1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

3D Model Viewer

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by GhostWolf, Mar 24, 2014.

1. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is the end.

No one actually still cares about the viewer, not Ralle, not any of you, and not me.

It's been too many years. Ultimately no one cares about any of my code, but rather variations of it in other projects. So that's it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  2. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You are putting words in my mouth. You know what I’m doing. Porting the site to XF2. Your viewer is very important to me and Hive. I’m just so busy with family and the house that updating things on the current site is low priority so I can finish this migration as fast as possible. I’m sorry if this comes off as not caring.

3. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The rep you receive on a regular basis for your hard work shows that it does not get unnoticed.

4. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Last version is

- Changed and fixed some small things that bothered me for a long time.
    - Remade the camera, so you could have a proper camera if you'll make a new client (supports orbiting, FPS, and look-at).

I am not putting words in anyone's mouth, in fact words matter to me far less than actions in the first place. If you want to see a project that people care about, go help with HiveWE. You don't need to be defensive, this isn't any kind of accusation or attack, it's simply the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts, but people move on.

Good luck.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  5. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @GhostWolf , could you place in the first post a link or tutorial about how to use your viewer in other web server? I've searched in the thread and no link is available.

6. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There is some information on the github readme, and a simple example in the examples folder. Although come to think about it, maybe the example will not work now because I forgot to update it for the new camera. It still gives you the general idea, but doesn't show how to load an MDX for the reason mentioned a few posts ago.
    I could update the readme and/or example if you want to use it.
    If someone provides a Blizzard-free model, I may be persuaded to add more examples, like actual MDX loading, camera setups, etc.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  7. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, the problem with "actions > words" is that it's not always easy to show. You kinda have to trust in words, at that point.

So I can't 'show' you that I use your Model Editor nearly every day, for every model I look at, often multiple times per model to really cement it in my brain. I also can't 'show' you how your Model Editor has, in a roundabout way, made me a better & more successful modder.

See, I like to have custom resources, but I don't like to make a big deal about Requesting. So instead I've spent a great deal of time around the (Model) Resource forums, reviewing & posting (often at length) about custom models I enjoy, & enticing artists to enter into collaboration with me.

Thing is, I'm the kind of the guy that if there's even the tiniest obstacle to my doing something, I tend not to do it. If I had to download every model & test it, even in Magos (not even the World Editor proper), that amount of 'work' alone would almost certainly have quashed my drive to test & review models. Just simply not enough time/motivation. And in a world without your Model Viewer, that's exactly what would've happened; nothing.

So while I can't 'show' you any of that, I hope you'll trust me when I say: Thank You for coding & maintaining that awexome Model Viewer.

8. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  9. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That is the one.

10. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Updated the readme and example, and added an example orbiting camera. Unfortunately I have no model, so there is no proper client example.