1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

(8)Dofus - MMORPG

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Nazra7, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Lingonberryjam

Lingonberryjam

Resources:
    Resources:
    In your last post you sound like an old wise man (gandalf perhaps?... or dumbledore?... hmm) :).

I will never start on an orpg, for several reasons. Mainly cuz it requires a heck of alot time and its damn hard.

Making an arena is a very good way to develop your mapping skills (mainly triggering). So good luck with your arena! (be sure to figure some ideas out, and then post a small thread about it and hear our opinions, im waiting :) )

2. Nazra7

Nazra7

Resources:
    Resources:
    well did you see my guild wars arena post? it's got everything I plan to do with the map... nd I'm not saying I'll never work on my dofus map again, just not now. ps: windex, sorry for being so short with you.

edit: not knowing jass is the reason why I use weu it has various functions you don't normally get. and it doesnt mess up the map at all unless your trying to do something really extrordinary with it I guess...

besides its help me alot. and its currently helping me in my guild wars arena map.

3. PheoniX_VII

PheoniX_VII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Try http://treklabel.com/tkok/ , Id like to think it excel at both those areas.

And to Nazra7, Dont let this get you down. This happens to us all in the start and you should see every map you make as something better than the last one you made, that way after making enough maps you get something that people enjoy.

Go ahead and play around with the editor as much as you can, challange yourself when it comes to triggering and if it ends up not working. well atleast you know.

And as for the no-limits not working for you. try Grimoire, an enchanted WE that got an no-limit included in its tabs.
    http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=86652&highlight=Grimoire

But my best advice though, is to have fun while you make your maps.

4. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It looks nice, for a start. Hopefully this'll allow to make even better maps, but so far I'm not impressed.

5. ray12342

ray12342

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow Wow Wow This Map Shows Potential Just Cause Some JackAsses Think Otherwise This Map Has Obvious Hard Work Sure the Storyline isnt that original And its Doable by Everywone But Down To it If its So easy Too Make Then Why Didint you Make it And Make it 300x better Hmmmm? Great LOoking Nazra I Just Love It Not That COmpletely Original But Alot of Teh Rpgs You Cant Play Offline So IM Giveing you Cedit For THis COmpletely Keep up the woprk i wanna see a beta within the week!

6. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please speak english. This is an english forum, most of us don't understand your moronic gibberish.

7. Nazra7

Nazra7

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmmm? I understood that just fine. By the way, since I didi spent so much hard work into this map I'll continue working on it... my guild wars arena is going to take just as long to make and is going to be alot harder to make I'll take a break on that map and focus the weak points of my dofus map... Terrain. is there anything else you guys see that should be improved of my map so far?

if not I'll fix the terrain and add in a few quests and release a beta there you can test it and tell me all the flaws of the game and I'll see if i can improve it...

since this map was made with world editor unlimited you'll need to install it to view it in world editor. if you don't use the world editor unlimited functions in your maps it shouldnt effect your maps by just installing it so there shouldnt be any problems.

if you do view it in world editor make sure you take alook at all the triggers. and for the disabled ones those are for either pending of removal or disbaled for upgrading. just havent had the time to do it yet.

8. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    And Nazra's english isn't bad? Why don't you look at his he type slik ethi s
    and Nazra not to ruin your fun Editing a map made just adding you name and a new few things. And windex i think it was said that gaining rank and when you have enough rank you can get pvp items hmm sounds familiar... WoW maybe? Bosserteddys ragos rpg pvp map? just dropped in to let you know.
    And If what your saying about your map IS true and its awesome well ill give more credit to Doofus you say? then yourself

9. Nazra7

Nazra7

Resources:
    Resources:
    MY english isn't bad my keyboard just sucks. and I'm not the best typer.

In WoW there isn't a great way to display your rank... wow it says your rank above your head real cool. My map displays your devil wings or angel wings and with higher rank the wings get bigger. that was the main aspect in your rank is able to display it in a cool way. other then getting powerful pvp items.
    and my map does display the wings on your character correctly with one exception... for some reason the level 2 bonta wings don't work and the level 9 and 10 brakmar wings don't work. I'll try to come up with a solution for those after my beta test.

and by the way, before you say it by bigger I don't mean scaled. I actually mean abigger diffrent model. that has way more look to it.

10. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Humm? good ways to display your rank in wow is hmm set items? the pvp set items those stand out PRETTY good and another way to show your rank would be DESTROYING players with your awesome gear that you have to work hard on im guessing your ranks will take MAYBE after you hit highest level im guessing 1-3 remakes of the game?

