• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AditTechno's Music

Level 16
Well, since the first AM thread is closed due to inactivity, now I currently having one year of experience, I'm going to update my songs starting from 2017 here (though not all of them)
1. Powerless
Powerless, I don't know what the genre is.
2. AditTechno - Resistance
Resistance, this is a short track, maybe Dubstep?
3. Dark Path
Dark Path, a Melodic Electro track.

These are my current 2017 tracks, my 7th contest entry won't be uploaded until the contest is finished, I'm out of ideas unlike previously, I can create an album consists of 13 songs in 2 months.

Level 30
You underestimate the power of a good kickdrum. When I did EDM, I used a samplepack called Vengeance Drums.
Your kicks don't have the definition and punch they need. Combine a good drum, some sidechaining on dark path, and you could get featured on edm.com, for instance.
It's dance music after al, beats are important!

Cool stuff though, just the production can be improved.

Also @powerless, you'd be suprised how much difference a good reverb could make on that piano sound. I suggest you check that out also!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Well, since the first AM thread is closed due to inactivity
You can ask for one of your threads to be reopened even by using the green Report button.

Powerless: as @Devine implied, this song doesn't have the necessary power it needs to impress your auditory senses. The melody needs a strong bass too.

Resistance:
well, this one sounds like a demo. It has better drum and bass though.

Dark Path: hmm, this one is the best I think. It has better instrumentation, however it needs some tweaking/equalizing. The ending is well kind of staccato.

All in all, you need not hurry when making a song. It's a piece of art which requires dedication and time. Also, try to use more types of sounds/instruments and/or edit them. It can get repetitive on a audition frequency level to hear the same sounds in most songs.

Level 16
Bump

I can no longer upload on SoundCloud, so I will upload it here as an attachment

Keep the Pressure - A Dubstep/Techno track that I used as an entry of my challenge against Brambleclaw.

Something Just Like This - A slight remake of Coldplay - Something Just Like This. I was just trying to experiment on this track.

Attachments

• AditTechno - Keep the Pressure.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 224
  • AditTechno - Something Just Like This.mp3
    5.3 MB · Views: 179
Level 16
I've retired from music producing, but here are my last things for my music production. Desert Machine was my entry for 9th Music Contest, it's technically my last track ever, and the bottom one over there was just a test for making music besides from trance stuffs.

Attachments

• AditTechno - Desert Machine.mp3
    8.7 MB · Views: 167
  • Concept.mp3
    3.7 MB · Views: 172
Level 16
Fun fact:
- If "The Future 2" did not exist, "Keep the Pressure" and "Desert Machine" wouldn't exist. Lucky it did, it really is a revolution of my music producing style.
- If "this" song did not exist, I wouldn't even participate in Music Contest #9, as the core concept of Desert Machine came from "this" track.
You know how disappointed I am when I lost the .flp file of "The Future 2". The core concepts of my next tracks actually came from there.
But this one that I uploaded is the next one to succeed The Future 2's style (So dated, started the project in mid-December 2016. Even so, I might not continue "The Future" again. Well, I may if I have motivation...). This was made in November 20, 2017. Why I never uploaded it here? I was just super busy on Desert Machine, and then I abandoned this track when the only thing remaining is the "Ending". It's also because of the long recess (of demotivation) I did.
This song has been left over that way with just the "ending" left, and I finally finished the ending with a lazy touch...
Although, it brought a great influence to my next tracks, like Falling Light.
Really love how this track turned out, because this track made me start using "Sytrus and GMS Combo". The Future 2 was pure "Sytrus and Slayer Combo". Desert Machine was a "Pure Sytrus" instrumentation (what's more, Stock Presets), except the drums.
Enjoy my next tracks to come, by the way...

Attachments

• AditTechno - Western Journey.mp3
    7.5 MB · Views: 216
  • bandicam 2018-06-05 11-06-35-947.jpg
    bandicam 2018-06-05 11-06-35-947.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 197
Level 16
This is made in September 30, 2017. I was just too lazy to finish this because this is too hard to make. I haven't improved at the time but since Keep the Pressure came out, that's when I improved.
First time I make songs, I try to live up to my username, and I keep referencing other tracks.
On SoundCloud, I have a song called "Pass Through", and that made me start making Ambient tracks.
"The Future" made me step further and I can't live up to my username anymore.
"The Future 2" uses reference in my own track, The Future. Because of that, most of my next tracks are heavily influenced on The Future 2. Why? I used an Electric Guitar preset for the first time, and it was really good. (Exception: Dark Path and Resistance)
My last song when all the file still remained was "Sand Shifting", my 8th Music Contest entry. It was also influenced by The Future 2 because of the guitar.
Then all my files are gone, I was damned.

