• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(12) Acient Gardens 1.8

ACIENT GARDENS
Description:

These beautiful gardens with unknown origin got abadoned thousands years ago. Only lost souls and bandits remain there, with goal to loot goods from this place. Are you able to beat them?

General info:

Players: 12
Suggested setup: 6v6 or 3v3v3v3
Size: 224x224 (224x224)
Tilset: Sunken Ruins + Ashenvale

Neutral buldings:

Gold Mines:
- 12x (17,5k)
- 16x (12,5k)
- 4x (15k)
Goblin Laboratory: 9x
Goblin Merchant: 13x
Mercenary Camp:
- 4x (Village)
Marketplace: 7x
Tavern: 8x

Creep camps:

Green 48x
- 16x (lvl 5)
- 16x (lvl 7)
- 12x (lvl 9)

Orange 56x
- 4x (lvl 12)
- 4x (lvl 13)
- 12x (lvl 14)
- 8x (lvl 15)
- 20x (lvl 16)
- 4x (lvl 17)
- 4x (lvl 18)

Red 29x
- 12x (lvl 25)
- 4x (lvl 29)
- 8x (lvl 30)
- 1x (lvl 46)
- 4x (lvl 23, 24, 25, 26)

Special thanks to: CrazyCat, Etniczni Wspierający, ZiHeLL, mafe

214091-89515c4feb070cf446248ebd2552ce98.png

214095-dd9bb28f837a5bd3bd1038b860f17711.png

214096-2ec73ed6c2c3a0e3b08a6635217d2b9a.png

214216-fc6fb9b24ff9cfa2ee6af022702b6c0f.png

214218-b352ae09d95dc5826233e15a12129211.png

214220-a75cde2e2400fbbaf5b69bf686991a02.png

- map is now 1.31.1 patch
- fixed icons
- removed +5 buffs
- fountain of power changed into fountain of health
- added critters
- removed leafs
- fixed bugs from old Altered Melle version
- debuffed loots from camps
- camps near to gold mines are more powerful from now
- balanced drops from creeps
- added 2 taverns
- creeps rework
- minor polishes
- reduced amount of gold in gold mines
- balanced again drops, based on Sanctuary_LV and Divide and Conquer
- deleted places beetwen trees
- a bit rebalanced red bandit camps
- turned green camps from middle to orange
- piers fix
- middle rework
- changed Mercenary from custom to Cityspace
- game data fixed
- plague cloud icon fix
- fixed gold mines agro range
- trees rework
- added more critters
- chaned weather from none to rain
- removed a lot of path-blocking objects
- added path-blockers to area around piers
- various objects, units and map are more symetrical
- expanded middle
- massive creep camps and loot rebalancment
- corner islands rebalancment
- added trees around middle structures to prevent from using shops without killing creeps
- trees rework
- yet another path blockers fix
- reduced amount of gold in mines
- added a few of lighting props
- reworked corners of the map
- reworked taverns
- fixed trees health
- reduced player bases surface
- player heroes shouldn't be able to attack creep gold mines from the back
- lvl 8 artifacts -> lvl 7 artifacts
Contents

Acient Gardens (1.8) (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Sorry about the delay. Well, if you want the map to be melee, why don't you simply remove all the changes from the game data? Especially for units, spells etc. You shouldn't need it for a melee map anyway. As far as I can tell, almost nothing of the...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Well...... in this case this currently not really a melee map by hive standards. It's more of a altered melee, even though only slightly altered.

It's up to you to decide what you prefer. If you want to make this a "real" (ladder-like) melee map, then you at least have to set the game data to "melee (latest patch)" so that the map uses the current patch and not 1.07 balance. I'd recommend to also remove most of the other stuff that isn't necessary for melee.

I also have some gameplay/balance question, in case you want this to be a melee map.

Edit to avoid doublepost: So yes, at least set it to "melee (latest patch)" and then we'll see if/how it works as a melee map. Until then, set to Awaiting Update.

Last edited:
Level 4
Well...... in this case this currently not really a melee map by hive standards. It's more of a altered melee, even though only slightly altered.

It's up to you to decide what you prefer. If you want to make this a "real" (ladder-like) melee map, then you at least have to set the game data to "melee (latest patch)" so that the map uses the current patch and not 1.07 balance. I'd recommend to also remove most of the other stuff that isn't necessary for melee.

I also have some gameplay/balance question, in case you want this to be a melee map.

Edit to avoid doublepost: So yes, at least set it to "melee (latest patch)" and then we'll see if/how it works as a melee map. Until then, set to Awaiting Update.

Now is latest patch.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Ok, it is latest patch now, but the various changes still persist: +5 powerups, change to hero portraits (which are bugged for me now), fountain of power....

So the map is still an altered melee by hiveworkshop standards, and not a melee (as this category is intended for ladder-like maps with unmodified original melee gameplay).
Therefore I'm replacing the "melee" tag with "altered melee", so that the map will come to the attention of the proper audience.

