• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI Editor

Level 20
Should be in maps with enemy bases so at least last map. I admit though there is a real lack of full AI as campaign AIs don't bother with upgrading unit, tier upgrading, switching to higher tier units or expansion bases. I still haven't figured how to order AI to make new base without some bug happening like building spam.

Level 16
Should be in maps with enemy bases so at least last map. I admit though there is a real lack of full AI as campaign AIs don't bother with upgrading unit, tier upgrading, switching to higher tier units or expansion bases. I still haven't figured how to order AI to make new base without some bug happening like building spam.

My further investigation shows that the happens with the insane AI. In my previously mentioned orc AI case, insane AI spams both watch Tower and orc Burrow (Although I have stopped orc burrow spam through trigger). The normal AI does not spam watch towers.

EDTI: dude! you are the same tutorial maker! Did not notice that cuz you changed your avatar :)

Level 20
Think AI just loses its focus when trying to figure out what is expansion base and thus repeats the last order like Towers if you order him to build 2 mandatory towers, but the worst f he spams main building. Think this all just requires good condition. At least everything else works fine.

Yea I can't upload my old avatar for some reason so I am stuck with hive avatar. I am just glad people still read this and offer suggestions to fix it.

Level 16
Now I remember 2 problems:
About AI expansion, here is what happens: AI builds expansion, and I go destroy it before it is complete, and then the AI never build it again. Not sure if he never build just the destroyed place, or if he never build at all. How do you think we can solve this? That applies even to melee AI made by blizzard

2) I remember that, in Sylvanus vs Virimarthrus, undead campaign TFT chapter 3~5 probably, the meat wagons stored corpses. do you how we can make the AI do that as well? I will be expirementing now with WE to find out. it is probably something like simple trigger that make unit do auto-cast of get corpse ability

Level 16
*Sigh*
I order meet wagon to auto cast does not work with me!
I find: order necromancer to: raise dead, activate raise dead, deactivate raise dead.
I can as well find "order meet wagon to get corpses" and "order meet wagon to drop corpses"
However I cannot find any thing with activete/deactivate it :/

Level 20
Well Blizzard AI seems to have suffered with patches as I have seen many times human forgetting to reach tier 3. There is though chance he doesn't rebuild because he lacks resources or player simply kills units that are on list before expansion and thus AI is back on the start at rebuilding process.

Well AI editor can't order what spells to be used. Simplest thing would be to just make auto cast on in object editor instead of giving it turned off auto cast. Look at Meat wagon unit then Abilities-Default active ability.

Level 20
Ok about two AIs yes its possible with triggers, turn of one then start another.

That ability is coded in game engine though actually wisps should not be gone as far as I know. Custom night elf mines are bugged though at start of game as if it is destroyed the gold mine is gone to I think. Was long time since i experimented with warcraft editor though.

Level 16
O.K. Here is a saved game for Night Elven AI. I wont you to use "ISeeDeadPeople" cheat code and look at the night elves just after it loads. Do you know how we are supposed to overcome the bug where the night elves have idle workers and empty entangled gold mine? maybe we need to interfere with triggers, better not to though.

The Path for the map should be (D:\games\PC\War3\Warcraft III\)Maps\my maps

Edit: had to compress the saved game to zip :/

Attachments

• (4)Steel,Blood,AndGloryAITest1.0.w3x
    470.8 KB · Views: 214
  • NightElfAIGold.7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 234
Level 1
Help

My english not very good, i am from malaysia
I add a "attribute bonus" and a self make skill to all heros
I change the level limit to 100
I realise that, they wont self use the attribute bonus and the skill that add into them.

how? Can you help me?

Level 14
Although I am not sure, I think AI leveling is limited to 10, and skills a hero use is limited (and must always be: no more, no less) to four skills. If that is true, you will have to make it level the skill up through trigger.

I can second this, from what i remember. Anything above 10 has to be done via triggers since the melee-AI doesn't know what to do with extra skill points.

//\\oo//\\

Level 16
I share same opinion. Also, three skills must have 3 levels each and the forth skill must have one level only.

That has made me some problems with my AI, for my newly made worrior hero has only three skills, with one of them having four levels. The AI cannot save since one of the abilities is unknown. To overcome this, I just imported a fake AI Data for my AI, giving the hero avatar as the an ultimate ability. Then, through trigger, I increase the level the skill with four levels when my hero reaches level 10 ( sorry if I used the word level too much)

Edit: However, sometimes an error message pops up when I try importing the AI to the map with the real data and saving it, but I just don't care as long as I can save it other times ^_^

Level 3
How can i use conditions? What's it for?
I want to make Fel Orc AI , and make him attack with 2 fel orc warlocks , 2 fel orc raiders , 3 fel orc grunts , Do i need AI for that?

