• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Scourge of Lordaeron Enhanced (MAJOR UPDATE)

MAJOR UPDATE!
This is a complete rewamp of my previous human campaign (yeah it was pretty awfull, but it was my first time :D)
In this campaign you will find this:
- Heroes (and creatures) Level Cap raised to 20
- Lots of custom units(Humans, Creeps, Undeads, with new models)
- Lots of new custom Items
- Item combine system, Explore the map to find all the items and combine them to achieve true power!
- Lots of custom ability, majority of them is created via triggers!
- Some new side quests!
- Lots of custom upgrades!
- No 45 seconds divine shield for Arthas!

- Falric will accompany you throughout the Campaign (And this time he's a Hero)
- Combo abilities: a few Abilities can be combined with others to create a more powerfull effect!
- 4 Different difficulties: Easy, Normal, Hard and Nightmare

Nightmare
difficulty:
If you fell like a champion and want to push over your limits, you can play Nightmare difficulty! Nightmare is not just Hard difficulty but harder, Nightmare changes the gameplay of all levels, adding new features like new Abilities, upgrades, units, mechanisms, quests and other stuff that you will only see in this difficulty, however, i suggest to first play the campaign in Hard difficulty before passing to Nightmare, also, finishing a chapter in Nightmare will reward you with a special item in the next one. Everything Colored in purple is Nightmare-related. For winning in this difficulty you'll need to try several times to find the perfect strategy OR being very strong at Warcraft xD
Thanks to teozamait for the idea and thanks to TERRY MCDONALD for the map base.

Credits:

bigapple90, Mythic, PrinceOfFame, Stefan.K, tillinghast, zbc, Mc !, TheKaldorei, Novart, CRAZYRUSSIAN, D.O.G.
The_Silent, ChaoticHunter, Kimbo, Nash, BLazeKraze, Static, -BerZeKeR-, Misha, Wildfire, Illidan_09, Uncle Fester
Wandering Soul, Murlocologist, Wandering Soul, Lelling, IamMclovin, Sopho, NFWar, Mister_Haudrauf, -Berz-, stonneash,
CreatorD3292, General Frank, 67chrome, SexYFrostWyrM, Amigurumi, Maxwell, Darkfang, LifeguardLeroy, Mephestrial
Dionesiist, loktar, alfredx_sotn, Marcos DAB, Sopho, Direfury, Eagle XI, HappyTauren, 4eNNightmare, Daelin, The_Silent
Callahan, leetslay, MN Lahmar, kola, Champara Bros, apaka, WhiteDeath, DeuceGorgon, Anvil, Galadgod,
HappyCockroach, Paultaker, Pvt.Toma, bu3ny, Static, Stanakin, Storm_hih, Dionesiist, Callahan, exN, Ujimasa Hojo
Tamplier777, Muoteck, D.ee, Captain_Rufar, The Panda, PrinceYaser, Sin'dorei300, BogdanKry, Tranquil, San, kola
Juice_F, Infinitynexus, Marcos DAB, Mike, JollyD, HerrDave, Sheyd, Scias, Norinrad, KelThuzad, 67chrome, Evolving
SkriK, Sun gate, ~Nightmare, CRAZYRUSSIAN, Kuhneghetz, graystuff111, NightStalker, Mr.Goblin, Ice, BLazeKraze, xYours Trulyx
OgeRfaCes, Paladon, morbent, Dmazzz, Tenebrae, frEAk49, Infrisios, Hemske, EternalOne, DragonOfTheNight, viiva, Hadeis
Chucky,PeeKay,Pyritie,-Grendel, Remixer, plazma019, Uncle Fester, purparisien, asailant, Dristitia, PeeKay, bu3ny,Kitabatake
4eNNightmare,BLazeKraze,NO-Bloody-Name, HerrDave,Fuzzyfury,San,Artork312,Tarrasque,Chaosy, Pyramidhe@d, Venom, Jab1z
Redsteel1,bu3ny,JollyD,Paladon,RavenBlackbird,Sellenisko, Kenathorn,AlienArsonist,Trill, Rhapsodie
Previews
Contents

The Scourge of Lordaeron Enhanced (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Upon recent reviews, evaluation and ongoing updates, the map will be moved to Approved.
Level 2
This campaign is too good it will be too good and fun if all of warcraft3 story hard like that

Level 2
I always wanted a WC3 campaign but harder and with more stuff in it. Was expecting a reforged to be good, but... Gonna def try it out.