Then I made this piece of trash, with none of my tracks as a reference. I thought I lose hope. I kept the track this way since then.
Now, I have a couple of tracks that can be used as a reference.
Check out my old SoundCloud if you don't know what I'm talking about.
AditTechno

Attachments

• AditTechno - Love Dance 2.mp3
    5.3 MB · Views: 167
  • bandicam 2018-06-07 19-26-31-614.jpg
    bandicam 2018-06-07 19-26-31-614.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 157
Level 16
You should experiment with melodic lines too. Add more than two-three instruments (aside percussion and bass, I mean) and work on shifting between chord groups.
Yes, it is. That was old, though. I already went ahead with instrumentation and I think I need more practice. Though for me adding another instrument that doesn't match the current note scale makes it messy for me. I think it's because yeah, I rely more on pads and usually my instruments must match the current sound of the pad.

Level 16
Checked my SoundCloud account, and turns out that my most popular track is 4 Powers, back in 2016, when my experience was still less than 3 months. I didn't upload this track to SoundCloud but I uploaded this together with the others for my first album, Compose Room.
Seriously, this track is mostly filled with looping sections (Yeah, that was my style back in the day)
AditTechno - 4 Powers
(P.S. I have to link, I already lost all my old tracks)
I don't know, though, do you prefer to see an old style or a new style?

Level 16
Alright, here it is, another music WIP.
This time, I'm planning this song to be a collab between me and another fellow Indonesian who kind of has the same experience time as mine. His nickname is TeaR, on SoundCloud as well. He's basically adding atmospheres and effects in this song. If you hear atmospheres and effects that are just new, it would be his.
The song is named Zero, the genre is Ambient Electronic and I plan to make this a 2-track EP along with an 8-minute song that is currently 75% done.

(P.S. My judging for Music Contest #(I forgot) is currently on hiatus because of school, homework, etc. but I've listened to the songs, and I just have to repeat it again)

Attachments

• IMG_20190225_210436.jpg
    IMG_20190225_210436.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 163
Level 16
Anyway, I decided to release this as a single. Here is my new track, Zero!
You may have heard of Zero EP before. Back then I wanted to add this to the EP, but the progress on this track was quite slow, so I released it separately. It turned into my biggest masterpiece ever since The Future 2!

I put a whopping 17 hours to this track (most of the time were used to think) and this is double the time, the work, and the mix I had compared to my previous tracks.

I featured my fellow Indonesian, TeaR, for adding some ambience to this track.

Listen to the track now: Zero

Level 16
It's here, the Original Mix of Zero!
I took 17 hours on the old one, and then 3 weeks later, I came up with an idea to revamp the song so it would sound the way I wanted! I tried to add a part in the drop, which would be the final drop and a guitar solo! Thanks to deepstrasz for playing the guitar for me, without you, it wouldn't have sounded like this. The total time I've spent for the song is 29 hours which is a lot.

Zero (Original Mix)

Level 16
Returning to music production!

Two tracks made for a new upcoming album, maybe months later.

Destiny - An ambient electronic track. Original song by myself, and it already has lyrics written by me. Still instrumental, waiting for a chance to record my own vocals.

Ringfinger - A remake of a Nine Inch Nails track, Ringfinger (original track can be listened below the remake). Still instrumental, planned to use my own vocals as well. Quite hard to make because of the need to make everything similar, especially the last part. Also, the electric guitar is quite hard to make, too.

Other 7 songs already has completed lyrics, plus one finished instrumental song.

Attachments

• AditTechno - Destiny.mp3
    11.9 MB · Views: 181
  • AditTechno - Ringfinger.mp3
    9.2 MB · Views: 174
  • 10 - Ringfinger.mp3
    13.3 MB · Views: 164

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I suggest you add a harder more bassy kick drum for Destiny as the song progresses, that if you don't want to keep it soft/smooth, somewhat ambient. The same also for the bass/metallic FX.

Well, it seems Nine Inch Nails aren't too bass heavy either, at least in that song.

Level 16
Zero EP

Zero EP turns 1 year old! It was released last year exactly on this date, November 25.

