• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.27b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
BUT WHAT IS IT??? :
No clue what you posted. It appears to not be in English and mentions a bunch of asset file extensions.

You claim to be able to modify WC3 in a way to add such support without having done any programming. I wanted to see if these were more than words. I choose dds because implementing it should be very easy as Microsoft basically does everything for you (you can load the format straight into d3d textures using Windows apis).

Level 9
LOL YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AND TEST IT.
For non-russian : [RenderEdge] Experimental version
having no sourcecode

Without sourcecode impossible direct write features to game.dll binary. (You are a programmer exactly ?? !! :D:D:D)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If blizzard give source code, then don't need use loaders, just write code to sources and compile.... :D

Stupid blizzard coders simply scoff at game.
They nothing what really needed not added to game.

Last edited:
Level 19
thats RenderEdge, fun-made project like SharpCraft but for graphic. extends wc3 possibilities, allows hi-res models, texures, support of modern model files, etc etc.
there's plenty guys who can write things better than classic team does so far. question is either their programmer are unprofessional or their managers.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Without sourcecode impossible direct write features to game.dll binary. (You are a programmer exactly ?? !! :D:D:D)
In theory it is possible. It involves disassembling and reassembling the library files. As long as the application that loads the library gets what it expects from the library it will work fine. This is how hacks/mods of games are usually done. Injectors trigger security warnings and are often subject to anti-virus removal.

there's plenty guys who can write things better than classic team does so far. question is either their programmer are unprofessional or their managers.
It is the classic team, not the Warcraft III team. They also have other games to maintain such as Diablo II. We also have no evidence how much effort the people have spent working on the code outside of some black box testing style cases. However to name a few...
  • Major revision to BLP loader code.
  • Major improvement to MAC stability.
  • Added Blizzard error reporting tool. Hopefully more crashes will be solved in the future as a result.
  • Changed icon positioning, probably for robustness.
  • Changed project paths, internal maintenance.
  • Major revision to sound system.
We do not know how many other changes were made that were invisible maintenance. We also do not know how many other changes are in the works but did not make the patch.

Level 19
lemme translate that for "noobs"
> reimport fresh BLP tools library;
> get newest compilator with "MAC support" option enabled + fix a single known issues regarding it (BLP autofixed with updated library)
> no idea where it came from, probably just another spy;
> wow ICON POSITIONING change, goddamn been waiting for that whole my fuc.. WHAT IS IT EVEN DOING HERE?
> project paths changes - sounds like big deal, definitely
> oh sounds revision. you mean 320kb re-sound? oh, just added support for a few modern codecs

And surely we have no idea what been changed background as well. CAUSE THEY DIDNT GIVE THAT INFO IN THE FIRST PLACE.

and if that's so hard for them to maintain few classico games at once (which is pure bullshit, who ever want to spread his mind between few independent projects? no programmer would do that, it's pure brainfuck with less than little outcome), they shouldn't start it. Oh wait, it used to be part of movie marketing. Well then

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
> reimport fresh BLP tools library;
The BLP component was heavily modified for both Windows and Mac. There are noticeable behavioural changes on Windows, as I documented earlier. It was not imported from World of Warcraft as that uses BLP2 not BLP1. Hence the legacy team wrote these changes.

and if that's so hard for them to maintain few classico games at once (which is pure bullshit, who ever want to spread his mind between few independent projects? no programmer would do that, it's pure brainfuck with less than little outcome), they shouldn't start it. Oh wait, it used to be part of movie marketing. Well then
We all know that Warcraft III is near impossible to maintain. That is why it took Bashiok and the previous legacy game team several months to fix the type cast exploit, which they did not manage to do completely, and add hashtables, which had some pretty glaring bugs. As people starting out it could easily take then months to get their head around the code.

They also made some editor changes. This includes some GUI fixes (apparently) and the script tester.

