• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(8) Scourge and Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Scourge and Wars

While I'm planning for my next major project, The Best Catch, I got a little bored and decided to create a fast-paced map named Scourge and Wars, a map involving a battle between two undead forces. I created this map within an approximate total of 8 hours:hohum:.

Use your undead army to crush the forces of your opponents. Destroy the opponent's Crypts to win.

Units are automatically trained even after researching an upgrade, but you can't stop training the units in your Crypt.

You can choose any undead hero in an Altar of Darkness, but you may only have one hero and only the hero you have first chosen.

Inspired by Anitarf's Old School Alliance Tactics (though I made this from scratch, credit goes to him for the Build Queue Cleanup trigger).

If you find any bugs then please tell me and I'll fix it on the double. The map's 4-player gameplay stays the same due to it's size.

For now, there will be no Map Preview because I don't have Photoshop yet. That will come soon.

Map is open source to make it 'educational'.

Screenshots:

ScourgeandWars_Pic1.jpg

Thank you. Enjoy:grin:

Comments and suggestions are strongly welcome and :fp: for best results please play this map w/ a fullhouse game for maximum action in a simple map, and you won't regret.

Attachments

• Scourge and Wars.w3x
    43.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Level 7
Well it's just a simple map and it is meant to be simple but fun. I just created this to reduce boredom while planning for my next major project, it's obviously a map made w/ effort. At least it's not like those other unfinished and blank maps out there (no offense). Just try it in fullhouse:grin:

And mapsize doesn't matter. The most efficient system can go below 20 kb or a spotlighted map in blizzard can have 50 kb. Quality, not quantity. Plus download time is faster.:wink:

Anyways thanks so much and removed the +rep thing to prevent conficts.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.