Level 29
Huh, could you please tell me why I am among the credited individuals?

I still haven't played this campaign so I couldn't have given a review to help you improve it, I haven't created any icon, skin or model as of yet and I played no role in developing this.

I hope you don't feel offended by this, but I am just confused by this. I just feel like I am unworthy of being among those that have had the honor of playing a role in creating this campaign.

Level 23
Maps | HIVE
The link above shows the list of substandard campaigns, which Blizzard campaign edits comprise more than 50%, which may point out how hard it is to get them approved.

I personally do not think that Tzeo's Human RoC campaign should have been approved in the first place, so I am naturally biased towards thinking this campaign does not either when you say he inspired you.

There are high requirements for originality for map approval. Maybe consider just making a custom campaign that is not based on the blizzard campaign? I feel like Hive needs fresh new stuff, and not just recycled blizzard campaigns we have seen for the last 18 years.

When I see you saying you already almost finished the UD RoC campaign edit, I have in my mind you are pushing out campaign edits like a factory.

Regardless of how I feel, good luck with your project, though I hope you will move towards making a custom campaign not blizzard-related.

Level 2

I still haven't played this campaign so I couldn't have given a review to help you improve it, I haven't created any icon, skin or model as of yet and I played no role in developing this.

I hope you don't feel offended by this, but I am just confused by this. I just feel like I am unworthy of being among those that have had the honor of playing a role in creating this campaign.
Let me tell you that every one that play the campaign and give his feedback has given a help in creating the campaign and improving it and maybe you give him a feedback in one his campaign

Last edited:
Level 13

ops... man i have confused all the credits... i'm gonna fix them now sorry

Level 2
Hi there some bugs falric after watch start I see falric in water near broken bridge in chapter 4 after that i start skipping and in chapter 3 antonidas is ghost not a human please fix this bugs

Level 13
Maps | HIVE
The link above shows the list of substandard campaigns, which Blizzard campaign edits comprise more than 50%, which may point out how hard it is to get them approved.

I personally do not think that Tzeo's Human RoC campaign should have been approved in the first place, so I am naturally biased towards thinking this campaign does not either when you say he inspired you.

There are high requirements for originality for map approval. Maybe consider just making a custom campaign that is not based on the blizzard campaign? I feel like Hive needs fresh new stuff, and not just recycled blizzard campaigns we have seen for the last 18 years.

When I see you saying you already almost finished the UD RoC campaign edit, I have in my mind you are pushing out campaign edits like a factory.

Regardless of how I feel, good luck with your project, though I hope you will move towards making a custom campaign not blizzard-related.

Well, maybe you are right, but i haven't seen any recycled RoC/TFT campaign except for the teozamait Human campaign and Terry's one(dunno, maybe i have just searched bad), but Teozamait stopped at Human Campaign and Terry's has changed very few things, i want to use the old story but with a new experience, if it won't be approved i won't be mad, at least i tried and probably will start doing a completly new campaign, despite my love for editing the original ones.

Also, the Undead campaign is almost ready but i started doing it much time ago, originally i didn't thought to publish my human campaign, i was just modding it for fun myself, i know it seems strange but it's the truth, then i moved to the undead campaign putting more effort on it and "finishing" it like 1 week ago, so i decided to try to publish this one after testing it one last time(also, my dumbass skipped some cutscenes so i have to fix some of them).

Level 13
Hi there some bugs falric after watch start I see falric in water near broken bridge in chapter 4 after that i start skipping and in chapter 3 antonidas is ghost not a human please fix this bugs
Fixed thanks

Level 2
Kinda stuck in chapter 4 (the cult of the damned), massive attack with the hero even before the first racks are finished is brutal :D
Also if you watch the entering trailer till the end falric doesn't spawn.

