• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A screenshot collection of my Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well i took this screen some weeks ago because i though hey that looks cool, then i put it into Photoshop to make a Wallpaper out of it. Then i though my old one is better. And now it begin to rot on my webspace... so i think showing it the public isnt a bad idea.
If you guys wonder where is that from, well i tell you:
Some months ago i started a barrens like Aos, but then the day came as the WEU destroyed it. I opened the Map and everything was gone, doodads and Units. Only the Terrain was still there.
Ofcourse i tryed the other Version but the same things happend there also.
I made a testmap and opened it, but still the same error.

Ofcourse i tryed to open it with the Normal Editor, but it was to late. All my Maps was broken due the WEU. All my work was gone... and so i started this map again. But this time i was sick of Barrens.

End~

Edit: Ok new pics are out, theyre all work in progress, also the bases will take a while~
The overview is abit outdated but i think thats not a serious problem^^

Edit2: Ok new screens, this time Ingame Shots. Iam not good taking ingame screenshots but i think they still look decent.

Attachments

• Bild.jpg
    Bild.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 317
  • Pic%201.jpg
    Pic%201.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 363
  • Pic%202.jpg
    Pic%202.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 346
  • Pic%203.jpg
    Pic%203.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 268
  • Pic%204.jpg
    Pic%204.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 245
  • Pic%205.jpg
    Pic%205.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 202
  • Pic%206.jpg
    Pic%206.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 233
  • Pic%207.jpg
    Pic%207.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 195
  • Pic%208.jpg
    Pic%208.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 207
  • Pic%209.jpg
    Pic%209.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Pic%2010.jpg
    Pic%2010.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 194
  • %dcbersicht.jpg
    %dcbersicht.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 261
  • IngameScreen01.jpg
    IngameScreen01.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 188
  • IngameScreen02.jpg
    IngameScreen02.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IngameScreen03.jpg
    IngameScreen03.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IngameScreen04.jpg
    IngameScreen04.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 168
  • IngameScreen05.jpg
    IngameScreen05.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 169
  • IngameScreen06.jpg
    IngameScreen06.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IngameScreen07.jpg
    IngameScreen07.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IngameScreen08.jpg
    IngameScreen08.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IngameScreen09.jpg
    IngameScreen09.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 127
  • IngameScreen10.jpg
    IngameScreen10.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IngameScreen11.jpg
    IngameScreen11.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IngameScreen12.jpg
    IngameScreen12.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IngameScreen13.jpg
    IngameScreen13.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IngameScreen14.jpg
    IngameScreen14.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IngameScreen15.jpg
    IngameScreen15.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 157
  • IngameScreen16.jpg
    IngameScreen16.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IngameScreen17.jpg
    IngameScreen17.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IngameScreen18.jpg
    IngameScreen18.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IngameScreen19.jpg
    IngameScreen19.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IngameScreen20.jpg
    IngameScreen20.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IngameScreen21.jpg
    IngameScreen21.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 161
  • IngameScreen22.jpg
    IngameScreen22.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 160
  • IngameScreen23.jpg
    IngameScreen23.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IngameScreen24.jpg
    IngameScreen24.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Level 2
Dude I just <3 the moon light :thumbs_up: .... But i think there could be a little more bushes or flowers on the ground :wink: 4/5

Level 1
Just a Question from the New Guy

I've been wanting to add custom screenshots to my games, but haven't messed around with importing them.

I can't seem to get it right, what tool would i need to make and import my own pictures to my games?

Thank You,

GunTotingFlea

Level 6
Thanks guys, but uh... that isnt moonlight :p

Thats the Sun and Rays made by the Sky. When you zoom around and get the right angle you get also this effect. So its nothing special, i was just lucky having it in this position^^

Also about more doodads, that is a playable map and before i spam the terrain with flowers (which i realy dont like) and shrubs i finish the other things.
Then i will think about adding more shrubs or whatever :p
Also it looks good ingame.

Edit: Ok just a moment iam adding new pics now! Dont run away!
Edit2: Ok Pics are up have fun with them.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to add custom screenshots to my games, but haven't messed around with importing them.

I can't seem to get it right, what tool would i need to make and import my own pictures to my games?

Thank You, GunTotingFlea

Don't ask on someone else's thread.

Level 6
Well its in playable alpha state, terrain is almost done. Some heros are also finished. No items but some other systems.
If i would work everyday some hours on it... hmm probably 1 week until its playable.
But eh... i dont think i can do it.

I hope my Testmate comes soon back, caus i cant test without another aos freak like me. It make things so much easier^^

Level 6
Hmm ingamescreens sure, i can make some.
But dont question the hero names abilitys or icons and anything else related to it :p

Edit: Ok new screens are NOW aviable, the one with the tooltip, its not the description of this spell ;)
Iam just lazy and do tooltips when i think the spell works fine and everything.

Last edited:
Level 6
Well, i got those from the wc3c download section, its the Wall Pack. I made them smaller and stacked them. Its relativ easy to do it. But theyre an pain in the ass after you placed them. Caus you almost cant select them.
And the Orc Walls, dont know... i forgot it.
I found them browsing trough different Model Sections, maybe it was also on thehive.

Level 6
Bump...

No intrest in this anymore? No critique or comments? I would like to hear some more comments from you.

Level 1
As we all know this string was about a pic someone made that could be added to a game, now if i am not wrong this is a perfect place for me to make an inquiry. So your opinion is noted, but the request for information on what programs i would need to make and import custom picks remains... if you don't have any information that would help than your comment falls mute. Have a wonderful day, ty [email protected]

As we all know this string was about a pic someone made that could be added to a game, now if i am not wrong this is a perfect place for me to make an inquiry. So your opinion is noted, but the request for information on what programs i would need to make and import custom picks remains... if you don't have any information that would help than your comment falls mute. Have a wonderful day, ty [email protected]

1) It's called a thread, not a string.
2) No, this is not the place for an enquiry.
3) You don't need to act all polite and everything, we're probably as old as you are.
4) Just press [Print Screen]...?
5) W00t! Free email address! LETS SPAM HIM!

Level 25
A) Post your own threads in the right areas!
B) Stop bumping this thread. Add new screenshots and then you can bump...
C) Why is this thread called "a single pic..." but there's atleast 10 screenshots in first post? You do know you can change the title of your threads right?
D) Don't ask for help about anything that doesn't involve terrain. Minimaps are not really terrain related so don't use it as an excuse for replacing a minimap with a custom pic of a hentai either...

~Craka_J

Level 6
B) Ok next time i just let my thread vanish.

C) No i didnt know that, because iam not used to these options. And its called like that because i started with just 1 screenshot and then i though i could add more.

Level 25
Well it's nothing too bad or against the rules as far as I know to name it "single pic" and update it with more newer pictures. I suppose it's acceptable. In fact, it's very often that people do this anyway.
Atleast your terrain is good and you're not much of a noob ;)
~Craka_J

Level 6
Well thankyou then sir, i updated the title now thanks for the tip~
So but nothing to criticise?
Iam sure this terrain could be better but i dont know how to make it better, because i cant think of much.

Level 6
Well iam currently testing the terrain ingame and adding new things or removing others. So i guess it will take a little while.
But i will update this in some time, but i think these screens will be alright.

Level 25
As long as you're still working on the map, I'll be looking forward to this.
[Slightly Off-Topic]
Make sure you add good flexibility with the user being able to adjust his/her own camera around their hero sorta how WoW's camera is. Helps make your terrain feel more impressive and more appreciated by other users in-game.
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.