11. Nazra7

Nazra7

Resources:
    Resources:
    anyway, I'm having problems with the dang weather effects like always. The ones I have set up in regions just like the tutorial said to , make it from the region properties and it shows up in the world editor just fine but it doesnt show up ingame. but ONE time the global rain effect showed up one time right after I reformated my computer and ever not ever since did it ever show again. and I have not installed any custom content to the wc3 directory since then. so I don't know what the heck it's problem is but if the dang weather effects would just work it would lok a whole lot better. and I don't have time to work on the map yet I have made afew beginer quests so far but I'm not done with the beginer story line. so i still have some work to do on it before I release abeta and I havent had the time to work on it rcently. i've been playing guild wars and been doing some other stuff in real life. so I won't beable to work on it for another while. this is why i've been working on it for about a year... but about a month total non stop. I've started on this project way back in december last year so. alright I got to go now see you.

12. YoshiRyu

YoshiRyu

Resources:
    Resources:
    sorry Nazra7, but you're a few blind about dofus...
    (you look like peoples who thing that MGS was the first MG...)

first, you've to understand that there is no unique features in dofus
    all features of dofus were existing before dofus on other games
    the think wich is unique in dofus is the whole game
    gameplay, background, system, etc etc

then, don't talk about originality when you just adapt rules
    and stop exiting yourself every time some one say a negative thing
    free attack is stupid, but free defense is stupid too
    dofus is not a perfect game! (and it's not your's!)

I also think you shouldn't insult the other map maker works
    small map can require a lot of works, i know what i'm talking about

other point: fight doesn't look like dofus' system
    don't say that the same system only because you adapt the spell
    ... where is the tactical "one by one" fight? it's important
    you say that you can't because it's too long, and...?
    well, maping ask for works, welcome in the map makers

last point, your map can maybe provide tons of hours of fun...
    but wc3 is not persistant, and i've never tons of hours to play

to finnish, don't forget that mapping is for fun
    adapt the rules of a game in a other one will never make you a genius
    so stop be so serious, that's really useless

13. Nazra7

Nazra7

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes yes I'm sorry shouldnt had said some stuff I did I would work on making the gam tactical it is possible I discovered but it would take avery long time to change the battle system. I'm working on it. I'll be working on it today. to make it tactical.

but you one thing is for certain this game does has alot more work into it then most maps do. all games I download are very simple and easy. MaybeI don't play enough wc3 maps from other peole becuase I"m more intrested in creation myself. maybe I look at the map and and say oh it looks like that one map i played before. and just judge things by it's cover.... even if it is that way I still had no right to say it. I'm sorry.

14. YoshiRyu

YoshiRyu

Resources:
    Resources:
    well, don't forget that many map require a lot of balancing work
    the DotA maps need a hudge balancing work on the hero, and on the ground design
    all TD wich look simple need a lot of balancing work to in order to have a correct difficulty
    that's the same for the "bonus race" rts map where all race must be balanced
    and balance is an hard and borring work

in fact, you often can't see the amount of works a map has required : terrain design, modeling, skinning, triggering, JASSing, balancing, text writting... so many things to do
    making a map is a long works with many details that players will never look at
    sample: in mine, that was very hard to manipulate 8x8 data without 2D array, but nobody can notice this point by simply playing my map

15. qwehe

qwehe

Resources:
    Resources:
    nazra7 ur terrain sux... just grass n trees

16. Warlord_HU

Warlord_HU

Resources:
    Resources:
    True, true :sad:

17. Brando550

Brando550

Resources:
    Resources:
    Man nazra i know how u feel, when i used to play runescape i was into the suggestions forum alot and i made like countless posts, all thorough, and very detailed and it barely got any responses, but all these other bad grammar poorly stated posts kept getting all the responses and it made me mad just like you were.

So if it makes you feel any better other people have had this same feeling and problem

18. Lingonberryjam

Lingonberryjam

Resources:
    Resources:
    Indeed. How well done a map is can surely be measured by how much you don't notice. In a bad map, you notice every little fault. Therefore it tends to be like: the more work you put into a map, the less cred you get in average for the work.

A shame, but true :)

19. YoshiRyu

YoshiRyu

Resources:
    Resources:
    We aren't all natural english speaker
    thanks to show a little more tolerance; we do our best!

I think exactly he same, but i didn't know how to say it in english ^^'

20. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its true i made an rpg took me about a year and a half finnaly release it i was a complete dumbass and posted the one that wasn't protected because it was late at night and i was tired from working on it next morning i see 4 or 5 rips of it saying Dumbasses orpg and all this bull shit. I quit it after it was ripped so much hard work...