• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adventure! RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Yea well im making an rpg map like any other, except ill test it over and over and change it around so its not too boring, not too slow, not too fast, not too easy, and that every little detail is perfect. Well I worked on it for a week and only got 2 quests and am feeling really bored.

I also have to make a bunch of other areas and change unit settings and all that junk. So If anybody would like to help me make sum quests, perhaps make sum units (and maybe models?) as well, I'd appreciate it. You'll get rep and credit of course.

I don't really need a kickass programmer or somethin, just need someone with a basic knowledge of triggers and can make quests, change unit settings, basically nething i can do (which is really basic stuff.) though i wont refuse help from the pros. Ill upload the map later.

The map doesn't look too great right now so if you do decide to help, look at it, think it's hopeless and give up, I won't think any worse of you. Ill still give you rep and credit just for considering it.

Level 14
Yea well im making an rpg map like any other, except ill test it over and over and change it around so its not too boring, not too slow, not too fast, not too easy, and that every little detail is perfect. Well I worked on it for a week and only got 2 quests and am feeling really bored.

I also have to make a bunch of other areas and change unit settings and all that junk. So If anybody would like to help me make sum quests, perhaps make sum units (and maybe models?) as well, I'd appreciate it. You'll get rep and credit of course.

I don't really need a kickass programmer or somethin, just need someone with a basic knowledge of triggers and can make quests, change unit settings, basically nething i can do (which is really basic stuff.) though i wont refuse help from the pros. Ill upload the map later.

The map doesn't look too great right now so if you do decide to help, look at it, think it's hopeless and give up, I won't think any worse of you. Ill still give you rep and credit just for considering it.

hhmmm whats the concept of the rpg i might be interested in helping out im good at triggering and i find triggering fun o_O.

Level 5
a concept... uhh...
well basically im making an rpg that takes place in a generic fantasy environment with different areas each with their own optional quests and a main quest line. I also want to add professions so it's not just another rpg with hours spent killing mobs and leveling up. Maybe spice it up a bit with different elements. Basically a generic fantasy rpg with more meat.

i dont really have a lore or anything at this point. I'm just following the undead plague theme from the original WC3 for now.

Level 3
Well i could help ya with this project. I have skillz in GUI (no pro stuff), i can Object Edit (units/items/abilities), and i can throw in some lore for you too. I hav some simple systems for item stacking (RDZ), only 1 weapon (alotta ppl can make this), Hero choosing via Dialog (i actually did this from scratch), random villager comments...item recipes would be cool. I could do some save/load code stuff if i do my homework =P

Level 5
lol thought u posted at 3:44 pm and i was like, what?!(PST)
right now i basically need all the boring but easy things like terraining and object editing, but all that other stuff sounds cool. The item stacking might come in handy and the hero choosing via dialog would be awesome but might need some extra triggers to make the camera follow the characters..All those things you mentioned would be great.
ill send you the map to check it out and if u think it has no potential and decide to not bother help me, i dont mind. Ill still give u rep and stuff. It's not much atm but I'm thinking of adding much more. ATM i need to add quests for the current region (only got 2, need like 15 - 20 or less if thats too much).

Attachments

• Adventure!.w3x
    909.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Level 3
So i tested it out. It's pretty cool. The models are good quality. You are gonna need the 1 weapon only system...badly.

I read your trigger notes. I can do the unit transforming for picking up armor. But, you probably wont need it. Kitabatake has made some very nice armor models you can use.

The way you have units being switched when they use an item will make them lose abilities. (This can be solved with an ability array) Also about unit switching: you should make it so after they switch the new unit is automatically selected.

You also need a system (which i have) so that hero can't attack unless they have a weapon in their inventory. (The attack animation of the model looks very weird without a weapon!)

USE ARRAYS!!! You should use an array to store all the heroes, not separate variables. Unless this a single-player RPG?

Btw: I hope you do plan on making custom abilities and don't rely on the Blizzard ones.

Also, there are A LOT of creeps put into small areas. When you eventually balance your heros...etc that needs to get fixed.

I've probably edited this post a million time by now XD.

Last edited:
Level 5
lol yea the map is pretty sucking right now. This is actually my FIRST map so when i make those triggers, i'm basically experimenting.
I dont really know how to do arrays but I guess I'll learn eventually. My goal is to make it so it can be played both SP and MP but right now I just made it SP to get thru the triggers as fast as possible.
I'm also gonna change a lot of the abilities, i just use them cuz im too lazy to create/edit. Right now im putting off all the polishing till i get the basic triggers in, tho thats mostly cuz im a sloth. :/

Also the reason i have a ton of creeps is cuz i havent added the creep spawn trigger yet :/

thx for the comments. Haven't thought of some of those suggestions :D

say do u know how to make liek schools of magic? I really hate being limited to 5 spells.

Level 3
Yea I can setup some spellbook stuff for you so u can basically hav infinate abilities if I feel doing alot of ctrl+c & ctrl+p

And I can show you arrays in 10 seconds.

And for a first map it's not half-bad!!
But your trigger organization and naming conventions can use some work.

But I am here, to help you fix these things...and I also happen to be doing an RPG so I've accumulated some ideas + experience.

Level 5
lol yea imma need some help with that. I tried to figure it out and the only change i was able to make was the black mask.

I want to ask you guys, what would you want in a map? Cause i really dont want to make just sum rpg map that dont really stand out from the others.
I want to make something that you will bother playing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.