• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(8)Enfold Spinach V1.2

(8)Enfold Spinach
Player Suggest: 4v4, 2v2v2v2
Layout: Twain Hail, Friends
Map Creator: Zucth

209269-8ffd4a76051bd6f9d6257c975e471e57.jpg

Map Description:
Merry Christmas! Said the Santa, welcome to the Enfold Spinach where everything has gone crazy. The game represent the drop and item that has no longer appear or you will never see in normal game. Good luck!

Neutral Building:
22 Goldmines (Base -14000, Mid-17500, Unguard-10000, Corner-14500)
4 Tavern
4 Goblin Merchant
4 Goblin Lab
4 Mercenary camp -L.Fall,ICG,Northern,Village,Felwood
4 Health Fountains
2 Marketplace

Creep Camp:
8 Green
40 Orange
16 Red [+8 base]

Information:
-Map have a large size [148x148]
-represent Twain Hail layout mix up with Friend Layout.
-player rush distance are closer than friend.
-naga race available in each corner of the map.[drop rune of rebirth]
-permanent/charge 5-6 are in the game but with rebalance.
-the map give you one free unguard goldmines in front between two player base.

v1.0 upload to Hive
v1.1 item bug fixed (archmage ring)

v1.2
-replace naga with better creep, also remove ror and replace with minihall
-change p6 drop(replace orb of darkness with cleave orb, and mana regen +4 all ring with permanent potion)
-fix jungle stalker/sea elemental camp missing east of the center
-fix middle mine aggro
-fix main base creep aggro (friend base position)
-remove defined fountain and replace with something else (less confusion)
-random 5 merc instead of 1 merc

Creator Note:
-I'm sorry for my naming sense, but the map color present the spinach color. Since Blizaard also name their map "Cherryvile" why not more fruits or vegetable name? :3
Previews
Contents

(8)Enfold Spinach v1.2 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
I'll just ignore the tileset this time. About gameplay: 1. There is a jungle stalker/sea elemental camp missing east of the center. 2. Itemdrops are highly nonstandard and weird. I dont want analyze every single table, but suffice to say that this...
mafe
Looking mostly at the issues from my previous review: 1. is fixed. 2. Some weird itemdrops still exist. Oh well. Cant remember how it was before, it seems just about acceptable now. 3. Aggro issues still exist (in particular for the jungle stalker/sea...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
I'll just ignore the tileset this time.

About gameplay:
1. There is a jungle stalker/sea elemental camp missing east of the center.
2. Itemdrops are highly nonstandard and weird. I dont want analyze every single table, but suffice to say that this makes the map unsuitable for competitive/ladder play, even though it can still be fun against friends/AI.
3. Basically, all of the central creep camps have aggro issues.
4. Iirc I mentioned this before, but naga units have completely imbalanced stats compared to regular creeps. At least they might drop a good item, but there's also a chance it will be rather useless for some armies (i.e. the orb of darkness).
5. Except for that, the creeps look sensible.
6. There are lot of fun ideas in many places: The unguarded mines, the two-side-access shops, the starting position layout, the fountain locations, the middle layout and maybe some others. Overall, imo the map therefore has a lot of potential.
7. The defiled fountains serve no point for gameplay, and I'd rather remove them in order to avoid confusion.
8. For 4v4, the map could be more open in some places.

So overall, I have a mixed impression of this map. At the very least 1 and 2 should be fixed/improved. Therefore map set to Awaiting Update. Some streamlining of the items might also be worth thinking about.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Looking mostly at the issues from my previous review:
1. is fixed.
2. Some weird itemdrops still exist. Oh well. Cant remember how it was before, it seems just about acceptable now.
3. Aggro issues still exist (in particular for the jungle stalker/sea elemental camps), but I think it's not as bad as it used to be.
4. Naga creeps are gone, good.
7. Defiled fountains are gone, good.

Not sure what the change of "-random 5 merc instead of 1 merc" means? Anyway, the map still has a bit of room for improvement, but overall I think it would be enjoyable to play now. Approved.