• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] Ai troubles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok, i am compleatly new to AI... not mapping, and well i wanted to know if someone can explain to me HOW to get ai to do a specific thing while in the map editor...

I can get the humans to mine gold... but i cant get them to build. I turned off the melee map aI, and i cant get the undead to move using the same style BUT for their race. my goal is...

------for human--------
-Get 5 phesants to mine...
-Create 2 more phesants
(^ i can get this done ^)
-1 makes a barraks
-1 makes a scout tower in base
-then they make farms
-then create 5 footmen (not sending them to the undead... the humans are on total defence...)

------for undead------
-get 5 the acolites to haunt then USE THE MINE
-get a 3 crypts built
-get 2 ziggurat's built

ATTACK THE HUMAN >_> (i can get that done with triggers but... it causes some problems for me)

If someone could explain how to do that so a 5 year old :ugly: would know it perfectly please do so.

Thank you in advance...

Level 2
i don't think you can get an AI to do the specific thing you tell them to do, in the same exact order... i think you gotta do that with triggers. You can make them build things by editing priorities but i dont think they'll do them in the exact order you make them. And you also gotta make them attack using triggers.
You can try studying what the AI usually builds first... and then replacing the units/buildings they build first by completely editing the units they would usually build first... i'm not sure if that'd work coz of the whole...editing unit data making it a custom game and stuff

Level 3
but thats the problem, truthfully i can only get them to mine (the humans) when i try the same thing with undead they wont even mine, much less haunt their mine >_>... so you say i should do it with triggers? do i need AI at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.