Tracks:
1. Desert Machine
2. Everything To Say
3. Keep the Pressure
4. Western Journey

I plan to remaster the EP, change some compositions, and add new tracks to it. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Level 16
The file was lost, but not anymore! I remade The Future (you might remember my Music Contest #5 entry) from scratch! It's a bit different, it even has a different composition in the bridge part.

This song is about to go somewhere, of course.

Attachments

• AditTechno - The Future (Rearranged).mp3
    12.7 MB · Views: 142
Level 16
New tracks! Two of them are revisited outtakes from Zero EP and one of them is a new track made for vocals in the future.

1. Eastern Journey - This is basically the first one I made before Western Journey, but I ran out of ideas so I didn't include this one in Zero EP. This song is completed (unless you change my mind) and ready to go.
2. I'm Still Beside You - An instrumental currently. Vocal version will come in the future.
3. Proving Ground - Another Zero EP outtake. I still don't know if I get this right but you tell me. Once this one is good enough, it'll be ready to go.

Stay tuned for more!

Attachments

• AditTechno - Eastern Journey.mp3
    7.7 MB · Views: 147
  • AditTechno - I'm Still Beside You.mp3
    10.6 MB · Views: 138
  • AditTechno - Proving Ground.mp3
    10.3 MB · Views: 156
Level 16
Still grinding!

So this track was started on August 31, 2018. I never made it to the drop, ever, I didn't have any ideas back then. When I started grinding since the anniversary of Zero EP, my ideas kind of sparked out of nowhere, and I opened this track. I tried figuring out how to make the drop, then I thought about distortion.

Honestly, I've never made EDM before, although I've made drops for a couple of Ambient Electronic songs such as Dark Path, Zero, etc. (mostly just for fillers), I can say that the drop in this song beats Zero by a mile.

I also uploaded the track which inspired me to make the drop, by Nine Inch Nails.

Attachments

• AditTechno - The Lost.mp3
    10.7 MB · Views: 147
  • 13 - The Great Destroyer.mp3
    7.6 MB · Views: 136
Level 16
So Zero Remastered was originally going to be 9 tracks, but I played around FL and made this thing. This is an Electronic song I made yesterday, and finished just now. I might be getting out of Ambient soon. This is the last song completed for Zero Remastered, and I'll be releasing the whole album at Sunday.

Attachments

• AditTechno - The Escape.mp3
    11.1 MB · Views: 142
Level 16
So this is my entry for Music Contest #13. My ideas kind of sparked as it started. This will be an exclusive release to "The Escape" single. I feel like the mix is already good.

BTS:
- That arp at the beginning is something I have never used for a "long time" (only once, this is the second).
- The song is powered by "Gross Beat". The song would've been a joke without it.
- "Soundgoodizer".
- 20% of the time spent are the composition time. 30% are repetitive listening, and the remaining 50%...you know it.
- Transitions from soft to heavy. Every part comes only once, no repetitions. If I do make repetitions, the song would have been 15 minutes long (slow songs = too much ideas. Listen to Zero to know what I mean if you want).

TL;DR - A lot of stuff used.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• AditTechno - To Even The Odds.mp3
    12.8 MB · Views: 116
Level 16

To celebrate Valentine's Day (which is yesterday), Inverse Network exclusively released one of my latest tracks, To Even The Odds (the current version here is quite clean).

Also, I'm thinking that AditTechno's music career should end (and To Even The Odds MAY be the last track), and that I should create another alias with a different yet relative style to AditTechno. This is just a possibility, though.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Also, I'm thinking that AditTechno's music career should end (and To Even The Odds MAY be the last track), and that I should create another alias with a different yet relative style to AditTechno. This is just a possibility, though.
What would be the reason for this? If you still want to make music, I mean?
Do you plan to make your real name public as an artist instead?

Congratulations for the upload.
What's with the weird and random anime pictures though?

Last edited:
Level 16
What would be the reason for this? If you still want to make music, I mean?
Do you plan to make your real name public as an artist instead?

I don't plan to use my "real" name (I mean, Adit is my irl nickname), but I guess this time I want to practice more and set a new image, it's like I'm starting off already experienced, in contrast to AditTechno which I started (and created SoundCloud) as soon as I started getting my hands on Music Production (And I haven't made Techno in years), but this is just a possibility, though. I still want to make music, but just on another alias if it could be.

Congratulations for the upload.
What's with the weird and random anime pictures though?

