• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I need to know how to make an AI. I need to make it so that these heros that don't have regular attacks (they're attacks are in abilities) to use those abilities. I have no idea why they don't do it on theyre own and I tried doing it in the AI editor....that thing's a bitch.

Can anyone help me?

Level 22
u have to look at order/string. if u based an triggered ability on for example blizzard, it has the blizzard string so it uses it when there r alot of enemy units in a group. but if u want it to use it alot u should use the string for a spell that is casted alot, like chain lightning or sumthing

Level 5
I'm making a Tekken map. I removed everyone's regular attack. They have Punch1, Punch2, Kick1 and Kick2 which are all abilities. I need to know how to make the computer use them, because all they do now, is run away.

I made one of the order/strings "attack", I made one chain lightning, one thunderbolt, one carion swarm, still nothing.

Level 22
no ofcourse :) they yse the ability with chain lightning only when there r more then 8 enemys, they use carrion swarm if the is a group together and stormbolt on bosses or heroes mostly. so they use those abilities only on those moments. u need to find another way to elt them use their abilities

u can do that by triggering their AI (ex: unit comes within 100 range of 'unit' then: order the unit to use one of his abiolities etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.