Level 4
Ok, it is latest patch now, but the various changes still persist: +5 powerups, change to hero portraits (which are bugged for me now), fountain of power....

So the map is still an altered melee by hiveworkshop standards, and not a melee (as this category is intended for ladder-like maps with unmodified original melee gameplay).
Therefore I'm replacing the "melee" tag with "altered melee", so that the map will come to the attention of the proper audience.

I removed +5, fountain of power, potraits are normal, now can it be melee?

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Sorry about the delay.
Well, if you want the map to be melee, why don't you simply remove all the changes from the game data? Especially for units, spells etc. You shouldn't need it for a melee map anyway.
As far as I can tell, almost nothing of the still existing changes affect gameplay, except for (possibly) some changes to the gameplay constants which I dont quite understand.

Looking at this a regular melee map, I'm now quite happy with it, especially since it is a large map which good terrain and layout.
Right now, I can only find one issue, but it is a big one:
The itemdrops are completely overpowered. Compare the strength of creep camps and items with some ladder maps, and you will see that on this map, the creeps drop much, much stronger items than they normally would. For example a lvl 14 camp (sum of all creeps in the camp) normally drop a lvl 3 item + lvl 1 powerup. Here at the merc camps, you get a lvl 4, a lvl 3 and a lvl 2 item. Such itemdrops can turn the game into a lottery.

So overall, please consider if you do not want to get rid of all the unnecessary changes to units etc. But at least make the itemdrops appropriate for a melee map, then I will most likely approve it. Until then, map set back to Awaiting update.

Level 4
Will debuff, you are right.
Sorry about the delay.
Well, if you want the map to be melee, why don't you simply remove all the changes from the game data? Especially for units, spells etc. You shouldn't need it for a melee map anyway.
As far as I can tell, almost nothing of the still existing changes affect gameplay, except for (possibly) some changes to the gameplay constants which I dont quite understand.

Looking at this a regular melee map, I'm now quite happy with it, especially since it is a large map which good terrain and layout.
The itemdrops are completely overpowered. Compare the strength of creep camps and items with some ladder maps, and you will see that on this map, the creeps drop much, much stronger items than they normally would. For example a lvl 14 camp (sum of all creeps in the camp) normally drop a lvl 3 item + lvl 1 powerup. Here at the merc camps, you get a lvl 4, a lvl 3 and a lvl 2 item. Such itemdrops can turn the game into a lottery.

So overall, please consider if you do not want to get rid of all the unnecessary changes to units etc. But at least make the itemdrops appropriate for a melee map, then I will most likely approve it. Until then, map set back to Awaiting update.

Level 4
Sorry about the delay.

finnaly updated after month, what u think?

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
1. Many (but not all) Itemdrops are still bad. Please look at the "formula" which I just posted over here: (6)Tropicold v1.1
2. There are still countless changes to game data, which I do not know if they are used ingame are not. Again, units, items, neutral buildings should not be changed for melee maps.
3. Creeps guarding gold mines should not be "blue".
4. There are hundreds of small gaps between trees and other doodads, where units can pass through. Normally, on melee maps the area where units can or cannot walk is clearly recognizable.

I appreciate that you have made further improvements of the map. I dont have the previous versions anymore, but I think it looks even better now, and also some itemdrops are beter now.
Neverthelless, 1. and 3. must be fixed. 2. is optional if you assure me that none of the none of the changes have an effect on gameplay. 4. Also is optional. There back to "awaiting update".

Edit: Also I believe the spelling should be "ancient" and "melee"?

Level 4
1. Many (but not all) Itemdrops are still bad. Please look at the "formula" which I just posted over here: (6)Tropicold v1.1
2. There are still countless changes to game data, which I do not know if they are used ingame are not. Again, units, items, neutral buildings should not be changed for melee maps.
4. There are hundreds of small gaps between trees and other doodads, where units can pass through. Normally, on melee maps the area where units can or cannot walk is clearly recognizable.

I appreciate that you have made further improvements of the map. I dont have the previous versions anymore, but I think it looks even better now, and also some itemdrops are beter now.
Neverthelless, 1. and 3. must be fixed. 2. is optional if you assure me that none of the none of the changes have an effect on gameplay. 4. Also is optional. There back to "awaiting update".

Ok thx then

Level 4

I dew what u suggest, what u think? I made creeps drops from Blizz maps.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
So....
1. The itemdrops are generally much better now. Some of the itemdroprs now can even be considered slightly too weak, but better too weak items than too strong items.
2. Only a few changes remain, ok, I accept them as they dont seem to make a difference.
3. is fixed, good.
4. whatever.

After all, map Approved.

Level 4
So....
1. The itemdrops are generally much better now. Some of the itemdroprs now can even be considered slightly too weak, but better too weak items than too strong items.
2. Only a few changes remain, ok, I accept them as they dont seem to make a difference.
3. is fixed, good.
4. whatever.

After all, map Approved.
Man big ty, u helped mee a lot.