Basically found the picture on websites which contained anime pictures.

Level 16
Here is a clean version of The Escape, quite satisfied with it and now the drop sounds more groovy and the drums are not messy anymore. Along with The Escape is an instrumental track, with lyrics (and melodies) already completed, just waiting to be sung.

Attachments

• 06 - The Escape.mp3
    11.1 MB · Views: 124
  • AditTechno - Behind The Bars.mp3
    10.7 MB · Views: 131
Level 16
So the "The Escape" single is scrapped, but I simply change its concept this time. The working title for the project is called "Alternate Reality". Alternate Reality is like an another dimension to Zero, it asks "what if Zero had a different ending?", and the answer is right in this EP. Below are new tracks for the EP.

Track listing for Alternate Reality:
1. The Escape (The opener. It basically continues the same flow from Zero);
2. The Return (The short, Electronic transition track. It's less than 2 minutes but it's still enough. You can listen to it below);
3. To Even the Odds (A middle, Ambient Electronic track. The EP version is different than the Inverse version because the EP version segues into the next track);
4. Overpass (An Ambient transition track. It starts from the piano from To Even the Odds, and as it goes on, it segues directly into the next track. You can listen to it below);
5. Reside (An Electronic Rock track that serves as the closing track to the EP. I basically find no other candidate other than this track to be a closing track).

The final EP title is not yet thought of (I guess).

Attachments

• AditTechno - The Return.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 105
  • AditTechno - Overpass.mp3
    9.6 MB · Views: 113
Level 16
Aside from Alternate Reality (which will be my second EP after Zero EP), I also started a new project after gaining enough ideas. This will be my third album, after Zero. The album consists of 7 untitled instrumental songs with the base genre of Industrial (fusion between Electronic and Rock). The album's name will be "XYZ". Song names are planned this way:

1. X (In progress)
2. Y
3. Z
4. XY (Mix & Master checks)
5. XZ (In progress)
6. YZ (Mix & Master checks)
7. XYZ (In progress)

One-lettered tracks will lean more to Electronic while two-lettered tracks will lean more to Rock.

Attachments

• AditTechno - XY.mp3
    10.2 MB · Views: 107
  • AditTechno - YZ.mp3
    13.5 MB · Views: 130
Level 16
This is X, the opener to the upcoming album XYZ. It's a one-lettered track which is more Electronic.

It was a bit hard to make initially, but ideas came and it turned out to be pretty simple. It's instrumental and kind of needs vocals to work, but it's good enough without it.

Attachments

• AditTechno - X.mp3
    11.7 MB · Views: 112
Level 16
Reside EP is released! Here are 3 various links to listen to Reside.

Want to listen through YouTube? (It's a "topic" account but whatever) Here you go Reside

If not YouTube, want to listen through SoundCloud? Here you go Reside

If not SoundCloud and YouTube, want to listen through Spotify? Here you go Reside

Or, do you want to listen through all of the links? Anyway, that's all. I would add a Deezer link soon, if it works.

Track Listing:
1. The Escape
2. The Return
3. To Even the Odds
4. Overpass
5. Reside

Enjoy!

Level 16
Alright, now why am I posting again suddenly?

This is my final new song.

I'm about to release my final album. Well, focusing on college.

Remember the XYZ thing? I never finished it. So, only X, XY, and YZ. I've named them (Let It Hold, Night, and Reach respectively).

This album would be 6 old songs and 6 new songs. 4 songs come from Zero, 2 songs come from Reside, 4 new songs and 2 unreleased songs (I have like 6-7 more but these two are the best ones). Album is titled Ultimate Resolution. Fitting.

Track Listing:
1. Desert Machine (Recurrence)
2. Everything to Say (Recurrence)
3. Let It Hold (Recurrence)
4. As It Flies (Resurgence)
5. Zero (Resurgence)
6. Keep the Pressure (Resurgence)
7. Destiny (Repetition)
8. Night (Repetition)
9. To Even the Odds (Repetition)
10. Reside (Ultimate Resolution)
11. Reach (Ultimate Resolution)
12. The End is Near (Ultimate Resolution)

You might ask, "why does The End is Near sound off-key sometimes?"
Because I record the laptop keyboard and I'm lazy to make serious melodies. Besides, I didn't use FL Studio this time. I used Soundtrap, an online DAW.

Attachments

• The End is Near.mp3
    11 MB · Views: 103