1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Aeon of War

Submitted by MoCo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
LATEST VERSION: 1.03

Change log

v1.03
- some minor fixes and balancing adjustments

v1.02
- significant improvements on hero balance
- big item re-design
- AI update: computer heroes now buy some basic equipment
- many cosmetic changes and terrain improvements
- heroes now have a fixed amount of mana since spells are not becoming more expensive at higher levels
- added minimap symbols for shops
- increased life regeneration speed at fountains
- tower strength slightly decreased
- various code tweaks
- various small adjustments
- added weather effects

v1.00
- some little adjustments and polish
v0.99
- it is no longer possible to build towers very near to strategic points
- some small adjustments (necromancer nerfed)
v0.98
- fixed a bug with the tauren druid bear form
- re-added fountains in bases
- decreased mage frost bolt damage
v0.97b
- fixed a critical bug that made it impossible for the light blue player to choose a hero in non-fullhouse games
v0.97
- Added a random score screen at game end
- added formulas to spell descriptions
- new model for horde rogue, new skin for human necro
- hitpoints of towers slightly increased
- various small fixes and adjustments
v0.96:
- significantly improved hero balance; heroes now scale 100% symmetrically
- capture points re-arranged (one at each lane)
- honor system improved: honor is now given to all nearby allies and for many events
- added new items
- all heroes are now able to attack creeps & air units
- Added a path that connects top and middle lane
- Added abilitiy preloading to improve performance/avoid first spell usage lag
- critters no longer block other units
- fixed a bug that leaving players were not been taken over by AI
- added standard of war
- various other small fixes and adjustments
v0.95: Many terrain improvements, a new Hero: Ancient protector, many new items, respawnable creeps, various changes/improvements on heroes and many other small adjustments.
v0.94: Various changes/improvements on terrain, balance, heroes, items and such.
v0.93: Another greater update. 2 new heroes: Paladin (exclusively available for alliance) and Shaman (Horde side only). The goblin mage has been exchanged by an Ogre mage. Some other small changes and updates.
v0.92: This is a huge update: new terrain and one new hero: the Necromancer
v0.91: Small huntress adjustments
v0.9: Huge Huntress update/finish: completed spells, 3 pets to choose from, pet behaviour feels more natural now
v0.87: fixed a crucial bug, that allowed players to get more than one hero, rogue: fixed a bug, that normal attacks out of stealth didn't always do critical damage
v0.86: just some little changes and bugfixes, some terrain changes

MAP DESCRIPTION
This map offers fast paced AoS gameplay on a high level of quality introducing many new features. The heroes are mostly inspired by WoW and are equipped with characteristic spells and abilities making each of them a unique playing experience. Due to a custom damage system, the power of spells/abilities infinitely scales with the hero's attributes and anything from normal attacks to spells may crit. Moreover, the map provides a honor system, a tactical capture point system, decent AI/bots, various items (some with special scripted effects), many new graphics and FX, no hidden imbanesses and carefully balanced heroes. Everything is fully written in vjass and works in a trim performance. The map is meant to provide a reasonable alternative to the usual dota styled AoS maps - give it a try!

SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

DAMAGE, SPELL AND ITEM SYSTEM
The power of spells and abilities scales with your hero's attributes and everything can crit: normal attacks, abilities and spells. Accordinlgy, items may increase attributes, but may also directly affect spell/ability power, crit chances, etc.

HEROES
The hero pool contains classic heroes inspired by WoW and some new ones. The choice of spells is meant to recreate the characteristic playing experience of these hero classes. Most of the heroes have at least 6 spells/abilities which increases tactical depth and options compared to the usual 4 spells. Most abilities and spells have small cooldowns so you are able to frequently use them. Therefore, most heroes require a considerable amount of micro management to be played efficiently. However, there are also some heroes requiring less micro which makes them a good choice for more relaxed casual players. Finally, the hero design enables a considerable focus on teamplay. Since the number of identical heroes is not restricted, there are countless different team-combinations.

The map features the following heroes: Warrior, Mage, Priest, Druid, Rogue, Huntress, Necromancer, Paladin, Shaman, Ancient Protector.

CAPTURE POINT GAMEPLAY
The capture point system creates additional strategic depth in the game. Captured points give your team additional gold every few seconds. Gold is exclusively used as a pro-team resource that you can spend on base and troop upgrades or reinforcements.