Level 19
We all know that Warcraft III is near impossible to maintain.
yeah, totally. noone ever managed to build extgension for wc3. it's like impossible, you know. all those renderedge, sharpcraft, newgen editor - none of those are real.
blizzard surely have high standards for coders, so only ones with true sight and level 3 Engeneering may touch wc3. So far they only managed to do very few things none of which been issue for majority of players/makers. God bless them for working that hard for the whole year, if not more. can't wait for next patch.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
yeah, totally. noone ever managed to build extgension for wc3. it's like impossible, you know. all those renderedge, sharpcraft, newgen editor - none of those are real.
What does that have to do with maintaining the source code? None of those touched the source code and most of them work by injecting to memory addresses in a way that is not really maintainable.

blizzard surely have high standards for coders, so only ones with true sight and level 3 Engeneering may touch wc3.
?! Real life has nothing to do with True Sight or Engineering Upgrade skills, those are abilities in a game...

Instead they recruit people with at least 3 years industry experience, which implies some form of collage or university qualification.

So far they only managed to do very few things none of which been issue for majority of players/makers.
They fixed Mac support and they fixed Windows 10 support. Those were some pretty big issues affecting thousands of people.

God bless them for working that hard for the whole year, if not more. can't wait for next patch.
They also fixed Diablo II to some extent so the indexed colour model used now works rather than looking like something out of the Yellow Submarine. They are a legacy team, not a Warcraft III team. For a first year it is acceptable as one can expect at least 3 months introduction and 3 months migrating and updating the code to comply with current company standards. For 6 months of development time in a small, fresh team they have achieved what one might expect with one of their many game responsibilities.

Might be that the hastening of the patch's release is a "counter"-measurement to memory hack?
I thought it still worked?

Level 19
endless justifications, justifications, and nothing more. so u want to say reverse engineering and byte-patching easier than maintain source code? god, i really have to look at what a shitty java sources you have to maintain.
I'd like to see numbers tho. For a long time dota had like 3-5 mac players, the ones who actually complained about being unable to run dota. and that's the biggest populated map ever made. make sense to say mac players are awful minority with literally few players alive.

and as i said, putting people in head of a few projects at once = fail every of them. if you think this approach is OK you're really out of this life and probably incompetent as programmer. it's fucking big projects, with their own quircks and stuff, no way the same group of people could bother developing both of them. If that acutally true, blizz never ever hoped to revive wc3, but tried to get attention.

Instead they recruit people with at least 3 years industry experience, which implies some form of collage or university qualification.
which is prooved to be nonsense, as long as non-educated people can be more effective that whole their experience.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
so u want to say reverse engineering and byte-patching easier than maintain source code?
It took those people years to make those third party injection based tools what they are. And many of them are still buggy and were broken the instant a patch was released.

For a long time dota had like 3-5 mac players, the ones who actually complained about being unable to run dota. and that's the biggest populated map ever made. make sense to say mac players are awful minority with literally few players alive.
Well especially since the game used to not run on newer macs. Now that it does, who knows how many there are. All I know is there were several mac related topics created every year on this site so although definitely a minority I would recon there are hundreds of them.

Windows 10 users on the other hand are a huge pool. Sure the game worked but not near the quality one would like. Now it does work perfectly.

and as i said, putting people in head of a few projects at once = fail every of them. if you think this approach is OK you're really out of this life and probably incompetent as programmer. it's fucking big projects, with their own quircks and stuff, no way the same group of people could bother developing both of them. If that acutally true, blizz never ever hoped to revive wc3, but tried to get attention.
They want to integrate Warcraft III into Blizzard (BattleNet) application. At least that is what they set out to do as icons for Warcraft III have been data mined from the application. This probably also means the shutdown of their old legacy BattleNet servers and migration to their current platform. For all we know this might be at the 90% completion point at the moment, just that it did not make it into this patch.

which is prooved to be nonsense, as long as non-educated people can be more effective that whole their experience.
What software have you done? You are saying big words so I hope you can actually back them up.

People like Vexorian and all the guys who worked on injection based modifications like JNGP were not inexperienced. Most of them either were at college/university, or in industry.

