• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding players 13 through 16 as allies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Will someone help me figure this out. I can set a neutral-player unit, set as an ally, on the map and he won't act like a neutral unit and go run back to his "home" after a few seconds if he is ordered to move across the map, for instance. This is done by modding the constants. Keep in mind i am trying to keep this map ROC. The problem is i need a periodic event of creating and sending these units on an "attack-move" status from point to point without them running back to "home". Even after modding the constants, IF the units are CREATED in the game then the modded constants do not apply to these neutral-player units. WHY? So if there is a unit already on the map upon creation there is no running back to "home", but a created one, even with modded constants, will run back to "home".
Now if i need to create these "attack-move" units in a hidden spot on the map then i can do that - no problem there. However, the problem still remains in using this base unit as a unit to be copied, because "copying" requires "pasting", or "creating", and again, if i "create" a unit, even based off of a copy it does not work.

So what's the solution?

Level 9
If you're asking how to stop the units from returning back to the locations they started in, I think the trigger action AI - Ignore Unit Guard Position should stop them from constantly going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.