• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(4)Lancelot v1.2

(4)Lancelot
Player Suggest: 2v2, 1v1
Layout: (4v4)Ironic Mauve in 2v2 version.
Map Creator: Zucth

Map Preview:
182369-76469a6ee94990ec9aa2304544c6aa37.png

Map Description:
An upper kingdom safe from all the enemy cover by the river. Its ground as a pawn on the chess board.

Neutral Building:
8 Goldmines (Main-13000,corner expo-12500)
2 Tavern
4 Goblin Merchant
2 Mercenary camp -Ashenvale
2 Goblin Lab -mid round
2 marketplace -mid round

Creep Camp:
18 Green
20 Orange
4 Red (base)

Information:
-Mid round [mid neutral didn't exist]
-side different neutral
-normal creeps
-expo far in the back between players [if friend = safe]
-charge 4 didn't drop from any camp in 4 players. Available from buying only.
-easy predicted where enemy goes.
-up ramp base[cliff]

++There's a WIP down in the photo down there in case you wanna asked of it.

-1.0 Map Publish on Hive
-1.01 update the lost tile, move creep a little [aggro mid side]
-1.2 a better creep route with a few different(especially for NE), +2 middle green camp so it won't be empty for early harass, easier fast expo, fix most of the aggro, rebalance goldmines value.

Creator Note:
-A normal L.summer once since I had never do it.
-mid beautiful castle on the hill just for visual.
Previews
Contents

(4)Lancelot v1.2 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
This looks like a fairly standard map to me (not just because of the tileset), except for the fact that the positions of main bases and expansions are reversed compared what I'd normally expect. It's a nice idea, but my gut feeling is that it would...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
This looks like a fairly standard map to me (not just because of the tileset), except for the fact that the positions of main bases and expansions are reversed compared what I'd normally expect. It's a nice idea, but my gut feeling is that it would work better on a smaller map.

1. There really isnt much wrong with this map, but also not too much that excites me.
2. Except for the undefended merc camp. Dont think I've seen that before, and I also dont see an immediate reason why they should be bad (except for the fact that they might irritate some players).
3. Creeps are standard (with a few expcetions) and balanced. Items are good too.
4. The playable area extends towards the edges of the map, this feel unnecessary given that the map is otherways well made visually.
5. The minimap looks really nice.
6. The map isnt really suitable for highlevel FFA gameplay, where each player normally expects and easily available natural expansion. For 2v2 I see no issues.
7. At the souther lab the pathing looks aas if shredders/sappers could be traped on the bottom right corner of the lab, if the left side of th lab is blocked by units. However it didn happen in my test, so maybe I dont fully understand yet how neutral units spawn when bought.

Map approved.

Edit: Ok maybe the map is smaller than I realized. The layout could just fine then.