• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Garden of War AM

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Garden of War
Altered Melee Version

List of Features
- You can play as Felwood, Naga, Tuskarr, Human, Orc, Night Elf, and Undead race,
- This map inspired by Monolith, and Nature's Call - Spider Queen map,
- Default WarCraft III race A.I. (Human, Orc, Night Elf, and Undead) work properly,
- This map can be played up to 8 (eight) players,
- Every custom race has it's own custom tile set, not based on blight model,
- Win, defeat, revealing, and unrevealing trigger work properly,
- Race selection via handicap,
- This map is not protected.

List of Commands
-max : Set Player's camera height offset to 256.00 over 4.00 seconds
-min : Set Player's camera height offset to standard game-view over 4.00 seconds

Gameplay Screenshot (Tier-1)

full

full

full

full

full

List of Credits
Darky29 (The Hive Workshop):
- BTNIceSpider.blp, DISBTN icon was recreated via Button Manager v.1.8.2
- BTNSpiderRoot.blp, include DISBTN icon
- BTNSpiderUproot.blp, include DISBTN icon
- BTNBroodSpider.blp, include DISBTN icon

Sunreaver (The Hive Workshop):
- BTNSummonerMaster.blp, was renamed via Button Manager v.1.8.2
- infocard-summoner.blp, was recreated via Button Manager v.1.8.2
- BTNSummonerAdept.blp, include DISBTN icon

Hermit (The Hive Workshop):
- CorruptedGoldmine.mdx
- CorruptedBush.blp
- CorruptedRootsBuild.blp

Ujimasa Hojo (The Hive Workshop):
- CorruptedAncientProtector V2.01.mdx
- CorruptedAncientofWar V2.00.mdx
- CorruptedTreeofLife V2.00.mdx

Misha (The Hive Workshop):
- Naga Citadel.mdx, birthlink attachment was removed via Magos

Ayane (The Hive Workshop):
- Aura.mdx, was used for hero glow via Trigger Editor

Garfield (The Hive Workshop):
- tuskarrworker.mdx

Genin32 (The Hive Workshop):
- BTNHarpyNest.blp, include DISBTN icon

Nealdros (The Hive Workshop):
- BTNBurningArcher.blp, include DISBTN icon

Blizzard Entertainment (Map Template):
- (8)GardenOfWar.w3x, as terrain map

Change Log
V01 (16/01/2018):
- First upload.

Update V02 (17/01/2018):
- Death animation for Monolith Tower building.

Update V03 (19/01/2018):
- Map name was renamed from Snowy Garden into Kingdom of Azjol-Nerub (in gameplay map info),
- Custom race town hall issue when buy Tiny Great Hall item from sharing market was fixed,
- New items (Tiny Wendigo House, Tiny Naga Citadel, and Tiny Corrupted Tree of Eternity),
- Techtree requirement for Thunder Lizard and Wildkin was changed to tier-3 town hall.

Update V04 (22/01/2018):
- New item (Frost Orb),
- Custom birth animation via trigger for Felwood and Tuskarr race was changed.

Update V05 (27/01/2018):
- Birth animation trigger algorithm was optimized,
- Destructible issue when Felwood buildings dies in birth animation was fixed.

Update V06 (28/01/2018):
- Number of Player issue was fixed,
- Player's controller was changed from Computer to User.

Update V07 (01/02/2018):
- Map name was changed from Kingdom of Azjol-Nerub into Garden of War AM (abbreviation from Altered Melee).

Update V08 (03/02/2018):
- Remove hero glow from Brood Mother unit.

Update V09 (31/03/2020):
- Player team option was repaired with fixed starting location.

Author's Note

TUCANA (29/01/2018)
Thanks for downloading my first map. This map has been downloaded more than 350 times. :)
Custom race (Felwood, Tuskarr, and Naga):
- A.I. still in progress,
- Default A.I. (Human, Orc, Night Elf, and Undead) work properly (all handicap, except 90% and 80%),
- Health bar issue still in repairment state.

Custom birth animation (Doodad based building):
- Naga custom birth animation still in progress.

Gameplay (Update V07, 01/02/2018):
- Solo gameplay work properly,
- Number of Player issue was fixed,
- Revealing, unrevealing, win, and defeat trigger work properly,
- You can continue game after win.
Previews
Contents

Garden of War AM (Map)

Reviews
twojstaryjakcie
The races you implemented are fundamentally broken. I'm afraid there's not much point in explaining why or how you should balance these races out as I'm concerned you'd have to start from the very beginning in order to make these races fair and...
Level 3
I want to make this resource as campaign map to continue Nature's Call - Spider Queen sequel as fan version.
Too bad, I can't continue that project, because I don't have enough modelling skill, especially for building model.