Level 13
Kinda stuck in chapter 4 (the cult of the damned), massive attack with the hero even before the first racks are finished is brutal :D
Also if you watch the entering trailer till the end falric doesn't spawn.
Yeah i know its brutal, but i've made it (had to sacrifice jaina but whatever...:D, Arthas is way more powerfull), maybe i will nerf a little the enemy hero if others will find it too difficult, also i have fixed Falric's spawn.

Level 2
Yeah i know its brutal, but i've made it (had to sacrifice jaina but whatever...:D, Arthas is way more powerfull), maybe i will nerf a little the enemy hero if others will find it too difficult, also i have fixed Falric's spawn.
Yeah I managed the first "wave", but the second one gets me :D Also my Arthas is super thicc (fully explored previous maps). Cool thing is that you can choose different skills each time, I think I have an idea how to beat this mission now :)

Level 10
Yes this is the standard RoC story but each level feels almost completely different with everything that has been done with new units, the heroes, and new and unique mobs and just the placements of those mobs. It in my opinion is better than some of those other sub standard remakes.
Anyways good job I look forward to the undead one.

Also it seems Falrics "Heroic Sacrifice" does not trigger sometimes when he dies around footman.

Level 38
Ok i have Updated the Campaign, added new models for Human units and a bunch of new icons, also what you mean with "give RoC textures to sorceress and priest"? Haven't they got the same texture as in TFT??
Nope. In FT they have red and darker clothes, because they are blood elves now. In RC, they have white and golden
150599-4622e434b4b021ec4c1583ab1be38025.gif

full

FZ
150601-a728850897f0edfb147dad382dc68255.gif

08ad9662971bc4e2b921cb441a84d4ea.jpg

ROC

Level 5
Chapter 1 to Chapter 3 i finished it with a little trouble. on Chapter 4 it really is hell, the dreadlord only use sleep on Arthas and whole thing is in trouble, on attack they always bring a massive skeleton troop, i think you must nerf them a little bit or change the hero to a lich or a deathknight. also in the beginning of chapter 4 i lost my 1st slot item and exchanged with murky shield which i dont take in previous level and it is really annoying any idea why?
overall this is a good campaign so far, hope you finished the undead campaign i really look forward to it.:peasant-thumbs-up:

Level 13
Chapter 1 to Chapter 3 i finished it with a little trouble. on Chapter 4 it really is hell, the dreadlord only use sleep on Arthas and whole thing is in trouble, on attack they always bring a massive skeleton troop, i think you must nerf them a little bit or change the hero to a lich or a deathknight. also in the beginning of chapter 4 i lost my 1st slot item and exchanged with murky shield which i dont take in previous level and it is really annoying any idea why?
overall this is a good campaign so far, hope you finished the undead campaign i really look forward to it.:peasant-thumbs-up:
Strange... Murky shield is an item that shouldn't be obtainable, it was dropped by Murky in the third chapter, but it was bugged and i couldn't find a solution so i removed it, what item do you have in the first slot?

Also for removing sleep from arthas just attack Arthas with jaina or some ranged unit, anyway i will nerf the Undead now thanks for playing :D

Level 5
Strange... Murky shield is an item that shouldn't be obtainable, it was dropped by Murky in the third chapter, but it was bugged and i couldn't find a solution so i removed it, what item do you have in the first slot?

i don't even pick it at chapter 3. it just strangely appear at my backpack at chapter 4 maybe because i kill him?. the item i have is true orb of fire from searinox.

Also for removing sleep from arthas just attack Arthas with jaina or some ranged unit, anyway i will nerf the Undead now thanks for playing
have trying that and sadly most of my units die before even succeed :(
oh yeah i forget about this. disease cloud can block unit. i have a group of murlocs with disease cloud surrounding Arthas and when they die Arthas Stuck at the center luckily it only last 5 second but still annoying tho.

