• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A serious Legacy Of Kain map NEEd skins and models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey I just made this site for my project. Check it out!

http://www.nosgothwarcraft3.webs.com/

Hi everybody, I have been working for on and off for a few month trying to make a serious Legacy Of Kain adaptation on warcraft3.

Basically I am looking for of artists capable of making skins for existing WC3 models and maybe a few modelers to make new models more suitable for the LOK series on warcraft.

I wan't to keep it small enough to play in multiplayer (wich means a compressed map below 4 megs)

I have done already most of the terraining. But I am slow on the process. It will include all major locations of the 5 games from Blood Omen to Defiance. I will include pics of ingame screenshots to show you.

Now I did collect most usefulls skins in models on sites like the www.hiveworkshop.com and other knowed ones like www.wc3c.net and www.thehelper.net etc. (credits for the makers of the models ands the skins will be included of course.)

But a few models are in need of a good reskin. And I would need some custom models to.

So if you like the LOK-Soul Reaver games or simply if you wan't to help or show your skills. Then feel free to contact me.

Note: *I have gotten better from my first map of course so this one should be fun. (I will also ask for advice when comes the time to decide on gameplay.)

But for the moment here are my most urgent needs: skins and models.

I already got the infamous Tenebis Raziel and Kain models. It was taken of wc3custom models site because it was based on WOW models (it is a policy not to), but not copied as so much work went into them. Anyways althought I love the Raziel Wraith model I am not fully satisfied with it has the head is to small and he is not bulky enought like the ones in the original games.

So getting to my needs!!!

What can you guys or girls help me with:

1- We all need a soul reaver Wraith blade model. One like in Defiance would be great but like in the other soul reavers would be good to. Preferably the wraith blade could change color (like team colors) but using triggers so we can have Raziel's wraith blade imbued by different forges.

2- I would like a good skin for this model but made to look like Lieutenant Raziel before he becomes a wraith, but without the wings. The wings could come as an attachement. I think this model by Dionesiist could become a great Lieutenant Raziel if made with some originality by a creative skinner. (reaver in model section)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/reaver-108918/?prev=search=reaver&d=list&r=20

To show you how it's possible look at this little picture of artwork of Raziel Lieutenant I added in attatchments.

3- A reskin of Medivh to make him into Mobeius. (I have one but I think it can improve)

4- Somebody can do a skin for Archemond to make him into Vorador (I already edited the model a bit.)

5- Can someone reskin Arthas to look like Kain HUMAN before he his transformed into vampire. Like in those pictures. Or to look like the Human Kain in Blood Omen game. Actually he should have brownish black hair but with that armour.
http://www.thelostworlds.net/BO1/Murdering_Kain_FMV.html

6- Also the pillar platform and even the pillars would need a reskins or maybe a small size simple model. A better Janos Audron aerie dome could be handy etc. etc.

Look at my pics to get an idea of where I am so far.

Of course I will not only be gratefull, you will participate of giving to the community a fan game. And your work will be appreciated.

Of course anybody can offer new models for Kain and Raziel (not based on WOW if possible LOL) but Tenebis ones are hard to level up to. Especially he has made very good animations for those models.

If you want to give a hand to this project, I would like you to mail me or message me before so we can discuss the needs suited for this conversion.

my mail: [email protected]

NOTE: These are the basic needs for now for this map/project (And remember we are limited by file size), but as time comes and if all goes, well I am open to more reskin and models. I am also open to ideas.

The moment being feel free to surf those sites for some ideas and inspiration:

http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/lok/map.php
http://www.nosgoth.net/home.htm
http://www.thelostworlds.net/index.html

People interested in the Legacy Of Kain fangames can also visit this link:

http://www.lokfangames.webs.com/

Thank you!
[email protected]

Attachments

• ClanSantuary.jpg
    ClanSantuary.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 6,155
  • TheAbyss.jpg
    TheAbyss.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 7,145
  • Underworld.jpg
    Underworld.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 946
  • PillarsOfNosgth.jpg
    PillarsOfNosgth.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 4,379
  • JanosAudroon.jpg
    JanosAudroon.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 2,102
  • AvernusCathedral.jpg
    AvernusCathedral.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 810
  • Chronoplast.jpg
    Chronoplast.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 922
  • NupraptorRetreat.jpg
    NupraptorRetreat.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 1,361
  • MalekBastion.jpg
    MalekBastion.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 1,581
  • VoradorMansion.jpg
    VoradorMansion.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 756
  • Coorhagen.jpg
    Coorhagen.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 961
  • ProvincialMines.jpg
    ProvincialMines.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 730
  • LostCity.jpg
    LostCity.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 688
  • RazielLieutenant.jpg
    RazielLieutenant.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,422
  • Dumah.jpg
    Dumah.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 5,179
  • Vorador1.jpg
    Vorador1.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 3,326
  • MobeiusOracleCave.jpg
    MobeiusOracleCave.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 741
  • materialReaver.jpg
    materialReaver.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 1,070
  • fireReaver.jpg
    fireReaver.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 508
  • lightReaver.jpg
    lightReaver.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 504
  • DarkReaver.jpg
    DarkReaver.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 617
  • airReaver.jpg
    airReaver.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 602
  • spectralReaver.jpg
    spectralReaver.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 602
Last edited:
Level 11
CLAP!!! CLAP!! CLAP!! CLAP!!!

when can we download this map??

:cute:

Can I join in the project, we can make not one map, but one game using warcraft, we can use my ideas and the gameplay of my Legacy of Kain Defiance, my Legacy of Kain defiance not have god cinematics because that is only one test version but I know make some very god cinematcs.

to make cinematc I see on the youtube

I have this Soul Reaver:

Attachments

• SoulReaver.rar
    122.3 KB · Views: 248
Level 7
Raziel_Br I see you are a LOK fan like me.

