• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(4)Volcanic Mines v1.1

(4)Volcanic Mines
Player Suggest: 1v1, 2v2
Layout: Bridges too near - smaller version, Frozen Clover.
Map Creator: Zucth

-red ver
214283-eefeb1b36c83671767d59f14482aecc1.jpg

-green ver
221101-dc42bdcd0ca74f705e46ebc886e6fb62.jpg

Map Description:
Mineral-rich volcanic valley, hurry and conquer the space before it all disappears.

Neutral Building:
12 Goldmines (all - 12500)
1 Tavern
4 Goblin Merchant
0 Goblin Lab
4 Mercenary camp -Outland

Creep Camp:
8 Green
20 Orange
4 Red [-4 base]

Information:
-Map have a size [104x104]
-was design for a 1v1 big macro map
-outland tile set with new color palette(I knew from INSEKT later that it was similar to "The Consortium" in both kind of out ring and tile color...)
-bridges use in the middle (to create choke point between base and mid expo) -may bring an interesting gameplay.
-this map has been used in ATR Cup

1.01 - fix creep aggro at the corner camp (base aggro), fill mana cap.
1.02 - add green map follow Robogoblin suggested (ATR cup)
1.1 - remove one bridge that aggro expo creep.
Previews
Contents

(4)Volcanic Mines v1.01 (Map)

(4)Volcanic Mines v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Another red map :) I agree with @INSEKT that comparisions to the The Consortium (The Consortium) seem natural. Compared to The Consortium, this map seems overall less open, which is ofc partially due to the bridges, which I guess you know, are rarely...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Another red map :) I agree with @INSEKT that comparisions to the The Consortium (The Consortium) seem natural.

Compared to The Consortium, this map seems overall less open, which is ofc partially due to the bridges, which I guess you know, are rarely a good idea. Doubling them at least mitigates some of their downsides.
Viisually there is a lot going on, maybe some areas are a bit too cluttered. But I have to say, the way the bridges are implemented is quite impressive.

With respect to gameplay, there isnt anything that stands out which I havent commented on for some of your other maps. Items, creeps are fine, and the stonebreaker ogres once again look like a good inclusion. Not much else to say. Map approved.