• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A little nooby question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
How do i bind game camera to a unit so it follows him and always faces the same directiobn as unit? (generally same type of view like in WoW or any other mmorpg)

Level 3
u need to set something like camera Z, distance between object, camera angle, just look 4 your self at trigger that relate on camera.

Level 2
If im right you want it to stay locked on the unit, and the camera to turn when the unit does? If so, heres the GUI

• Camera
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to Peasant 0000 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of Peasant 0000 <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
The second action makes it so it sets the cameras rotation to whatever way the unit is facing.

Level 15
but camer will still hand above the unit. i need hte camera to follow the unit, literally. the camera must always face the unit's back. i mean, the unit's back must always be in the center of the screen =)

Level 15
it locks the camera in Diablo manner. i need WoW manner, if thats more clear

EDIT: think i can try and copy the code from blizz's own race map... camera is locked on the car in the manner i need as i remember

Level 3
did you found it? here the trigger
  • Camera - Set Camera Field(Timed)
there you can set what i told you before.

Status
Not open for further replies.