For the map a pre-beta might be rerady in about a month. But it won't be the fianl map as to gameplay.

For a beta version we will have to wait about three months.

I wan't to make multiplayer, but also when the multiplayer is ready I wan't to make a singleplayer rpg. So we can had alot of stuff like music and more unique models etc.

When it comes to the singleplayer RPG then maybe you can join the project and make maps of different locations. So the game ewould use a load map concept. For exemple. I made a location for the vampire citadel, but it is only a Doodad, you can not go inside. With a load map priciple one player can go in then a map of the interior of the vampire citadel would load. Vice versa when going outside again. Those maps can be small so easy to work on, but it would make a vast game.

Looking at your map you are making now I see you have to work alot on terraining. I did 4 maps and it is only now that I am becoming good. BUt I made alot of mistakes because I did not read tutorials.

So I suggest to you that you work on your own project for now making your Defiance map your own, improving terraining... fixing locations and camera angles etc. So we can all have another good map top play.

I strongly suggest you go to this site and start reading all kinds of tutorials and start experimenting on terrainning. I is the forum of the World Editor Turorials website.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

There are tutorials on everything on this site even about placing doodads different angles etc.

About the soulreaver I already have this one LOL

I wan't somebody to make the Wraith blade version of the soulreaver that goes on Raziel... and it would be even nicer if we can change colors of it usings trigers so let's say you imbue the wraith soulreaver with a forge we can change the colors of it (ex. fire forge, dark forge, light forge, air forge).

If you have questions for your LOK:Defiance mapping if you not certain on how to do something. Maybe I can give you a hand if you write to me, well at least sometimes if it is not to complicated. Just message me on this site.

OK see ya and take care!

Level 7
OK nice of you!

A wraith soulreaver will be awsome.

But still I hope some people will reply to my post-request to do some of the skins I asked for.

For my map I should finish the terain within 2 weeks then I will install some kind of gameplay. It is not triggered enough yet.

Keep the good work. :eek:)

Level 7
To answer your question, actually the game once completed is pretty lineare. Then also some games are out of date graphic wise like the first Blood Omen.

And also I think you can experience the multiplayer with WC3 wich you cannot with Legacy of Kain: SoulRever series.

Then I think it is a way to relieve the ambiance, game mood and enjoy characters you like in a different way.

I have even seen a 2D Soul Reaver fan game done! Imagine.

So Dionesiist... probably unlike you I really like your work and will be using your defective vampirecount skin in my map. Did you fix it yet? You still see part of Arthas spellbook ingame. But I digg that skin. I did not figure out how to properly alpha channel by myself, all tutorials are vague when it comes to photoshop (versions tools and all). So if you did it yourself due to the fact that it is your skin I would appreciate.

Yeah probably some camera's angles are to improve. But some were just for the snapshots. But also you have to take in consideration that some camera views are simply there to improve gameplay not to do a nice scenary.

Last edited:
Level 7
Hihihi! Thanks alot man (Dionesiist). Very nice of you.

I just looked at it in warc3viewer and it seems all animation show up good. But I still see two dark dots in the base position.

I will try it ingame, to see if they show up. But from the animations I don't thinks they will. I will let you know.

Level 7
I was explaining about Dionesiist skin that I will be using. Using some slang expressions. I understand myself.

And sorry about my eengliisshhh... My mother tongue is french.

But stick with me for a while speaking english(not writing it) and you forget about it. I have no accents.

Well the net makes the world come together.

Ciao! (this is italian actuelly!!!)

Level 7
Hi RazielBr!

I have this nice model Tenebis made of Blood Omen Kain. I must be one of the only person that has it now since it was deleted.

Tenebis gave us 3 good models. Without him our project would be almost impossible. Just to bad it was based of WOW models. Although he did alot of work of is own on them.

This model of blood omen kain is good but it does not have a portrait.

I also think Raziel model by Tenebis could have been a little better. The wings are a bit to short and are not animated.

Also is head is and legs if you look at pictures are too skinny, same for feet to small.

I tried doing a wraith blade but my energy emitter appears wrong angle ingame (use the soulreaver skin, the same of the one you already have in your possession).

Maybe your modeler friend can tell me how to fix that.

Also I know I ask alot but it is good ideas. If your friend can do a portrait fr blood omen kain. And the skin face is ugly because it has no eyes etc. I think tenebis did not finish it.

I wish I could find Tenebis email and ask him what happened with is own map and maybe to give us a hand.

OK I attach those models for you + pictures.

:eek:)

Nice talking with you

Attachments

• Kain_Blood_Omen_III.zip
    568.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 594
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,440
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 359
  • WraithBlade.mdx
    16.8 KB · Views: 135
  • SoulReaverSkin.blp
    31.4 KB · Views: 165
Level 11
^^

thanks, ^to create one simple pottrait you do this:

Open Warcraft Model Editor - get one vision of you like from your model - and create one camera using current vision, my model editor are not working because this I can't say this better

=\

THIS IS THE RAZIEL's GHOST REAVER?

°.°

Level 11
humm

I will attach the kain with pottrait and one soul the soul reaver

I do the camera, don't smile(if you understand my bad english xD)

I do this lights on soul raver, on your map make the reaver be blue to seen the raziel's reaver ^^

Attachments

• Kain_Blood_Omen_III.rar
    508.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Reaver.rar
    32.1 KB · Views: 87
Level 7
For some reason the emitter is now in good position in model editor, BUT in game it is still wrong orientation (perpendicular to the blade). But now we see the trail when the blade moves but wrong way.

I am like you and I don't know much about model editing or making. So the only thing I can see is that the soul reaver model is missing some kind of bone or attachment ????

Thanks for the help.

Talk to you later.

Status
Not open for further replies.