1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

AI Editor

Discussion in 'General Mapping Tutorials' started by VeljkoM, Apr 1, 2010.

1. leviathan221

leviathan221

Resources:
    Resources:
    Try adding some land and they will attack.

2. war-lord

war-lord

Resources:
    Resources:
    how do you make it so the ai has units just walk around randomly?

3. war-lord

war-lord

Resources:
    Resources:
    how do i make an ai that just has 1 type of units that just wonders around aimlessly attacking anyone and attacking gates

4. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's done by triggers not AI editor. As long as the unit is neutral hostile it should attack everything but the gate is doodad so that part must be ordered or make gate to be building.

The AI editor is for races only.

5. Boris_Spider

Boris_Spider

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Add the Neutral ability "Wander" to it. All critters have it. It will still return to it's origin though if it's NH. Make your gates units to get them targeted without triggers.

//\\oo//\\

6. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Old Times

Hey! Do you remember that AI lagging problem? I think I found an acceptable but not perfect solution to it. It is to Limit the number of orc burrows that can possibly be built by the computer (player X) to a reasonable number. we may use this trigger to do so:
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Race of (Player((Integer A)))) Equal to Orc
            • ((Player((Integer A))) controller) Equal to Computer
          • Then - Actions
            • AI - Start melee AI script for (Player((Integer A))): war3mapImported\OrcMaster v1.01.ai
            • Player - Limit training of Orc Burrow to 11 for (Player((Integer A)))
            • Game - Grant shared vision and full shared unit control of (Player((Integer A))) units with his/her allies
          • Else - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)

7. Daeku346

Daeku346

Resources:
    Resources:
    For those who think that when creating an AI with all building, attacking and conditions and stuff, when you create starting units(Not the workers and the Main Building, everything.), you think that the AI will still use the one you created while there are already the requirements, doubling the buildings provided, you're wrong. The AI will only build once more if that building, if a requirement on the building tab of Building in the AI, when that building is destroyed.

8. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there a campaign here that contains the AI scripts (just like the blizzard's)? I played many, but couldn't find a single one where the AI makes units and attacks in waves. Campaigns here are RPG and not RTS (as wc3 originaly is). Is there maybe an exeption?

9. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Examples like Natures Call series, Rise of the Lich King, Forgotten War, Shards of Resistance, recreations of Wc1 campaigns. Some rpg campaigns though have few missions with bases. Also a special mention for Coming of Horde that uses exclusively triggers for enemy player. All of this is just from Hive Workshop.

Also Creep Rebellion Installer when used on map creates 5th race with workable AIs.

10. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the reply. Which one do you recommend for me to play?

11. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well all were fun, plus dwaren campaign except Nature Circle 2 is bugged because of patches. Though must point out that it is little off topic.

12. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, just this last message: I played the dwarven but it is like RPG (anyway one of the best I've ever played), now playing Shards of Resistance, but came to the 3rd chapter and didn't find scripted AI yet. Still, it is very nice.

13. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Should be in maps with enemy bases so at least last map. I admit though there is a real lack of full AI as campaign AIs don't bother with upgrading unit, tier upgrading, switching to higher tier units or expansion bases. I still haven't figured how to order AI to make new base without some bug happening like building spam.

14. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    That I was trying to find, anyway there are good campaigns out there, waitting to be tested :thumbs_up: .

15. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My further investigation shows that the happens with the insane AI. In my previously mentioned orc AI case, insane AI spams both watch Tower and orc Burrow (Although I have stopped orc burrow spam through trigger). The normal AI does not spam watch towers.

EDTI: dude! you are the same tutorial maker! Did not notice that cuz you changed your avatar :)

16. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Think AI just loses its focus when trying to figure out what is expansion base and thus repeats the last order like Towers if you order him to build 2 mandatory towers, but the worst f he spams main building. Think this all just requires good condition. At least everything else works fine.

Yea I can't upload my old avatar for some reason so I am stuck with hive avatar. I am just glad people still read this and offer suggestions to fix it.

17. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Now I remember 2 problems:
    About AI expansion, here is what happens: AI builds expansion, and I go destroy it before it is complete, and then the AI never build it again. Not sure if he never build just the destroyed place, or if he never build at all. How do you think we can solve this? That applies even to melee AI made by blizzard

2) I remember that, in Sylvanus vs Virimarthrus, undead campaign TFT chapter 3~5 probably, the meat wagons stored corpses. do you how we can make the AI do that as well? I will be expirementing now with WE to find out. it is probably something like simple trigger that make unit do auto-cast of get corpse ability

18. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    *Sigh*
    I order meet wagon to auto cast does not work with me!
    I find: order necromancer to: raise dead, activate raise dead, deactivate raise dead.
    I can as well find "order meet wagon to get corpses" and "order meet wagon to drop corpses"
    However I cannot find any thing with activete/deactivate it :/

19. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well Blizzard AI seems to have suffered with patches as I have seen many times human forgetting to reach tier 3. There is though chance he doesn't rebuild because he lacks resources or player simply kills units that are on list before expansion and thus AI is back on the start at rebuilding process.

Well AI editor can't order what spells to be used. Simplest thing would be to just make auto cast on in object editor instead of giving it turned off auto cast. Look at Meat wagon unit then Abilities-Default active ability.

20. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wonder if it is possible to run more than an AI, like Run AI.1 and then, probably ater X time or after some even, run AI.2

Edit: and my friend, I want you to comment on the experiment, I wanna see how true it is.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012