• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Add extra tilesets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello there fellow mappers .. I would like to know how to add extra tilesets (over the 13 or whatever it messured in), is it posible to edit some file to do this? Or do I have to download the UE? Also what up & down's are there by adding more tilesets? I know they have to be loaded at game-start, but really a 128x128 image can't take long to load..

So if anyone know anything about anything I wrote, please post a comment.. I need it.

If someone know a way to do this, even without the uWE, that would be perfect, since I really would like to make my map openable with the totaly stadard editor :)

Level 9
Thank you all for your replies :) I simply used WEU as I was told to, added the extra tilesets with the enchanter, closed it, and opened the level in the standard world editor and everything works just fine now. The extra loading time of the level is not noticable. My only question remaning is, why did Blizzard set a maximum number of tilesets in the begining anyway? There must be some greater down-side than the unnoticeable loading time increase.. Anyone know the answer to this question? Please reply :)

As I see it, a standard tile-texture take up under 100kb space on the memory, am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.