• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stargate01

Reactions: xDeathKnightx
I'm assuming you know how to do the file paths for this model so I won't go into to much detail on it.

There is one texture located in the texture file and that is the only one you need to put a path for. Textures/Stargate_tx.blp
Contents

Stargate01 (Model)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 9th of October, 2007 Approval status: Approved Rating: (4) OK Main points: [x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III. [x] The model displays properly in Warcraft3 Viewer. Notices: [-] This model...

M

» Wolverabid «

Date: 9th of October, 2007
Approval status: Approved
Rating: (4) OK

Main points:
[x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III.
[x] The model displays properly in Warcraft3 Viewer.

Notices:
[-] This model includes animations or portrait and should be used ONLY as a doodad.
[-] Outrageous texture file size.

Level 3
I like the screenshot too.

Except I'm being sarcastic.

Have actual screenshot of the actual model.

Level 3
screenshots are suppose to be about the model itself.
so we know what we're downloading.. although i dont think its worth downloading, cuz a decent stargate at least needs several anims: closed, opening, open, closing. This could easily be done by using morph (so the alternate are the open anims, and the normal are the closed).. or if this is not the earth-gate but one without the metal thingies closing etc, then at least it should have an active and inactive mode..
without that I can hardly see how this could resemble a stargate.. and the lack of screenie not helping either..

Level 14
It costs a really attractive 600kb to import into a map anyways... I'll stick with the Shimmering Portal model... At least that has animations to back it up.

Perhaps I could say it looks pretty, but being useful is far more valuable than being pretty, the only holds true only when the model is really pretty with animations and cool colors...

And what the hell was I talking about again?
Oh yea... It needs help, straight up.

Level 1
Hey demoniclord, i have a question for you! I am currently trying to import your stargate.mdx file into my warcraft 3 map campaigns and when i try to apply the modle file to the shimmering portal found in the destructables, and then try to place the destructable on my map nothing appears on the screen inside the game when i test the map. My question is, how do i use this file and the other ones (the DHD and stargate blp file) in my map and have them imported succesfully?

[/img][/list][/quote][/code]

Level 2
Hey demoniclord, i have a question for you! I am currently trying to import your stargate.mdx file into my warcraft 3 map campaigns and when i try to apply the modle file to the shimmering portal found in the destructables, and then try to place the destructable on my map nothing appears on the screen inside the game when i test the map. My question is, how do i use this file and the other ones (the DHD and stargate blp file) in my map and have them imported succesfully?

I suppose that you copied and pasted the path given in the Readme ... There is a mistake in it, it's written "Textures/Stargate_tx.blp" instead of "Textures\Stargate_tx.blp" ... A friend had the same problem and it work now.

And demoniclord you should work to make a skin lighter than it, 518ko of skin for 140 of .mdx ...

Level 11
this would be perfect for the SG map im making but since it has no animation what so ever its probably best for me to just stick with shimmering portal, please someone make animation for this (there is another stargate model liket his but it doesnt have animation either)