• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(8)Ordeal Ground v1.07

(8)Ordeal Ground
Player Suggest: 4v4
Theme: Dungeon tile set
Map Creator: Zucth

overview map
190905-16f55feac990c07f81f78e630fb2d0c8.png

Map Description:
Ordeal Ground is a barren land dungeon near volcano. A cursed land that use to detain prisoners till they died, end up being a enraged ghost.

Neutral Building:
18 Goldmines (Main-14200, First Expansion-13750, Middle Expansion-15725)
2 Tavern
4 Goblin Merchant
4 Mercenary camp -Northern
2 Goblin Lab
1 Marketplace -middle

Creep Camp:
12 Green
24 Orange
6 Red (+8 base expo)

Information:
-dungeon mixed tile set + no water used
-2v2+2v2 early game, 4v4 late game design.
-middle player of both side will have a double base expansion.
-mid mines drop p4 and monster lure (ward that lure near camp where it got place.)
-lab drop p5 and ror (rune of rebirth)
-rune of rebirth drop from infernal contraption, which is a mech tribe. can be repair!
-northern mercenary camp given a chance of playing different units that aren't balance in 1v1 or 2v2.
-the map will look more green in the last version. (which is intend)
-unguard marketplace in the middle
-this map has been use in w3champion 4v4 ladder pool

++There's a WIP down in the photo down there in case you wanna asked of it.
190906-f0421b7207dc8bc4ffa5d33b7c10aebf.png
-1.0 there were a lot of change happen before I upload this map here. a lot of thought roam in my head. hope it come out well as much as time I spent on.
-1.01 remove spike in the middle due to tricky hitpoint+hp bug possibility, fill the creep mana.

-1.02 balance change follow judge guide, remove dual expo in the middle, rose the middle expo amounts up compensate the -1, make all 4 merc on the side "no merc will break 4v4" make lab middle dual instead of marketplace, move maketplace to the middle and make tavern 2 instead of a long walk. remove wrath next to the left merc due to confusion. make middle permanent 4 drop change to mis5 (weak than charge 5)
-1.03 change the middle lizard camp from 6-5-4-4 > 5-4-4, add middle camp(marketplace), fix aggro middle mines
-1.04 add p6 behind the middle mines as hard red follow Toxi feedback. The old dual mines position camp lv 8-3-3-3-2 > 6-3-3-2-2 ( p3+ c2 > p3 + pw1x2)
-1.05 adjust the creep ability in near base c3 camp replace two slow with the same as the further one, replace healing pig lv5 with lv6 wildkin, replace middle lv13 immolation draenai with gnoll overseer, change middle weird position to lv6 dragon, remove immolation creep from marketplace camp.
-1.06 added change to the creep ability and color to make it less dangerous follow the suggest of Lovestrucks
-1.07 remove Monster Lure Wand change to Fortify Glyph.

Creator Note:
-This map was used to participate in melee-mapping-contest-4v4-#7-2021
Previews
Contents

(8)Ordeal Ground v1.05 (Map)

(8)Ordeal Ground v1.07 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Weird, I could have sworn I reviewed this map before.... Anyway. It's red-ish, I guess no more comment needed anymore on that. Generally it looks very good, and there is lot of work in the details everywhere. In terms of gameplay: 1. Central creeps...
Level 15
I love the theme and feel of this map. The diverse coloration of the trees is really appealing to the eye and looks very nice in game. I'm also super pleased whenever I see a marketplace, I find that it is a super underused building even though most custom melee maps have no problem infallibly including a tavern.

The arches at either end of the map look really cool without feeling too cluttery as well, and their color nicely complements the red trees which smooths the visual contrast of the brighter green trees nearby. Did I mention that the color is appealing?

Regardless I'm excited to play this with my friends once finals are done, then I can feel right about giving it a rating, but just looking at it in the editor right now I can tell you that it looks pretty awesome.

Great work!

Level 7
I love the tileset. Everything looks georgeous. Aesthetics are pure gold, sir. I also like the creep levels, although infernal creeps in the middle are PRETTY ROUGH. Balanced creep camps, pathings, overwall. Those 4 goldmines facing the center of the map are hard to defend. I someway like it, but don't know how balance it is. It's a pure 4v4 map. You can't play it on any other game mode. ⭐

I found something weird on the left merc camp. There are 2 merc camp creeps in the middle left side. The one on the south has a neutral banshee. I think its a bug, because its not cloned in the rest of the merc camps.

Level 26
I love the tileset. Everything looks georgeous. Aesthetics are pure gold, sir. I also like the creep levels, although infernal creeps in the middle are PRETTY ROUGH. Balanced creep camps, pathings, overwall. Those 4 goldmines facing the center of the map are hard to defend. I someway like it, but don't know how balance it is. It's a pure 4v4 map. You can't play it on any other game mode. ⭐

I found something weird on the left merc camp. There are 2 merc camp creeps in the middle left side. The one on the south has a neutral banshee. I think its a bug, because its not cloned in the rest of the merc camps.
will check that that out. but banshee are neutral and intend to be there. I didnt make her on the other side cause the arch in front hide her. :psmile:

Level 29
There are many things I like:
-tileset, decorations...
-creep loot.
-dual marketplaces
-The starting positions
-small map 144x144 favors early pvp.
-I like you crossed gob-labs -mercs, clever.

I am not shure about the "dual mine" thing, I saw that before in a map but it wasnt a ladder one I think.

But in my case what I really like is the Merc-Marketplace- Lab positions.

good luck!!!

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Weird, I could have sworn I reviewed this map before....

Anyway. It's red-ish, I guess no more comment needed anymore on that. Generally it looks very good, and there is lot of work in the details everywhere.

In terms of gameplay:
1. Central creeps might aggro by accident, but for once this is a place where players would expect it, given that it is similar on some existing maps.
2. Monster lure, not sure what it does. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that is essentially negligible and most players will sell it, so acceptable.
3. Very nice idea with the red camp behind those expansions. The only downside is that it is impossible to contest these camps. In terms of layout the map otherwise doesnt try anything that wasnt seen before, but that's perfectly fine.
4. A lot of unusual creeps everywhere, while I like that, maybe overall less would be more. But it's 4v4, so it should work anyway.
5. All the basics are ok as far as I noticed.

Map approved.

Level 26
Weird, I could have sworn I reviewed this map before....

Anyway. It's red-ish, I guess no more comment needed anymore on that. Generally it looks very good, and there is lot of work in the details everywhere.

In terms of gameplay:
1. Central creeps might aggro by accident, but for once this is a place where players would expect it, given that it is similar on some existing maps.
2. Monster lure, not sure what it does. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that is essentially negligible and most players will sell it, so acceptable.
3. Very nice idea with the red camp behind those expansions. The only downside is that it is impossible to contest these camps. In terms of layout the map otherwise doesnt try anything that wasnt seen before, but that's perfectly fine.
4. A lot of unusual creeps everywhere, while I like that, maybe overall less would be more. But it's 4v4, so it should work anyway.
5. All the basics are ok as far as I noticed.

Map approved.
I think it was because most of my later map have the same visual look, that's why you feel like you have review every map of mine before :D
also I think we already talk in the discord about same creep on every map. Like stop using Orge Lord and Rock Golem xD