1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

Adventure In Lightcrown

Submitted by Svetli
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Adventure In Lightcrown
Created by Svetli

Map Info:
Adventure In Lightcrown Story: The story begins, when Ulfric (The Soldier's Captain) is called by Lorans The Defender to help him for an important mission. And then, when he completes the mission, Lorans understands from a messenger that the King of Lightcrown ''Uriel'' expecting him at the nearby Castle. The map size is 224x224, playable 216x216 ''Epic''. There are more features of the campaign of course, but you will have to see by yourself. (Report for any bugs) The map isn't protected.
PLEASE, DO NOT UPLOAD OR EDIT MY MAP WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

Features:
- 18 custom units
- 4 custom items
- 32 varied objectives
- lore-heavy, cannonical storyline, set after the calling of Ulfric

Screenshots:
Terrain Screenshots

Image Description:
At Dragonborn Village:

[​IMG]

Image Description:
At The Nature:

[​IMG]

Image Description:
Bandits Camp:

[​IMG]

Image Description:
At The Castle:

[​IMG]

Change Log:
Version 1

Uploaded on Hiveworkshop.

Version 1.1

Fixed some mistakes.

Author's notes:
Hi, everyone! That's my first RPG map. Don't suprise if you find some little mistakes in my map, but report if you find. :) However, I made this map from improvisation and imagination. ''The name of ''Lightcrown'' came, when I was thinking for name of a town of course. It was eight months ago. :) Good Luck & Have Fun!

Credits:
Special Thanks:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • Hiveworkshop
Also thanks to:

Models:
  • levigeorge 1617
  • D.O.G
  • Herrdave
  • Fingolfine
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • HappyTauren
  • Sunchips
  • Tranquil
  • Manoo
  • Sellenisko
  • Sliph-M
  • Hellblazer
  • Hexus
  • Kitabatake
  • GreyArchon
  • Mike
  • !!GORO!!
  • Lord.T
  • dhguardianes
  • Teaspoon
  • YellowAfterLife
  • Imforfun
  • Sin'dorei300
Skins:
  • wezthal
  • se7en
  • Hueter
  • VENOM
  • CloudWolf
  • SA Dashie
  • Stan0033
  • Ubernator
  • zeatherawn
Icons:
  • John-Drake
  • Deon
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • lelyanra
  • NFWar
  • KelThuzad
  • Pyritie
  • BlazeKraze
  • Blaxor
  • Darkfang
Tutorials/Systems:
  • Svetli
Loading Screen/Map Preview Image:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • Svetli
Other:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • Hiveworkshop

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Ulfric, Lorans The Defender, King Uriel, Ur-Shak The Anarchy.
Contents

Adventure In Lightcrown (Map)

Reviews
10:47, 7th Apr 2016 Rufus: [IMG][c]Rufus ReviewMap ScoreGameplay:[c]8 / 30[r]Aesthetics:[c]14 / 20[r]Total:[c]22 / 50 Rating Chart 45-50[c]5/5 Highly Recommended[r]35-44[c]4/5 Recommended[r]25-34[c]3/5 Useful[r]15-24[c]2/5 Lacking[r]0-14[c]1/5...
  1. 10:47, 7th Apr 2016
    Rufus:
    [​IMG]
    Rufus Review
    Map Score
    Gameplay: 8 / 30
    Aesthetics: 14 / 20
    Total: 22 / 50

Rating Chart
    45-50 5/5 Highly Recommended
    35-44 4/5 Recommended
    25-34 3/5 Useful
    15-24 2/5 Lacking
    0-14 1/5 Unacceptable

[​IMG] Gameplay
    The ability you have initially is very simple, which could be ok. However, you need to take a look at casting point and casting backswing, as he waits at least a solid 2 seconds after casting a spell before he start attacking again.

You had only one custom ability, the rest was standard warcraft abilities, which I did not find very exciting. That custom ability was barely altered from storm bolt though. A singleplayer game should have some more fun options.

I like that the first quest was simple and over fast so that the player feels like he is making progress quickly. However to be honest it lacked many elemnts to make it very interesting. Most other rpgs has a lot of different items to explore, or an advnaced skill system, special attributes etc. This was a tad too simple as the only real advance I could notice was the leveling of pretty standard abilities that didn't get more interesting over time.

[​IMG] Aesthetics
    I find the intro cinematic very strange. Why would warriors sumon a single warrior in order to kill a few wolves?

The music is good and contributes to a good game feeling.
    UI is not complete. Only one of for UI tiles is working.