Last edited:
Level 16
How can i use conditions? What's it for?
I want to make Fel Orc AI , and make him attack with 2 fel orc warlocks , 2 fel orc raiders , 3 fel orc grunts , Do i need AI for that?
Condition is basically an "If/Else" statement.

Example: Target of Wave: enemy main camp; Condition: number of fel orc grunt is greater than or equal 7

but hey, is that not already explained in first post, or you didnt read? -.-

Level 4
You must first create in editor custom units and then extract that data from the map. Place the newly created file where you want and then open AI Editor go to "General Tab" and you'll see below "Custom Data:" and beneath it you'll see 3 buttons with one of them being "import". Click it then choose the data file you extracted earlier from the map.

i want to do exactly this for my map to make ai use custom units but there is o extract cutom files in my object editor> file> (not here)

Level 1
Como eu faço para implantar um custom script em um custom map? E porque toda vez que eu vou jogar warcraft 3 frozen throne minha raça sai na cor azul independente da cor que eu escolha no painel "Custom Game".Me ajudem por favor!!!!!!!

Level 1
Hey, I tried making an AI Script so that I play with humans and my enemy is represented by the orcs... but instead my enemy is represented by the undead... I don't know why... and as well how do I work with those conditions in the general tab ? Thanks

Level 16
Hey, I tried making an AI Script so that I play with humans and my enemy is represented by the orcs... but instead my enemy is represented by the undead... I don't know why...
I'm not sure what you mean in here. So, you made an AI for orcs, but when you started the game, the enemy was undead? well... select his race as orc before you start?

and as well how do I work with those conditions in the general tab ? Thanks

you make the condition. and then you go to the (prodocution or forgot the name) tab and right click and modify condition and choose one of your conditions.

so, lets say you want the ai build barracks only if he has 1000 gold. you put that as condition, and you go to the production tab, and make ai build barracks, and modify the condition.

(although i think this is explained in the first post) but anyway, there is an example Grunt Master, supposedly your warcraft III forlder. Haven't you seen it?

Level 20
Greetings,i have a few questions:

Can i make a specific player use my race?

How do i activate the AI?

Thanks,nice tutorial by the way

--Toasty

For some reason I can't look through Hive threads but you could check Techtree Competition #10 thread. On first page there should be link for the triggers about implementing race. There was also Race Choosing triggers in the spell section which I preferred to use.

Still it all comes to removing Melee Triggers that creates starting units. All you would need to do is create 5 worker units and main building at starting location of specific player.

As for activating AI there should be simple trigger that turns it on.

Level 4
Still it all comes to removing Melee Triggers that creates starting units. All you would need to do is create 5 worker units and main building at starting location of specific player.

So i need to delete the Computers's starting location and replace it with 5 workers of my race and 1 main building of my race?

And if i have the AI on will they use it?

Thanks.

--Toasty

Level 20
So i need to delete the Computers's starting location and replace it with 5 workers of my race and 1 main building of my race?

And if i have the AI on will they use it?

Thanks.

--Toasty

Why would you delete starting locations, that is pointless. What you need to remove is trigger
  • Melee Game - Create starting units
Now if you are making Altered Melee Map you would need triggers to replace the deleted trigger. If it is something else (already set races, no random starting locations) then really you can just manually put units.

AI when turned on will use units that are placed in map.

Level 4
H̶m̶m̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶5̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶1̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶(̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶i̶v̶a̶t̶e̶d̶)̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶,̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶,̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶?̶

EDIT: Nevermind it worked! thank you so much :D

Last edited:
Level 2
"When building a base, you have to make sure the AI has enough room to place it's buildings. In the WE, this is a radius of about 4 squares (the large golden ones). It'll freeze if it can't place them all."

So that's why my Custom AI bloody freezes the game 50% of the time. I always thought it was because I put lots of build prioroties in it. Tho it would not immediately freeze the game, only when it would train First Hero, and it's attack wave would start.

Level 1
oh thanx for your message.
I would like edit ai-files, because now I've solve problem.
Now I don't play WOW, Tombrider or other HIVE-game.
Because I'm very inresting in this forum.
It's exciting and fascinating.

Pazuzu

Level 1
Joke - Please laugh at.
Once upon It's live a nice little boy in little town of America. Everyone who saw him liked him, but most of all his granny. Because he prowled around, his granny called him "Tramp". Several years have elapsed. Today he's the new president of US. Nobody like him, and many people apparend him. Anywhere he called: TRUMP.
Based of Grimm's Brother.