• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AditTechno's Music

Level 16
A track I've made since months ago, but took until a month ago to finalize.
Piano part had help. It used to be worse.
I think it's one of the tracks that have elaborate guitar solos. It wasn't difficult to compose most parts, it just needed more effort to produce a good piano, mix, and master.

Attachments

• Breaking Courage.mp3
    7.1 MB
Level 16
This was the first track I've made after getting out of my break.
The track mainly uses sequences, as an experiment. It was planned to be shorter than this (about only 1:30 minutes, if I remember, when the second sequence came in), but new ideas jumped into my head and I feel like it's worth staying up for that.

Attachments

• Breaking Genesis.mp3
    8.3 MB

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Hey, lovely one!
I don't know if you're still using FL Studio or not but if you are, I wonder, are you using the FL Slayer for the electric guitar sounding like stuff? If yes, maybe you could try using various VST from the program and put distorsion from the Hardcore FX instead. I think you can give it better sounding that way.

Level 16
Hey, lovely one!
I don't know if you're still using FL Studio or not but if you are, I wonder, are you using the FL Slayer for the electric guitar sounding like stuff? If yes, maybe you could try using various VST from the program and put distorsion from the Hardcore FX instead. I think you can give it better sounding that way.
Hello, deepstrasz! Yes, I still use FL Studio!
Actually, the guitars that I have there doesn't use any FL Slayer this time, but I use a Legacy sample from DirectWave for the sidechaining one and Sytrus for the melodic one (this one has been for a long time)! I tell you, it sounds so much better than before (Yeah, DirectWave samples are great! They sound kind of preserved from the real thing)
Your suggestion is what I wanted to try, but Hardcore FX stuff is giving me earrape most of the time xD

Thanks a lot, man!

Level 16
Two new songs with the arrangement complete, yet still in the process of mixing.

Try listening to Consciousness and Slumber simultaneously with Consciousness being the first song.
The tempo and keys are the same because they're continuing each other.

I'm still reintegrating myself with guitar melodies, it's been a long time.

Attachments

• Breaking Consciousness.mp3
    9.2 MB
  • Breaking Slumber.mp3
    9.1 MB

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Specifically like this one probably because I like bells or because I like mixing low FX like sounds and higher pitch ones or because the bells help with the ambience or just cause.
There's a part before 2:30 that sounds a bit empty. You could also double the guitar type FX after 2:30 in a contrasting scale.
Sweet distorsion at the end. You could play more with the modulations after the first time the line plays.

Level 16
Specifically like this one probably because I like bells or because I like mixing low FX like sounds and higher pitch ones or because the bells help with the ambience or just cause.
Yeah, that part was made as an initial idea, I thought it would sound so empty without it. Glad you liked it!
There's a part before 2:30 that sounds a bit empty. You could also double the guitar type FX after 2:30 in a contrasting scale.
Ah, now that I think about it, it does sound a little empty (I haven't tried listening to it on headphones yet). What is a contrasting scale, by the way?
Sweet distorsion at the end. You could play more with the modulations after the first time the line plays.
Yeah, I definitely could try that.

Thanks for the feedback!

Level 16
I plan to release an album early next year and have completed the set of songs I will use (precisely, twelve). However, one of them is so bad I want to replace it. I came up with three WIPs that I can use in their place, but I need only to finish one of them to finally complete the album. Which one do you think I should finish? They each have three different approaches.

Attachments

• Breaking Distraction.mp3
    2.6 MB
  • Breaking Edge.mp3
    4.6 MB
  • UBP.mp3
    5.2 MB

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
You need not just choose one. You can make all three.
The first one I like the most (Breaking Distraction). Breaking Edge is nice but after the stop, the same theme comes in which creates monotony and the piano doesn't really fit there if you ask me. UBP is the least creative one for me, it's kind of plain and heard of it before type, also quite repetitive.
So, I guess, you could at least go with the first and the second if you don't want to finish them all.

Level 16
You need not just choose one. You can make all three.
The first one I like the most (Breaking Distraction). Breaking Edge is nice but after the stop, the same theme comes in which creates monotony and the piano doesn't really fit there if you ask me. UBP is the least creative one for me, it's kind of plain and heard of it before type, also quite repetitive.
So, I guess, you could at least go with the first and the second if you don't want to finish them all.
I'm currently having burnout and that's why I choose to finish only one. I think I'll focus on the first one definitely!
If I have sudden ideas (which is rare) then I'll definitely finish the second one.

Thanks for the reply!

Level 16
Work in progress for the last song for the upcoming album. It will be my only 2023 song because I am taking a break from music production after this.
The song title is Breaking Edge because I simply replaced the old one. So far it has been really complicated to make. I actually made the outro first before I started with what I have right now. Also, it's in 172 BPM.

Attachments

• Breaking Edge WIP.mp3
    5.2 MB
Level 16
Finally it's all done, my newest masterpiece. It took 111 patterns to make, but surprisingly few instruments used. Oh, more than half of those patterns are only drums!

The genre is Rock. There are some electronic elements in it, but it's leaning more to Rock.
Album will be coming soon.

Attachments

• Breaking Edge-1.mp3
    13.6 MB