The first forest terrain was quite beautiful. Good forest feeling, and I can see that you have put effort into making it look good. The harbor city in which you arrive is also quite cozy and well made, save for the port itself. Noise tool with plank tiles was not a good execution. Flatten this out or come up with something else, as for now it looks very strange.

The terrain is looking really good in general all the way until the forest just outside the main city. City trees doesn't make for a very good outside terrain. I fell in love with the small nightelf village beside it though. Nice touch with the wandering ancient protector aswell!

The city itself is not very good-looking. You have used noise on the walls, making the imported walls float in the air, supported only partly by the cliff foundation. The inside of the city is blank and uniteresting. The castle model in the middle, is not rotated properly and has its entrance facing a wall.

The area east of the city looks decent, but not close to the quality you provided earlier. The area west of the city has the same quality as the city. Not very good. It seems like you started off with patience until you got to create the city, and then just rushed the terrain. Or perhaps you started with the city and became a better terrainer.

Anyhow, you have shown that you can create awesome terrains, you have just not applied it everywhere in your map.

[​IMG] Bugs
    The paladin only healed one of my footmen upon returning. He ignored me, even though I had low health.

[​IMG] Summary
    The game doesn't offer any special features such as cool items or special skilltrees. Something like this should be added in order to make it more interesting. The terrain is pretty beautiful at most times, but some areas need real improvement.

Even though it is not a really ground-breaking concept, it could be approved as it is working as intended, as soon as the UI is fixed and works properly.

Status set to Awaiting Update.

2. Looks as if you love the Noise tool.

Maybe you could give some more lore information in the map description ?

3. Svetli

Svetli

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I added ''Author's notes'' in the description. Hopefully now is better. :thumbs_up:

4. Yes, good job!
    I referred more to the story itself though, presented in Map Info. You
    don't really tell what is happening in the game, only what happened before, do you ?

5. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Rufus Review
    Map Score
    Gameplay: 8 / 30
    Aesthetics: 14 / 20
    Total: 22 / 50

Rating Chart
    45-50 5/5 Highly Recommended
    35-44 4/5 Recommended
    25-34 3/5 Useful
    15-24 2/5 Lacking
    0-14 1/5 Unacceptable

[​IMG] Gameplay
    The ability you have initially is very simple, which could be ok. However, you need to take a look at casting point and casting backswing, as he waits at least a solid 2 seconds after casting a spell before he start attacking again.

You had only one custom ability, the rest was standard warcraft abilities, which I did not find very exciting. That custom ability was barely altered from storm bolt though. A singleplayer game should have some more fun options.

I like that the first quest was simple and over fast so that the player feels like he is making progress quickly. However to be honest it lacked many elemnts to make it very interesting. Most other rpgs has a lot of different items to explore, or an advnaced skill system, special attributes etc. This was a tad too simple as the only real advance I could notice was the leveling of pretty standard abilities that didn't get more interesting over time.

[​IMG] Aesthetics
    I find the intro cinematic very strange. Why would warriors sumon a single warrior in order to kill a few wolves?

The music is good and contributes to a good game feeling.
    UI is not complete. Only one of for UI tiles is working.

The first forest terrain was quite beautiful. Good forest feeling, and I can see that you have put effort into making it look good. The harbor city in which you arrive is also quite cozy and well made, save for the port itself. Noise tool with plank tiles was not a good execution. Flatten this out or come up with something else, as for now it looks very strange.

The terrain is looking really good in general all the way until the forest just outside the main city. City trees doesn't make for a very good outside terrain. I fell in love with the small nightelf village beside it though. Nice touch with the wandering ancient protector aswell!

The city itself is not very good-looking. You have used noise on the walls, making the imported walls float in the air, supported only partly by the cliff foundation. The inside of the city is blank and uniteresting. The castle model in the middle, is not rotated properly and has its entrance facing a wall.

The area east of the city looks decent, but not close to the quality you provided earlier. The area west of the city has the same quality as the city. Not very good. It seems like you started off with patience until you got to create the city, and then just rushed the terrain. Or perhaps you started with the city and became a better terrainer.

Anyhow, you have shown that you can create awesome terrains, you have just not applied it everywhere in your map.

[​IMG] Bugs
    The paladin only healed one of my footmen upon returning. He ignored me, even though I had low health.

[​IMG] Summary
    The game doesn't offer any special features such as cool items or special skilltrees. Something like this should be added in order to make it more interesting. The terrain is pretty beautiful at most times, but some areas need real improvement.

Even though it is not a really ground-breaking concept, it could be approved as it is working as intended, as soon as the UI is fixed and works properly.

Status set to Awaiting Update.