Level 19
thing is, nobody asked Vexorian for his diploma, yet he would be standalone one of the best options to work onto wc3 project.
and yeah, bytepatching actually get broken when another patch came, you know, it works just like that.
another reminder that none of those projects are payed, so people wasted years doing it for 1-2 hours per week instead of 5x8 job. mind context when you compare something.

and nope, i didnt write anything, im totally out of system programming. even my web experience kinda shallow. yet somehow I managed to get into memhack, as well as having a life and a job. So yeah, being payed on 5x8 job I can eventually become better regardless my unexperience.

Level 19
Blizzard doesn't release a patch - gets hate.
Blizzard releases a patch - gets hate.

Oh it's gonna be fun when they release the big patch.
many of people were just fine with 1.26 and engraved patches long ago. its blizzard who decided to make comeback.
and well, please send me email [email protected] when they do. I believe I wont recall this forum at 2024 or so

Level 9
Blizzard coders know what need for players? If yes then why they do nothing?

All that they have done really for the players is:
1. Increase FileSizeLimit constant from 8MB to 128MB....
2. They broke Preloader save for some maps.
3. Nothing... (No support for hires textures and models(another formats,etc) , no new Jass natives, no direct access to objects/game data, they do nothing...)

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
kwovcbl.jpg

Blizzard doesn't release a patch - gets hate.
Blizzard releases a patch - gets hate.

Oh it's gonna be fun when they release the big patch.

On that day, there will be a great disturbance in the Force for sure. :wink:

Why would the add content to a game this old? Their provocative is to remove bugs, balance stuff (because the competitive scene in Asia) and smooth out issues to get it ready for the blizzard client (rip battlenet) as far as my guess. The player-base may regrow then, but until that moment in time, the player base, even with china is not big enough to justify any major content patches.

Last edited:
Level 19
didn't vader become greatest Jedy ever existed?

Their provocative is to remove bugs, balance stuff (because the competitive scene in Asia) and smooth out issues to get it ready for the blizzard client (rip battlenet). The player-base may regrow then, but until that moment in time, the player base, even with china is not big enough to justify any major content patches.
none of those things been done. oh, you thing player base will grow back w/o adding content? guess why they release WOW addon every 3 years then

oh, you thing player base will grow back w/o adding content? guess why they release WOW addon every 3 years then

Yes, I think it may regrow (a bit) once it is added to the blizzard client. And no, I don't think blizzard will introduce anything new and big to the game. I would consider it particularly lucky if they even introduce a bank system, which is something wc3 maps have needed in forever. Blizzard may have no particular interest in actually growing their old titles. Economically speaking, how many is going to buy warcraft 3 or diablo 2 now? Maybe when it is on the client, but currently? Servers and maintenance cost money. They would probably much rather see us move on to newer titles such as Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3. Right now they're doing us a huge favor that might literally earn them no money.

Also, we're their "free" content creators.

none of those things been done.
All of those things has been done, try checking the patch history. All things haven't been fixed yet. Some WILL never be fixed. But to say none of those things has happened is ignorant.

Last edited:
Level 25
Economically speaking, how many is going to buy warcraft 3 or diablo 2 now? Maybe when it is on the client, but currently? Servers cost money. They would probably much rather see us move on to newer titles such as Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3.
lol imagine the rage if they'd patch a requirement for a legit cd key, requiring people to buy the game.

Level 19
Servers and maintenance cost money. They would probably much rather see us move on to newer titles such as Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3. Right now they're doing us a huge favor that might literally earn them no money.
business does nothing for no profit. if they do patch this, they do earn something of it. most likely - marketing for movies/wow/new bnet. its not only pure money, you know. oh wait, you don't know, if you think delaying patch for ~5 years is good. not to speak about 'quality' issues of those patches.

yeah, wish they update/improve cdkey protection to fuck up players even harder.