Update V02 (17/01/2018)
- The screenshot was added (in thread),
- Death animation for Monolith Tower building model.

Note (16/02/2018):
- Map name was renamed to Garden of War AM (abbreviation from Altered Melee) in Update V07 (01/02/2018) version.

Last edited:
The map has some flaws.
1. The ai for the custom races don't work, they are not even building any structures and the felwood race isn't even harvesting gold.
2. You should have used actual buildings rather than doodads, you can find lots of great models for that here on hive.
3. There's no custom spells at all and there are only three heroes on the altar.

Those are the thing that I think can be improved and the doodad buildings bothers me the most, but that is just my opinion. Happy mapping. (you should take a look at Wa666r maps to find some inspiration for your own.)

Last edited:
Level 3
Thank you for your feedback nightelfbuilder. Currently, AI for the custom races still in progress, I will add this to Author's Note. If you want to play as solo player and need A.I. you can choose default Warcraft III A.I. (Human, Orc, Undead, and Night Elf), because it works properly (in all handicap except 90% and 80%). For now, I will focus on adding more custom spells and upgrades. About doodad buildings, I will try to add some simple birth animation, like UBirth.mdx, NagaBirth.mdx, and NEBirth.mdx.

Note (10/02/2018):
- I'm sorry especially to nightelfbuilder, because I have edit this message too often and forget to remove user tag,
- All update information was moved to Changelog.

Last edited:
Level 8
The races you implemented are fundamentally broken. I'm afraid there's not much point in explaining why or how you should balance these races out as I'm concerned you'd have to start from the very beginning in order to make these races fair and enjoyable to play. I will point out the main issues I have with the map and link you some well-received custom races. Hopefully, it will help you with developing your races.

The first and probably the most pressing issue I have with your races is the lack of both creativity and effort. The majority of the units are taken from the Neutral Hostile and Naga races and aren't changed in any way - same statistics, same price. This means that certain units will be nearly useless when compared to others (there are obvious stat imbalances between Neutral Hostile units). I won't delve deeper into this issue, as all you have to do is to compare these units to units offered by four original races and adjust the statistics of the former.

The heroes are in most cases just remodels of base heroes that already exist (Naga Royal Guard - Archmage, Salamander - Firelord, Ursa Warrior - Tauren Chieftain, etc. <the list goes on for quite a while>). Needless to say, this should be changed if you want your races to be considered creative.

Due to the bizarre way of choosing the custom races, the heroes and workers suffer from decreased health - Felwood Wisps, for example, have only 96 health (heroes are also affected which means that they are weaker than their original counterparts <Naga Sea Witch from the Naga race is weaker than the one from the Tavern, which doesn't seem right>).

I could now make a list of all the units that need fixing, explaining why they cannot stay the way they were, but I think that's a bit too much work and you can already get the idea of what is wrong with these custom races. Here are some links to maps with somewhat balanced and definitely more creative units which you can study in search of inspiration and improvement for your races, because for now, this resource is lacking in multiple departments due to its numerous issues.

Dwarf Race
Scarlet Crusaders V.2.5.1
High Elves V2.5

Level 3
Thank you very much for review and map example twojstaryjakcie. I just realized that balancing and adding custom spell for altered melee is hard (especially for custom three race at once, I should start it with one race another time). I will learn the map example that you have given it to me, especially to get some inspiration and make this map unique and different from another altered melee map.

Thanks to everyone who have downloaded this map (488 times), this makes me very happy. I'm sorry about custom upgrade, spell, and A.I. progress in this map, it seems it will take long time to finish it. But I won't give up in this map, so I will update this map gradually. I hope, after this map ready, this map will get approval statement. As soon as possible, I will try to change race selection mode with dialog trigger.

Note (11/02/2018):
About trigger, it is free to use and modify it. I hope you would like to use my revealing-unrevealing-defeat-win trigger or Retera script to improve revealing and unrevealing gameplay. About another resources that there is not mentioned in Credit, it was created by me via Magos and Button Manager v.1.8.2.

Note (30/03/2020):
Map is free to use and modify it as template (map tags was changed to template, tested in Frozen Throne Patch 1.27.0.52240 version).

Last edited: