• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Spell Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am making a map. In the map, I created a modified Spell Book which holds modified Carrion Beetle spells. Each spell is supposed to summon a different unit type. However, whichever spell I cast, a Worker unit type is summoned. What is going wrong?

I tried to fix the problem by changing the Order String (I have still no idea of its actual use) for one of the spells (which is supposed to summon a Light Soldier unit) to Bloodlust, Bloodluston and Bloodlustoff where it used to say Carionscarabs, Carrionscarabson and Carrionscarabsoff respectively, to see if the result was a working spell among broken ones. However, the spell remained unusable and when cast, another Worker unit was summoned.

I believe the issue is that they all are made form the same spell originally, and thus when one is cast, it defaults to a different one.

How do I make it so I can use the correct spell and summon different unit types?

PS. When the summon Worker unit spell is used, a Worker unit is summoned. The same goes for all six summoning spells, but this might have importance.

Level 3
Use different Basic-Spells like
Water Elemental, Firespawn, Treants(Force of nature), Carrion Beetles ...
Dont use the same Basic-Spell for all of your "new Spells".
The problem is that you used "Carrion Beelte" for all units. If you want units to be permanent you only have to change the Duration to "0" or the ... well i dont know in english... "Spellforcer"(Zauberverstärker if you are German =)) to Carrion Beetle...

If that does not work then reply here =)

Level 14
Another possibilty wich is quite comfortable in my mind is to use the spell "Channel". But u have to trigger this one, so u might want to use the way above ;)
Just make as many Channel-Spells as u need, and give all of them a different Basic Order String! This is very important, as Nec-Chrissi already said. (Change the durations of the spells to 0 and set every other attributes, so it is kind of a dummy spell =))

Second Step: make as many as Summon spells as u need, they can have the same basic spell, it doesnt matter!

Your Trigger would be quite simple. U just compare (Event => A unit casts an ability), wich one of your channel spells has been activated. Now u remove all of your Summon Spells from the unit (just by purpuse so u dont have to compare again ^^).
After that u add the new Summon Ability to the Unit and let the unit cast it!

If u dont want the user to see whats going on, check the usefull "Hidden-Spell-Book"-Guides on this site or others, or just PN me ;)

Greets Emm-A-

Level 3
The thing is, I don't want to script it, and all the units I need to summon are supposed to spawn form corpses, so I can't use the different summons (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.