HONOR SYSTEM
Your hero receives honor for many relevant actions like PvP, creeping, capturing strategic points, destroying enemy structures, killing enemies and heroes or healing/buffing your allies. Honor is your personal resource for hero powerup and you can spend it to buy powerful items.

BOTS AND AI
The map features AI. Of course it won't compete with real human players but it still may provide a decent challenge. You can fill up player slots with computer players as you like to get a full house everytime you want. Personally, I love playing in LAN with friends and usually it's hard to get together 10 people. Therefore, it turned out to be a nice feature to add some computer buddies.

CREDITS (systems, custom gfx, etc.) to:
Darkwulfv (XP system), Vexorian (Table, TimerUtils, IndieSummons), Rising Dusk (GroupUtils,IntuitiveBuffSystem, IntuitiveDamageSystem), grim001 (AutoIndex, AbilityPreload), Anitarf (Stack), The_Witcher (Shield System), Earth-Fury (UnitMaxState), Callahan (Angy Trunk model), Crazyrussion (Command Buttons), Dan van Ohllus (fx art), JetFangInferno (fx art), Nasrudin (tauren druid model), Red XIII (WCII orc tower model), shamanyouranus (fx art, totem models), sPy (fx art), Szythe (fx art), takakenji (Ogre mage model), Tarrasque (Pandaren ninja model), Uncle Fester (Troll hunter model), WILL THE ALMIGHTY (fx art).[/hidden]

Last but not least, thanks to the Hive Workshop for being an awesome site!

HAVE FUN PLAYING AND FEEL FREE TO REPORT ANY FEEDBACK - IT IS APPRECIATED. THANKS! :)

Keywords:
AoS, WoW, war, epic, crit, capture, defense, offense, dota, AI, bots
Contents

Aeon of War (Map)

Reviews
15:00, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: [img][c] Date: 2011/Oct/01 22:31:43 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 5/5 Highly Recommended Rep Received: 5[c]Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or questions...
  1. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    My suggestion is to add detailed descriptions for skills. Such as Cooldowns, durations and their dmg/heal etc formulas. For example i play assassin, it says that my skills scale with AGI but thats all, no numbers.
    Also getting wood is kind of unbalanced, there should be more ways to get wood beside capturing a point and killing a hero.

2. MoCo

MoCo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I consider adding the detailed description for the next update. As it regards the honor system, please have a look at the map description. In fact, you do gain honor for many more actions than just killing heroes and capturing points.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  3. HIGH_WAR_LORD

HIGH_WAR_LORD

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This map is so cool :goblin_good_job::goblin_good_job:

4. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    after your last update i re-dl the map and here is another quick general feedback.

• Skills still lack descriptions, for example Nature's Blessing doesnt mention how much regen it gives. I believe this kind of info are must for any RPG.
      Also skills still dont mention cd :)
    • Is it me or there is lack in variety of items?
    • Would suggest adding far camera options.
    • I love the fact that there are weapons, armor, ring, etc slots.
    • Dota-like fog system is always a big plus :D. It simply adds A LOT of depth to the gameplay and the skill of each player. It just does!
    • Any plans on adding more skills per hero or just add something like talents/upgrades for the existing skills. Like for example, if a hero has 4 skills, i will be able to upgrade 2 of them (ofc i have to choose which 2 i want to upgrade), hence creating more diverse play styles.
    • I love the fact that u dont have 203120 heroes, u have few and unique. Having in depth heroes is always better than having tonz of them. Its quality.
    • I didnt notice any consumables.. but even if u decide to add, make sure they have their own *Consumable slots*, like dota2 did lately, finally they realized how important it was.
      I have been telling the AoS devs here on hive ages ago (before dota 2) to add consumable slots and dont just copy dota 1 itemslot system...
    Overall i like the map, i like the principles behind it. Wish you the best.

5. MoCo

MoCo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your improvement suggestions. I will definitely consider these when I work on a further update.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  6. Nigerian NiBBer

Nigerian NiBBer

Resources:
    Resources:
    First map ever downloaded
    It was awesome and full of nostalgia
    And i'm new to Hiveworkshop

7. MoCo

MoCo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Map now is unprotected

8. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Added the "Open Source" tag as requested by the author.