• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

^_^ just a pic i made (no wormskulls)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
A pic i made ^_^
Girlwithsword.jpg

a better pic i made
moontraveler1.png

YAY my freehand one improved!
Nevergladiaa1.jpg

Level 12
I believe you know more improvement could be necessary. Her skin needs more darkening, and her limbs could use a bit more detail. Otherwise, practice you're style of drawing anime, and you may get some comments in the mean while.

Level 4
Lady_Shadow said:
A pic i made ^_^
Girlwithsword.jpg
Ok I guess my comments will help but it's hard to SHOW you through words. First when you draw anime, use circles, or long oval shapes for bodies, just practice using long long ovals for limbs and a circle to connet parts, practice alot first then it'll come naturally. The second part is the hair and the face, the eyes can be big as a chibi mode or something but I think you drew this is MS paint? cause the lines are abit...shaky, i don't know, it's just hard to tell you maybe i'll like make alittle tutorial for the basics, i'm not pro myself ^_^;

Level 22
Ive tried manga art before...if you want to see any of my works, check out the "Command & Conquer fan art" topic in this forum.

Here are my suggestions: Do you have a scanner? Draw out your image freehand first...its SO much easier to draw with a pencil then it is with a mouse. When complete, define the edges and features with dark lines so the scanner can pick them up easily. After scanned, save a monochrome bitmap to elimitate all shading (don't shade your image, leave it with just the lines after you draw it). Then save it as a colored bitnmap. From that point on, you can use painbucket to fill in all the areas you need, then use painbrush or any other effects if you are using photoshop to do the shading or other definitions. The black lines will probably be pretty rouph from the scan so you may want to zoom in real close and smooth them out.

I hope this help at least a little. Good luck!
-VGsatomi

Level 13
oh wow, just keep making thems, most likely on a sheet if you wish to enhance anything. her hand is n ot touching the sword, literally, and i dont know what program you used, i see gradiants, yet the way you used the pen looks like MSPaint. id suggest improving the faces, yours have no visible mouth

Level 8
it reminds me of that cartoon used in a music video, i cant remember what it was called, think it was for a radiohead song were the cartoon boy climbed up a lampost and this fat guy tried to cut it down, something weird like that.

its great to see were all artist start at, hell, comparing this art to your art in the future will be a sight for sore eyes. i looked at my first art i did years ago and i relised that i have come along way.
keep going with your art and practice and u will achieve your goals. i'm the anti wormskull.

Level 12
New Pic: Much better than the older one. Only thing is that it needs more shading and details on her. The background is somewhat okay, but it's a whole lot better if you add more detail and scenery to it.

Level 13
i always do free hand hand drawn pics. i just have a picture in my head, and it comes out about one million times worse on paper.

Level 12
Third Pic: It's freehand that's for sure. She needs a bit more shading and texturing on her. I'm guessing you would color it with PhotoShop or some pic edit program.

Level 13
s**t. they locked the scanner door today. ill have to try next week, or my english teacher will get suspicious.

Level 13
i got my pic scanned, but that was about a month ago. its in the art section i hope.

i also finished an Alien drawing, and am working on the one i submitted right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.