• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(8)Indigo Keeper v1.3

(8)Indigo Keeper
Player Suggest: 4v4, 2v2v2v2
Idea: Present a new layout for a small 4v4 maps
Map Creator: Zucth

Map Description:
A keep on top the deep dark blue rock called indigo. The upperland where it decide who is the leader. The trial begins.

Neutral Building:
16 Expansion Goldmines (All-12500)
2 Tavern
2 Marketplace
4 Goblin Merchant
4 Mercenary camp

Creep Camp:
8 Green
28 Orange +8 starting base
4 Red

Information:
-map center from friend layout
-took idea from Golem in the mist
-two player start together (friend)
-Open up the back middle expo (to make it not too safe like how Battleground and Murgul Oasis present)
-first orange is safe similar to how battleground present
-remove wand of illusion drop from c2, replace it with two item (scroll of protection & Tiny Farm)
-this map has been use in w3champion 4v4 ladder pool

v1.01 -replace vampire potion with tiny farm
v1.02 -fixed trolls/gnolls in the forests itemdrop issues, added pw2 to bear expo camp, allied player priority is fixed now, doodad bug fixed
v1.1 -rework most of expo trees wall, added gate, change the middle.
v1.11 - rework middle follow kaer suggest.
v1.12 - remove one of the special drop at main base in term of 2v2 to map reveal. -remove tiny farm from the drop.
v1.3 - same version as w3champion last update

Creator Note:
-It even smaller than Murgul Oasis but with more creeps spot.
-present it will unusual tile set like underground.
Previews
Contents

(8)Indigo Keeper v1.12 (Map)

Indigo Keeper v1.2 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Indeed an interesting layout. It's a map I would probably enjoy playing in ladder every now and then, as long as there arent too many similar other maps. Though I'm still not a fan of shared bases. The tileset, again, nonstandard but fine. Actuall...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Indeed an interesting layout. It's a map I would probably enjoy playing in ladder every now and then, as long as there arent too many similar other maps. Though I'm still not a fan of shared bases.
The tileset, again, nonstandard but fine. Actuall reminds me of some of @WolfFarkas maps.
Gameplay:
1. Why do the trolls/gnolls in the forests not drop anything at all? If anything, the fact that getting to them requires extra work would much rather justify a better-than-average drop.
2. Ally player properties allow that in a 4v4, the pairs of teammates might not spawn next to each other. This could be considered a feature, but is it intentional?
3. Imo the expansion with the furbolgs and the red camps could deserve an additional powerup.
4. My initial impression was that the number of creeps is very low for a 4v4. After comparing it to some other small 4v4 maps, this hypothesis does not hold however, as MurGul Oasis or Feralas have actually fewer creeps. Still I wouldnt mind if there was like another high-green or low-orange camp per player, or per pair of players.

Overall, some of the "bugs" I complained about might as well be features and are not without precedents on other maps. Therefore map approved.

PS: The number of goldmines in the description is a "bit" wrong?

Level 3
I disagree with the approval only because of this.
1666749381239.png

Undead AI doesn't work. Acolytes in undead players just... sit there. Too bad. It was a promising map.