Rem

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Zepher
    i know this is kinda ot. but is there an easy (or at least a non difficult) strategy to beat the furbolgs in the sacred forest chapter? maybe im just not good at these missions but it took me over 15 tries to win without whosyourdaddy, and winning took me over 2 hours, i am being totally serious too

2. Zepher

Zepher

Resources:
    Resources:
    Heres what worked for me:

Make sure Adren has the emerald of healing from the previous mission as this allows you to cast healing wave and keep your units fighting longer, also if possible get the granite figurine item (by beating Hydrus the destroyer 3 missions earlier) as it let's you summon a granite golem. When the mission starts get all your forces and rush the northwestern base, while you do this make sure to research all the upgrades, although their hero has reincarnation this shouldnt a problem because he starts at level 5, it might take you a few tries but your starting forces of swordsman, archers, and knights should be able to wipe out that base as long as you command them right and focus fire, it might take you a few tries but with any luck you should level the base and still have your hero and 2 or 3 units remain. At this point you're gonna have a much easier battle; now you have less enemies, thus less attack waves to worry about, you got yourself a 2nd goldmine, also the base has a merchant shop in the back so you can buy some good items. With that being done the mission gets much easier, sure you still got 3 bases to go, but trust me it will take you much less than 2 hours.

3. Rem

Rem

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks, this made it easier, is there any other tips you can give me to for this mission??

4. Zepher

Zepher

Resources:
    Resources:
    The only other thing is there is an item the enemies drop at random, I cant recall the name but it allows you to cast charm but only once (it has 1 charge) charming an elder shaman may make things easier for you since they are so useful, also the main base has this furbolg chieftain unit, it has spell immunity, hardened skin and a very useful command aura (+20% to your normal attack I believe) but it lacks resistant skin so ironically you can charm it, but I think there's like 3 of these units on the whole map

5. Rem

Rem

Resources:
    Resources:
    thx =)

6. Lord Alyx

Lord Alyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Back to the topic: Like @Zepher suggested have an airship that can only target 1 air unit with a piercing attack and 1 ground unit with a siege attack, but also give it a fan of knives ability that can "bomb" all ground units below it, it wont be abused because it has a cooldown but at the same time this makes it very practical not to mention powerful against ground units.

7. Zepher

Zepher

Resources:
    Resources:
    That should work, just make sure you test it and everything

Testing is one of the most tedious parts but it's the only way to prevent errors down the line, I've worked on stuff and skipped the testing then it took me hours upon hours to figure out the error

8. Lord Aiden

Lord Aiden

Resources:
    Resources:
    My advice is try looking at destructors from Legend of Arkain, its under hosted projects here in the forum, or if you don't wanna play or use the editor look it up on youtube.

I completely agree with that, even though it just an airship make sure there are no bugs/glitches associated with it, because those will be harder to detect and fix during later stages

When I was working on Silventria I was tested this one map where you had to destroy several structures (similar to fountains of mana) to win, and it was basically you, one allied computer player against 3 enemy players. The neutral hostile on this map had this Aeromancer unit, just like most spellcasters it had 3 spells, but one of them was bugged. For some reason no body tested for it, and once I began testing this map I noticed that sooner or later it would crash. Let me just tell you it took several tedious days to identify the problem, partially because it looked like the game would crash at random, after lots of work it turned out that your ally or enemy would run into these neutral hostile enemies very early in the game and if the Aeromancer used that spell the game crashed. The whole point to this was that if someone would just test the spell I wouldnt have to waste hours upon hours trying to find the bug.

9. Raydin

Raydin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I watched a video of this unit on YouTube, just having a unit like that around will automatically tilt the balance if favor of whoever has it, just look at the range on that thing it's over 900, additionally a siege type attack 1000 health and medium armor, this just spells op

10. Zepher

Zepher

Resources:
    Resources:
    that's a bad example, but if the range was shorter and the armor type was light it would be much better balanced...I think that's what you're aiming for @Raydin