• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.27b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Would also like to stress that in version 1.27, removed the custom hood of Thrall, the truth not be that happened to Blizzard ???? :\

Level 19
to the retards who claimed "nobody supports game 10 yo but blizzard, be happy"
I wasted few hours with titan quest Anniversary edition. Goddamn it was beatiful update, with tons of justifications AND even balance changes. It's a patch for 10 years game with a bit new content (in terms of game - like 0.5%) and tons of fixes.
And they never started ANY hype around it. And they NEVER told players "gtfo, we pulled this update out of our arses, be happy we did that". They just made their players happy. And blizzard didn't.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
to the retards who claimed "nobody supports game 10 yo but blizzard, be happy"
I wasted few hours with titan quest Anniversary edition. Goddamn it was beatiful update, with tons of justifications AND even balance changes. It's a patch for 10 years game with a bit new content (in terms of game - like 0.5%) and tons of fixes.
And they never started ANY hype around it. And they NEVER told players "gtfo, we pulled this update out of our arses, be happy we did that". They just made their players happy. And blizzard didn't.

This is so very flawed argumentation imho...

Excerpts from the Iron Lore Entertainment page on Wikipedia (with bold added for emphasis where appropriate):

"Iron Lore Entertainment was founded in 2000. The company released Titan Quest in June 2006 in the US and Europe, for publisher THQ. [They] released an expansion pack [...] in March 2007. On February 27, 2008 it was announced that Iron Lore Entertainment had closed down owing to an inability to secure funding for its next project. Following the closure, former members of Iron Lore formed a new company called Crate Entertainment."

Excerpts from the Titan Quest page on Wikipedia (with bold added too):

"Titan Quest is an action role playing hack and slash video game developed by Iron Lore Entertainment [...]. Demiurge Studios [...] [helped] with the final stages [of development][...]. [Their] involvement gave Iron Lore more time and energy to devote to fixing bugs and polishing gameplay [before release]. The CGI opening cinematic was created by Blur Studio.

[The game] was published by THQ in 2006. It was released on Steam in 2007, and later ported to mobile devices by DotEmu and released in 2016: later versions were published by THQ Nordic.

[...]

The Titan Quest intellectual property was purchased by Nordic Games after THQ began selling off its shares in the wake of its 2013 bankruptcy. Beginning in 2016, Nordic Games began supporting the game's Steam version with patches to fix gameplay and multiplayer issues, along with glitches and bugs. [...] Titan Quest Anniversary Edition was released on Steam on 31 August 2016.

A port of Titan Quest for mobile devices was developed under license from Nordic Games by DotEmu, a French developer [...]. The controls and interface were redesigned from the ground up to work for touchscreen controls [...]. Despite the changes, the team worked to make the gameplay as close as possible to the original experience. They also put in additional options for actions [...]. It released on May 19, 2016 for iOS. The Android version was released on July 7 [2016]."

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
tl;dr, heh? :wink:

From what I am reading, I understand neither the video game companies originally involved, nor the original game publisher, have anything to do with the Titan Quest Anniversary Edition release.

Nordic Games purchased the Titan Quest intellectual property from THQ in 2013. It took them three years to release a new edition for the Steam version of the game, as well as game ports for new, modern devices. They all happened close to each other in 2016.

I fail to see any mention of the original PC game release to be currently supported. Only the Steam version is? In which case, it feels like Half-Life PC support to me...

The WarCraft 1.27a Patch was released in March 2016, therefore *before* any Titan Quest new edition/port.

You might wish to consider deeper how it all compares to Blizzard Entertainment.

Last edited:
Level 19
idk I pirated it as usual, thinking of buying on steam now
thing is, even if it took 3 years, they managed to do that. different team of developers as well. but key is to not kill ur fans with overhyped "we gonna do something special" and actually feed them with proper actions.
I dont mind if blizz would take 3 years to make something fucking worthy updating. but so far they ONLY broke community

pyf

pyf

Level 32
The most important thing for Blizzard was to first release compatibility fixes for modern PC OSes. And this is what they did (or tried to do) for WarCraft 3 and Diablo II in 2016 (and unofficially for StarCraft). Modern OS compatibility fixes could not wait until 2019.

It has 'only' been less than a year since Patch 1.27a was released.
It has already been said elsewhere on THW, some features would take *years* to develop.

The classic development team will manage to do that imho. Even though I am understanding they are currently at a loss with any new efficient anti-cheat / anti-hack features. I am guessing this was very unexpected. I am also guessing it also broke their patch development release cycle for all three games. I personally believe Diablo II is currently being used as a testbed for such new anti-cheat / anti-hack features.

I have not checked out the Titan Quest forums. Maybe the fans there had been annoyed / angered for years until 2016, about their beloved game not having any new patch / support since 2008? (that is, since Iron Lore Entertainment closed down).

Last edited:
Level 25
"oh god, it cannot be.. wait, it happens."
Is that your way of trying to be subtle with telling me I'm an idiot or are you trying to say something else?

My point being is that developers tend to break shit when they patch stuff, Blizzard broke the hiding of command buttons, the THQ new developers broke stability.
Shit happens.

But Blizzard at least says they're going to whitelist the new gui command buttons, so I think it's unjustified to shit down on them for something they're going to fix.

Level 19
I dont care. One guy broke stuff while adding tons more, although due to game initial size its still neglilible amount. Others added nothing valuable at all. ANyway you completely missed the point of my anger. I dont care if they broke X for Y, where Y is better. I'll consider it. And I know lifespan of wc3 is way too short to hope for "bright future". Currently there's only future without any sane and self-respecting mapmakers.

Level 3
@Barade: this issue has been previously mentioned in this thread.

Maybe @Setokaiva and @Krotos can provide some feedback about it?
The only real feedback I have is that I'm still not able to log into Battle.net, for the exact same issue that Barade has. I have not tried the offline installer that @Dr Super Good just mentioned, though, so I'll give that a shot before I say much more. I really hope it works, because I need to be able to test my maps online to keep my energy flowing to work on Destiny Battle.

EDIT: I just downloaded and tried the manual patch. I can't remember if it was that or my attempt at downloading the patch through Battle.net, but my version notice in the bottom right-hand corner of the main menu does read 1.27 now (there's more numbers, of course, but you get the idea). However, the problem persists. I still can't log onto Battle.net because I run into the exact same "Downloading Update" box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.