1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Afterlife 2.X and up

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Xelephant, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Xelephant

Xelephant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey there guys, my Computer is broken atm so no quick fixes till next weekend.

@Anachron: You should try 3.8 then, because Terrain changed in 2.8 alot. On the other hand sintead of just saying it needs improvement you could tell us how to improve it...

2. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hmm I like dark terrains, like a pluagged map. I also think you should try an outside terrain for that kind of map. It was (never?!) made before.

3. timtimothy

timtimothy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a few suggestions for the game.
    I am a big fan of afterlife and have been playing it for a year. I actually have created a clan in US West called the AFLA (Afterlife Alliance). I am a lvl 123 in US west, i earned the exp all by myelf and have beaten the game several times.

Those who enjoy afterlife are always welcome to my clan, i will give a pen/ field test as an entry test.

Also, there are 5 significant bugs yet needed to be fixed, i hope the editor can work on it.
    1. People die when they switch guns at hp 1 with open-wounded.
    2."Glitch" bug (Which people pause the game when all are dead, and spam -restart to get x times of items and guns)
    3. Wave 1 and preparation time will be skipped somtimes after restarting the game. (Wave 2 comes after loading time have passed)
    4.Cool down of stimpack can be cancelled when people dropping their guns, so the cool down time is skipped.
    5.During reload, if people drop their guns, they will lose all the ammo in which they are reloading with.

Also, there are a few suggestions for the game.
    1. More new weapons, i think the unique weapon system in afterlife definitely made the game one of the best zombie game ever. As a result, new introduction of weapon will change the game experience of the game.
    For example, new secret weapon dropped by boss, new ammo type, new weapon. New weapon like G36C, M16-A2, PSG1, M1911, etc etc. I also suggest the introduction of rocket launcher, which could be funtioned same as grenade launcher but have more ranger, area of effect, and destructive power. However, the ammo available for the rocket launcher should be limited. They can also be more melee weapon like the katana and baseball bat, i strongly believe that this will make the game more interesting and everlasting. The secret weapon could be a galting gun, which burns ammo really rapidly but with a extremely deadly power. All in all, there are a lot more weapon that can be added into this game, and im looking forward for it.

2. New zombie type: There can be zombie crawling on the floor after they are shooted. Or perhaps Zombie dogs and new worm type? I am certain that the worm can mutate into another form, which is larger in size and way more powerful.

3. Increase the length of game: More waves can be added to the game, although 10 waves is already long enough, and i dont think many people can make it to wave 10. But for pros or experts, they can definitely go along with it. As a result, more bosses can be added along with new secret weapons.

4. Difficulty selection: There can be different difficulty that the host can choose from, which makes the game more user-friendly and challenging. For example, in hard mode zombie's average hp will increase along with their amount. While in easy mode, zombie has lesser hp and lesser in number compared to normal mode.

5.Increase in number of players, although 8 players are more than enough for this game, i think if 10 players can be played all toegther, the game will be more fun. (I dont have to worry about there are clan members who cannot join the game because the game room is full)

6. New terrain: I have a few suggestions for the change in terrain. I think in some places(like the school and the hotel) high ground could be added into it, because in real life school and hotel usually have more than one level. Also, places like hospital can also be added to it too.

7. New skill: As i review the level system, i found that they are actually only 50 levels for critical damage, 50 levels for throwing knife, 10 levels for handmade grenade and 50 levels for evasion. Only 160 skill points are used, while there are 40 points left. As a result it might not be a bad idea to add a new skill into it. I have three suggestions for that skill: 1: Faster reload rate 2: Possibility of penetration of bullet through zombie bodies 3: Increase efficency of medikit

8. More medikit type and introduction of c4. There are a few medikits that can be added to the game, for example like health spray, plaster, or even medicine which can protect people from poisoning. Also, explosives like c4 could also be added to the game, which player can remotely control the explosion of the bomb, but i suggests that the bomb should also be able to kill teammates and burn trees.

9. Last but no least, the introduction of lighting items like the flashlight. Infra-red scope which can be placed on a rifle, which increases the rifle critical chance. Larger magazine which allow the gun itself reload more ammo at the same time.

At last i hope some of you can give comment on my suggestions, i know it might be kind of stupid. Afterall it's up to the editor decision, however, i really look forward the release of a new version.

P.S My name in us west is timtimothy, feel more than welcome to play with me if u need a reliable teammate.

