• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ages of Mages 0.46F

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
An evil mage has opened a portal to the underworld. The hordes of demons came to this world to serve their wicked master. The king failed to resist the dark powers. He called to the power of 10 legendary heroes. Only if you will kill the evil wizard, it will be possible to defeat the invaders.
GL HF =)

---This Version is beta---
[16.01.09]
I didn't work with this map for a year but several weeks ago I continued creating it.
Beta version can contain bugs or imbalances.
A non-beta will contain many new features, heroes, new landscape and save-load system.
[23.01.09]
In 0.45 - 0.46 new hero was added (Reaper). Gladiator was changed greatly.

Credits:

Preview Screen - PhoeniX_X

Icons By:
Nature Arrow - meneldor
Strike - RaeVanMorlock
Poison Arrow - DeathKnight
Dark Mage Icon - Sephiroth_VII
Charms 6-9 - BlackDoom
Ice Arrows - Shiv
Charm ability - Anachron

Thanks for help with map testing to:
PhoeniX_X, BIOengineer,SM1LQ, 1vann, tadji, GriHaNoID, ArtoFinnigan and other

Keywords:
Age, Ages, Hero, Heroes, Craft, Crafting, Mage, Mages, RPG, Day-Elven
Contents

Ages of Mages 0.46F (Map)

Reviews
11:09, 18th Mar 2009, by Rui It is hard to tell what this game is about, but I doubt it's balanced. Rejected with a rating of 1/5 (Unacceptable).

M

11:09, 18th Mar 2009, by Rui
It is hard to tell what this game is about, but I doubt it's balanced.
Rejected with a rating of 1/5 (Unacceptable).

Level 31
-Kinda annoying when you had to keep press the attack button
-Quite a good concept actually
-Priest just had 10 hp and unable to hide, wizard might keep aiming him since priest is crucial with his 1st skill to against the wizard tower and his healing ability
-Could be improve with more skill
-Wizard can protect himself easily by moving all his army to his side, rendering anybody who daring enough to attack him equal to suicide.

Overall - 2/5

Level 9
-You can use hotkeys to attack. Hotkey is written in the skill name in quotes.

-Priests have and ether body skill, that makes them invulnerable to physical damage.

-If wizard will concentrate all the army in one point, he will become defenceless and easy to be killed. And also there is no strong demons in game start. The better one can be only build in future. Without upgrades basic demons are slow, weak, have low damage, and so they are vulnerable to ranged attack. Also, you need to kill a pudge near gates to open them. So wizard can't concentrate all the army.

-About Fog skill: hmm, it's meant that you will cast it when you will be under ether body skill. Also, you can't win this game alone, teamplay is important here.

In 1.1 version I'll make weapon enchaments that will increase mana / hp and later maybe new skills.

Level 31
-You can use hotkeys to attack. Hotkey is written in the skill name in quotes.

-Priests have and ether body skill, that makes them invulnerable to physical damage.

-If wizard will concentrate all the army in one point, he will become defenceless and easy to be killed. And also there is no strong demons in game start. The better one can be only build in future. Without upgrades basic demons are slow, weak, have low damage, and so they are vulnerable to ranged attack. Also, you need to kill a pudge near gates to open them. So wizard can't concentrate all the army.

-About Fog skill: hmm, it's meant that you will cast it when you will be under ether body skill. Also, you can't win this game alone, teamplay is important here.

In 1.1 version I'll make weapon enchaments that will increase mana / hp and later maybe new skills.

-That is what getting my annoyed, having to click the hotkey all the time to attack along with it's cooldown.

-That won't help a lot, all it had to do is just to wait for the effect to gone and he would be vulnerable again.

-If you think it that way, think again how many army you had at the beginning.

-The problem is, with lot's of bodyguard guarding the main gate. How can the archer had the opportunity to attack and hide if the wizard had unit (demon) to see them ?

You should adjust those hero hp or the amount of unit the wizard had at the beginning or it won't be balance at all even if you play as a team.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I am reviewing version 0.46F of "Age of Mages", a map by Day-Elven.
It is hard to tell what the game is about. I picked a random hero. He had a couple of abilities, it seems my way to kill was to cast one of them, which would instantly kill a unit. Then I could summon a Banshee which would wander around casting an Howl of Terror-based spell... to be brief, this game was weird, totally, and it did not even inspire me to try it again. According to Brown, he had more than enough troops to kill 10 "legendary" heroes.

My rating is 1/5 (Unacceptable).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I tested this map as player brown, the evil wizard. I was amazed to see that I started off with an army of atleast 30 units. I actually was worried about the strength of the heroes, but one skelton archer managed to kill Rui pretty much with no resistance at all. To start off, I simply grouped all my units together, which seems kind of rigged, and if I understood the map a bit more, I could have pretty much killed them from the start by ret5reating my forces into one army, killing all the internal creeps and then just flooding them with powerful units.

Terrain wise, this map was dull, The terrain was absolutly tiny, and looked pretty generic, nothing special there. I would advise making it slightly bigger and better looking (avoid large squares).

At the start, I choose undead which I have no clue what the hell it did. I ended up not even testing my main hero, as my armies seemed more than enough to kill atleast 3 legendary heroes, leaving the others easy picking for wave 2. Also why was my food past maximum at game start? I would advise eithor making the starting units NPCs not owned by brown (reccomended) or else removing them alltogether.

Also some help with the gates would be nice, as I had no clue how to get units out of the centre to the outside of the city.

Fortunatly, bug wise I saw none, but then again I hardly had to use much to win. Thus there is quite a bit of uncertainty with some of my feedback.

I strongly advise making the map atleast slightly bigger, and changing the starting army system so brown can not just muster his forces and then attack with 30 units at once from all sides. More I can not tell as I would need more testing.

I conclude by giving this map barly 2/5, as although it does have quite a number of problems, it seems it could be enjoyable to some people who could go on to host it atleast a few times and also I was not able to fully test it so there is quite a bit of uncertainty with the rating.