1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

AI Editor

Discussion in 'General Mapping Tutorials' started by VeljkoM, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Frozenbone52

Frozenbone52

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Ais Are Good +rep

2. Twilight

Twilight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh and I almost forgot to give rating

3. steelknight999

steelknight999

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

4. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This hasn't changed.

5. lhuks

lhuks

Resources:
    Resources:
    Como eu faço para implantar um custom script em um custom map? E porque toda vez que eu vou jogar warcraft 3 frozen throne minha raça sai na cor azul independente da cor que eu escolha no painel "Custom Game".Me ajudem por favor!!!!!!!

6. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lol
    hello

7. SLICED

SLICED

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, I tried making an AI Script so that I play with humans and my enemy is represented by the orcs... but instead my enemy is represented by the undead... I don't know why... and as well how do I work with those conditions in the general tab ? Thanks

8. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure what you mean in here. So, you made an AI for orcs, but when you started the game, the enemy was undead? well... select his race as orc before you start?

you make the condition. and then you go to the (prodocution or forgot the name) tab and right click and modify condition and choose one of your conditions.

so, lets say you want the ai build barracks only if he has 1000 gold. you put that as condition, and you go to the production tab, and make ai build barracks, and modify the condition.

(although i think this is explained in the first post) but anyway, there is an example Grunt Master, supposedly your warcraft III forlder. Haven't you seen it?

9. ToastAddict1057

ToastAddict1057

Resources:
    Resources:
    Greetings,i have a few questions:

Can i make a specific player use my race?

How do i activate the AI?

Thanks,nice tutorial by the way

--Toasty

10. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For some reason I can't look through Hive threads but you could check Techtree Competition #10 thread. On first page there should be link for the triggers about implementing race. There was also Race Choosing triggers in the spell section which I preferred to use.

Still it all comes to removing Melee Triggers that creates starting units. All you would need to do is create 5 worker units and main building at starting location of specific player.

As for activating AI there should be simple trigger that turns it on.

11. ToastAddict1057

ToastAddict1057

Resources:
    Resources:
    So i need to delete the Computers's starting location and replace it with 5 workers of my race and 1 main building of my race?

And if i have the AI on will they use it?

Thanks.

--Toasty

12. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why would you delete starting locations, that is pointless. What you need to remove is trigger
    • Melee Game - Create starting units

Now if you are making Altered Melee Map you would need triggers to replace the deleted trigger. If it is something else (already set races, no random starting locations) then really you can just manually put units.

AI when turned on will use units that are placed in map.

13. ToastAddict1057

ToastAddict1057

Resources:
    Resources:
    H̶m̶m̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶5̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶1̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶(̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶i̶v̶a̶t̶e̶d̶)̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶,̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶,̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶?̶

EDIT: Nevermind it worked! thank you so much :D

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  14. Nick5200

Nick5200

Resources:
    Resources:
    "When building a base, you have to make sure the AI has enough room to place it's buildings. In the WE, this is a radius of about 4 squares (the large golden ones). It'll freeze if it can't place them all."

So that's why my Custom AI bloody freezes the game 50% of the time. I always thought it was because I put lots of build prioroties in it. Tho it would not immediately freeze the game, only when it would train First Hero, and it's attack wave would start.

15. Pazuzu2010

Pazuzu2010

Resources:
    Resources:
    I search to ai editor download

16. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    AI editor is part of standard wracraft editor, it is not a custom tool to download.

17. Pazuzu2010

Pazuzu2010

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh thanx for your message.
    I would like edit ai-files, because now I've solve problem.
    Now I don't play WOW, Tombrider or other HIVE-game.
    Because I'm very inresting in this forum.
    It's exciting and fascinating.

Pazuzu

18. Pazuzu2010

Pazuzu2010

Resources:
    Resources:
    Joke - Please laugh at.
    Once upon It's live a nice little boy in little town of America. Everyone who saw him liked him, but most of all his granny. Because he prowled around, his granny called him "Tramp". Several years have elapsed. Today he's the new president of US. Nobody like him, and many people apparend him. Anywhere he called: TRUMP.
    Based of Grimm's Brother.

19. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    There's nothing funnier than a joke that you're told to laugh at.

Tho laughing tracks at shows are a close competitor.

20. Fabrizio

Fabrizio

Resources:
    Resources:

use a detonator to give the summoning order depending on what you will invoke