• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Age of Mythology: the Tale of the Dragon error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 50
I just got the game and I had no problems when I installed it. But when I tried to start the game I got this error:
fb_img_15169744669065953-jpg.290477
Some guys helped me with that but now I have this new error.
This is the error I get when I start the game directly:
fb_img_15169744579918211-jpg.290478
and this when I try on launcher:
fb_img_15169744515821373-jpg.290479

Please don't mind because of the pictures taken by phone, I don't have internet connection on my laptop.

Level 50
I had these errors about Age of Mythology and that was about being the Windows 64 bit. And then I got rid of AoM alone, I installed Age of Mythology Extended Edition that could be installed on both versions. Could your problem be about 64 bit windows? I'm not sure, tho.
Well I also have EE but with the mentioned new expansion.
I don't know but I've tried everything and nothing seemed to work..:/

Level 22
What's the dll's filename on the third image? I can't read it on the image you posted, maybe we could get something out of that.

Level 50
Level 50
I did reinstall the game some minutes ago and installed a lot more versions of c++ and now when I launch the game I get the error: "Age of Mythology: Extended edition requires Steam to be running".

What's that about? I've never worked with the "steam" so far so I am not familiar with it.

Level 50
uh... Is that a pirated copy?

EDIT: Try installing steam
Well kinda.
I installed it but I guess now I have to pay to be able to play the game?

Second error looks like the game was trying to run an incompatible DLL, eg a x86 application running an x86-64 DLL.
That was fixed when I uninstalled the game and installed it again. I run all the c++ packages, I installed more version, I fixed some and it worked.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I installed it but I guess now I have to pay to be able to play the game?
No, the game does not have a subscription model as far as I am aware. When you brought it from steam that should have been the only purchase required.
Yeah, that.
So despite Microsoft remaking all Age of Empire games and Age of Mythology for steam you did not expect it on steam?

Only thing I find stupid is it forces you to buy the game again. They really should have allowed one to migrate the old licences, at least for the base content. Any of the extra DLC that was made can then be sold. At the moment Nintendo is very bad for this.

Reactions: pyf
Status
Not open for further replies.