• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(4)Shallow Dunes V1.01

Reactions: deepstrasz
(4)Shallow Dunes
Player Suggest: 2v2
WindyWaste layout idea rework (blizzard map)
Map Creator: Zucth

201202-480d2acc4038235192412c4548ac7d43.png

Map Description:
The origins of WindyWaste. The place was once a moist ground. before the middle dune appear and turn the whole place to sink

Neutral Building:
8 Goldmines (All-12500)
1 Tavern
2 Goblin Merchant
4 Merc - Barrens (early flying units)
2 Fountain Of Mana

Creep Camp:
4 Green
14 Orange (-2base)
4 Red (-2base)

Information:
-map sized: 120x88
-lab was too strong for a cliff map idea so I use early flying merc
-small 2v2 maps, can be call 1v1 map in short
-no permanent 1,5
-push style map

1.0 - upload to hive
1.01 - update shop bug aggro + adding small aesthetic visual stuff.
Previews
Contents

(4)Shallow Dunes (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Windy waste.... I had to look it up, and yes it is one of those weird but stylish blizzard maps that are worthy of an update. Curiously, you made less red-ish map out of it ;) Other than that visually the map is not as extreme as most of your other...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Windy waste.... I had to look it up, and yes it is one of those weird but stylish blizzard maps that are worthy of an update. Curiously, you made less red-ish map out of it ;) Other than that visually the map is not as extreme as most of your other maps. Despite the central dust storm being the theme of the map, it looks rather unimpressive.

To be honest, there is not too much to say about this map.
1. It is solid, all creepcamps and itemdrops are fine.
2 The layout is also kinda unique but frankly I dont find it to be that appealing. Too many dead ends which I rarely find to be beneficial for gameplay.
3. On the other hand, the highground/lowground main bases/expansions depending on spawns are nice.
4. The creeps on the eastern shop can aggro by accident, maybe you forgot to add fences like you did on the western shop?
5. Getting an instant lvl 2 at the merc camps could be too strong.

Overall only one minor bug (easter shop), which I assume is an oversight and easily fixable. Therefore map approved.

Level 26
Windy waste.... I had to look it up, and yes it is one of those weird but stylish blizzard maps that are worthy of an update. Curiously, you made less red-ish map out of it ;) Other than that visually the map is not as extreme as most of your other maps. Despite the central dust storm being the theme of the map, it looks rather unimpressive.

To be honest, there is not too much to say about this map.
1. It is solid, all creepcamps and itemdrops are fine.
2 The layout is also kinda unique but frankly I dont find it to be that appealing. Too many dead ends which I rarely find to be beneficial for gameplay.
3. On the other hand, the highground/lowground main bases/expansions depending on spawns are nice.
4. The creeps on the eastern shop can aggro by accident, maybe you forgot to add fences like you did on the western shop?
5. Getting an instant lvl 2 at the merc camps could be too strong.

Overall only one minor bug (easter shop), which I assume is an oversight and easily fixable. Therefore map approved.
same thought I can't find a way to make another way connect from middle to the mines with it rectangle look deadend is everywhere xD. But those upground-lowground are all windywaste original idea I guess. It wasn't possible to make this competitive but with the square one or pushing map style this idea maybe worth trying.