4. Bethezard

Bethezard

Resources:
    Resources:
    Another suggestions

Hi,

I realy enjoyed your map and in eurobattle.net server, we are fighting this map together already couple of weeks and we see potential in it as I am real warcraft 3 veteran ;)
    There are couple of suggestions I want to make.

First. There are so many pistols that is weak and useless. They are slow loading, weak and rare-ammo weapon. I don't know why they are in game then, if noone uses them. Pistols are weak at first levels and eaven more at later levels. I would suggest you to make better use of them, maybe make them dual-wieldable or increace reload time?

Second. It is peretty hard to search for ammo at a rush so I would suggest you, at first, change models of ammo-boxes, at second, make them color recognizable. Maybe, make rifle ammo at one color, pistol ammo another, granade ammo another, stationery gun ammo another and so on... I would suggest you to make recognizable modles for ammo boxes, for ammo clips and ammo belts.

Third. I realy enjoy worked out tooltips. And yours are like them, but I think they need a little tweak. Maybe, you could add weapon ammo capacity, add weapon damage categories (light 40-90 medium 91-150 heavy 151-1000 ultra-heavy 1001-3100), add reload time categories like previous, max ammo package capacity, consumables healing rate/points, splash radius categories. Why all those categories? I think, it is more realistic cause in real life you don't have some numbers on weapon that shows what is reload time etc so categories could be epxlained just in F9 Help.

Fourth. You should add more arrow-type weapons, dart guns and so on. Idea with posion pots is very good (mentioned earlier) and there should be some rope tied around arrows that could be dipped in some oil and using lighter, it could make burning arrows ;) This is exciting to combine different items together to get one realy good weapon. Bow is kind'a too slow too and it misses too many times to be effective against little worms to eventualy it is just-for-fun weapon that is bad :(

Fifth. Storage is filled with different items but only couple of them is randomly generated. I think that would be better if those unique items sould be generated randomly too.

Sixth. Those unique weapons, for example, 9mm unique pistol. Ok, it is good, but only way to get is to kill some boss at later game, BUT, at later game this "unique" pistol is soooo weak, so there is no use from it. You should think better for gun-power to balance game so all of your items could be used.

Seventh. You should add some place-unique items, like more guns and ammo at gun-store/police station etc, more medicine at hospital, some heavy weaponry randomly droppign out of some crashed army wagon at train station. Otherwise, there is no use from those "instances".

Eigth. I saw, you have those crusing automobile models dropped all over the place. They kinda look unreal. They are too many and at unreal positions. I think that would be great if we could have another key to garage where would be some vehicle to repair and later on, drive with. You could drive with it, but only one who could shoot with it, would be second one player who could sit inside that car too, but cannot control it. That would add some Fallout-like fun :)

Ninth. I would like if there would be bigger map, much bigger. No need to add many more special instances but add more different terrain, maybe, a wood around a city etc. This map could grow in map, that would make players amazed mo matter how many times they replay map :)

Tenth. You could make some bosses to drop special ammo, that could be used in some stationery machine gun spots. :)
    http://www.legaleagleproductions.co...17A1 ,30 Caliber water Cooled Machine Gun.jpg
    And I think that sand-bag-idea of DotD was great, you could make them too, but make them "indestructable" (as in real life) but they slows zombie movement for 80% as they move over them.

Eleventh. Mechanical pets would be great addition to this map. It will make a futuristic feeling and they could be a great use if they could carry one item and would be fast moving, scout-type pets. To balance this, make only one avilable for each soldier. Maybe some flying ones that just fly over soldier to increase line of sight, some crawling ones that could detonate themselves at need etc.

Ok, I will stop ;)
    Use theese ideas for good...

Best Regards,
    Deele

aka Bethezard
    aka Lindenthaal

PS: I found some bugs like never-ending AK47 when reloading with 1 bullet inside (happend only once), passing away when you have open wound and changing weapon, ammo inside invetory is not melting together if picked ammo quantity is little more than I can carry in one invetory slot.

5. Xelephant

Xelephant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the suggestions and bug reports, I'm very busy at the moment so the next update will take some while. But be assured i consider your suggestions.

6. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Re-opening thread at author's request.

7. krisserz

krisserz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I love afterlife...

8. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I can just say that:
    [​IMG]

9. Xelephant

Xelephant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey there,
    I'll pull off one last update to remove all the remaining bugs, maybe adding some new features and weapons. So if you want to be heard, now its the time.

Be aware i don't have that much time, so the development will progress slowly, deadline will be the end of this year, or sooner if i feel the map is done.

And if anyone has a cool in game screenshot, it would be nice.