• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About the Contests

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Some brainstorming for next contest (I'm just going to write the
first 5 ideas that come to mind, good or bad doesn't matter):

- Something that makes good use of floating text
- A spell that helps an army move better (like flies an army,
or makes them able to walk on water)
- A spell that stores a unit into an item or something (like Soul
Gem).
- A spell that requires the user to do more than click the button
and watch it perform (like repeated key pressing, or making it
so the caster has to be moving in a certain pattern or something)
- A spell that uses weather effects

I was thinking of an RPG combat system. The contestants will be given a test map where a certain camera system will be implemented and they will have to create a combat system, either magical or plain physical.
An example would be use of Q+W combination to create an alternative attack, while W+Q+Q will result a skill with physical damage.
Another example would be the classic rage resource; if the rage is hitting its maximum extent, the attacks and/or spells deal greater damage.
(These are just examples)

P.S. I think we've had enough of spells, it's a system contest as well :]

Level 3
Party: Something involving confetti, fireworks, hooters, ale, and other related party stuff.

Chaos: Either the same concept as with the Burning Legion's or Energy in a pure raw form...
(actually, idk. just blurted this out but still vague in my head)

Space: Utilizing the manipulation of cosmic bodies for the spell. For a specific of this, I guess I choose Astral Manipulation, a.k.a. Stars.

Critter: Involves the use of the critters (bunny, albatross, dog, crab, etc.) in the spells.

With regards to a passive effect...how about Charged or Leash-Based(?) ones?