1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Compete in Concept Art Contest - Bounty Hunter . May the best artist's bounty hunter execute!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Modeling Mini-Contest #5 - Familiar is up! Compete to design a pet companion to a lonely WC3 Hero of your preference.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The present for our Christmas Mini-Texturing Contest finally arrived. Check out the results!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 6th installment of our Music Contest just got fired up! Now with an Apocalyptic taste. Get started and compete in this musical battle!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Looking to expand an altered melee race of yours? Join the Advanced Techtree Contest - Recycle, Revise, Reinvent contest!
    Dismiss Notice

[8MB Limit Removed Update] Warcraft 3 - Patch 1.27b

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Dec 13, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiniMage

MiniMage
    If rather major changes are made, why did they say it was just General Maintenance and Bug fixing? :eek:

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz
  3. Dat-C3

Dat-C3
    Looks like they already "fixed"/destroyed memory hack, wow that was way faster then the return bugs destruction.

4. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Edited the news post. It covers the 8MB limit removal!

5. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0
    Neat.

6. jondrean

jondrean
    There's another glitchy control:
    upload_2016-12-14_1-16-42.png

Toggling it disables/enables editor sounds.

7. brad_c6

brad_c6
  8. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Code Moderator

It's a very great change, finaly! But no, not really. It doesn't really change much for those guys.

Yeh, in chat Zwiebelchen also told he experienced it.
    It seems like they put all files into folder "CustomMapData" generated from PreloadGen() and don't allow absolute paths anymore.
    All files extend also .pld now. ^^ ... but which can be changed just manualy.

9. LordDz

LordDz
    So.. How much stuff will they break? :D

10. jondrean

jondrean
    In the suggestion list "avoid breaking existing maps" was a top priority. I think that they've opened the list once or twice since that 8MB limit removal is there as well (right below it!). I have faith, at least.

11. Titich

Titich
    Editor seems to not be working at all for me (on windows 7). Anyone else experiencing this issue?

12. klemen

klemen
    The patch is almost 200MB, most of that are wav files for unit sounds. No idea why they are patching those. Anyway, as of this moment, the patches disappeared from public ftp but they are still up via bnet update.

13. EloTheMan

EloTheMan
    Maybe they improved the sound support? It always felt like the sound could be a bit messy with surround setups.

14. Ezekiel12

Ezekiel12
    The new map size limit is ~131.1MB 128MB

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  15. Wareditor

Wareditor
    Fucking YES ! At last :)

16. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0
    I don't care about MB size. If they are modding the Sound so that things can be Imported as easily as models, I'll die happy.

17. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Hey, thanks for sharing that. I edited the post with an update as well regarding this.

I'm curious though, how did you find that out?

18. Chaosy

Chaosy
    Disappointing.

They changed a hardcoded variable. Amazing.
    The bug fixes are good I suppose but they don't affect me modding.

Not major regardless, this is basically a bug-fix patch. A major patch in games contains roughly 100x more than that.

19. edo494

edo494

Jass Reviewer

if preload is a gonner, they better give us some disk IO api before end of the year, or the RPG scene is a gonner for real

Edit: someone mentioned this fixed the memory exploit much faster than typecasting, you have to remember that fiddling with raw memory, including executing arbitrary code, is very very dangerous, and the memory library allowed very easy api to do so, the typecasting, while also theoretically allowing so, was much harder to work with/make it obey your command

Ok apparently I misunderstood how the preloading was changed, and I like the way they did it, saying no to absolute paths + appending .pld, good job on that Blizz, but the raw IO would be nice too :D

20. EdgeOfChaos

EdgeOfChaos
    Does anyone have specifics on what bugs are fixed?

And preload is not dead. It simply writes to WarCraft III/CustomMapData/YourFolder now.

That changelog was super weird though. I can't understand why Blizzard would write a one-liner instead of what they actually did.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.