Level 19
if you prefer to worship for company for doing their own business go ahead. even mad people have their followers, u wont go alone.
Ive never asked for this patch, and it will be great to have only 26 till today. but some ret.. modern users want to update every shit they have

Level 9
1.26a No major problems are present.
Many years later...
1.27a: fix compability, add new bugs
1.27b: fix added bugs, change FileSizeLimit constant, add new bugs
1.30a: - added nothing for users? Or "SUCCESS! Warcraft III now works only with official battle.net and only with CD key" ? :D

'Classic' Blizzard stupid coders, if you take up the case then make sure that you have sufficient knowledge ..And make sure you're doing it for all users and not just something nothing .

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
I dont worship Blizzard. Work costs money, software developer and server maintenance is a lot of Work. What I also don't do, is complain over free stuff that is given to me.
you've bought this game (most likely). its not "free"
and yeah, everyone can complain on anything, whats the matter is the reasons to complain. I have many, you have none. thats simple.

I ensure that models keep a quality that makes them useful to our users.

You have an awful tendency to attack the person rather than their argument. Which is called "ad hominem" fallacy. The fact that you have attacked me, rather than what I've said, every single time; leads me to believe you have no counter argument. Is that correct? If so, please stop.

Level 19
you believe wc3 is free (or updates to it)
I believe I can't run wc3 1.27b without having full WC3 installed already (means bought)
you can't believe it's payed, I can't believe somebody may argue that or the fact blizz did much much less than expected for a year.
there's nothing wrong if attack shows the problem for person. You're ensuring ur models have quality, Im ensuring Blizzard patches have quality. whats the difference?

Warcraft is not free, the patches is. The patches require work that have to be paid for. Somebody has to pay for that. Neither of us paid for them. The patches was not part of the package you paid for. Read the eula if you want. You signed it.

They were not expected to work on warcraft 3. They are not required to update a 13 years old game. They were not required to work on it ever after release if it works. They might have an interest in doing so, but they're most certainly not required to. Not by law, not by eula, not by anything. You have the right to refuse their services if you do not agree with this.

An argument and a person is not related, that is the "ad hominum" fallacy. Go read up on it. Also go look up "strawman" fallacy while you're at it. Even the worst person on earth, or a hypocrite, might be correct. I'm neither.

Also, you're not ensuring anything. You're complaining. You're not offering solutions, you attacking blizzard, not the patch, blizzard. For a patch you do not think did enough. Even though, as it has been said multiple times, was not the "big patch", and the fact that blizzard does not owe you anything. At all. They. owe. you. nothing.

That is just how it is.

Level 25
So.. DracoL1ch, are you suggesting we remove the rejected and substandard categories, since the maps in those are made for free by people?
And we should just allow people to upload whatever they want since, hey it's free.

Level 19
Also, you're not ensuring anything. You're complaining. You're not offering solutions, you attacking blizzard, not the patch, blizzard. For a patch you do not think did enough. Even though, as it has been said multiple times, was not the "big patch", and the fact that blizzard does not owe you anything. At all. They owe you nothing.
half of my suggestions been negated and didnt hit hive's wishlist, some of them made it tho. re-read that to understand what do I want from patch and even more.
so far I can only laugh at those who believe these patches worthy even this threads. I feel ashamed to type this as well. what a waste of time for nothing.

Level 23

you too are wasting your time.

On the prices, no, as a matter of fact, you buy the game, you essentially buy access to the very base of the game, that is, patch 1.00. Any patch after that is free, because the pre-condition for any patch after 1.00 is that you paid for patch 1.00, you do not have to pay for patch 1.00, and then again for 1.01, then again for 1.01b(these are real patches).

I dont think saying this changes anything, because you are full on your crusade, just thought I would point it out, and as said, the wish list was sent to blizzard, but that doesnt tie blizzard to implement any or all parts of it. Blizzard is its own corporate entity, they can do whatever the fuck they want with their game, if they decide to not include something, or anything from the wishlist, its really their decision.

This is like saying why didnt guy X kill himself when I sent him a letter to kill himself, well you know for once you could heat up some, very little logic, and see why.

You can reply however you want, I wont reply to your shitty attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.