Level 13
i don't even pick it at chapter 3. it just strangely appear at my backpack at chapter 4 maybe because i kill him?. the item i have is true orb of fire from searinox.

have trying that and sadly most of my units die before even succeed :(
I have removed that item from that level, hope that will fix it, anyway in that chapter there are a few powerfull items to pick up ;)

In that chapter is normal that the starting units die, just try to save falric and build many defensive towers, also upgrade them.

Level 3
And so I went through this campaign without cheats (according to version 1), it was very cool and difficult, in principle I liked everything, but there are a couple of things.

The last Chapter is very simple and boring, you can go through it using only the hero, I think it's worth complicating it. I also did not like the Chapter with stratholm, it is too long and boring, you can cheat in it (the enemy only goes to my hero, I put workers on both ends of the map and constantly teleport).

Soon I will post a video of how I passed on my channel and you will be able to watch these moments)

Level 9
Played on Warcraft 1.31.1. I use iseedeadpeople cheat when playing this

Again this Review does contain Spoilers.

Mission 1:

Holy light level 5 spell also says welalaa. Devotion Aura level 4 and level 5 also say Level 3. I presume they work as intended when leveled up enough. Holy Slam does 50% movement and 50% attack slow at level 1? maybe do it 10% each and increase it per level. Doesn't Arthas' holy light spell work from way too far?
I think you put too many tomes here an there. Like i'm practically a level 6 hero now.

Mission 2:

Why did Falric change clothing? Why is Uther level 6?
> After using Iseedeadpeople cheat
Holy fuck..... A bit pushing it dude. Just a little lmao.
Superior Footman upgrade doesn't upgrade the already trained Footman.
Orcs attack in too large amounts early on. They only attack the top part of your base. And its the same attack. No variation.
Main villian is called baldestorm. I presume his name should be bladestorm? Also why level 10? Considering how this level works why not make him level 15.
At level 5 im now stronger than a level 10 hero... lmao
I was wondering why Arthas was attacking so fast. Like there was no buff yet he was attacking much faster than normal. Than i realized that he just had too many agility tomes taken.
The True Orb of Fire increase Strength plus 1 but Strength is spelled as Strenght,
I now have a full set of 6 powerful items.
Im guessing i kill both Cenarius and Archimonde at the end of this campaign.
There is also so glitch/clipping issue or whatever. Basically the small hill sorta stops their movement from going down and up. I have to manually click each unit for this to be successful. Make the entrance bigger. Much bigger. This is at the top left where the ogres are.

Mission 3:

I have a Captain and a Falric?
There is a robe of magi in the beginning. You want me to get the mortar at the end and go back all the way to the beginning?
Part of the problem with Tomes is that no one would give anyone besides Arthas tomes. Since he's the only one at the end. Maybe force some tomes on Jaina and in the future muradin.
Bonry doesn't give us anything....

Mission 4:

Im missing my first item for Arthas which was my Orb of Fire.....
This happened for previous missions as well but why do i have to level up from the start? Like why doesn't it remember?
Killing a level 10 Dreadlord giving a meager exp
Just say Allow's Priest to use Holy Light ability. No need to add that its a paladin's ability.
Level 4 elemental upgrade says 900 hit points but has 1200 hit points. Also damage says is 49-59 but actually is 51-59
Armored Soldiers cost a ridiculous amount of Lumber.
The welalaa disappeared. Maybe it disappeared earlier but im not sure.
Why does the enemy base have 2 halls of the dead looking shit.
Kelthuzad's cinematic isn't skippable. when you first meet in this mission.
Baron Felblade. A lvl 15 hero isn't spell immune. Using holy light on him makes him practically a joke.
Mask of death and Mask of Madness looks the same. Also if you threaten that you shouldn't pick up this item than you should be unable to drop it as well.
No point in including stuff like Ankh of reincarnation or ressuruction scroll when we can take out time to attack kelthuzad. Item's like these should be found before we are capable of destroying the base.

Mission 5:

If Jaina comes back don't empty her inventory.
Wizard looks too much like hero. His Icon is the same as well.
Research Hman Speed. At the altar of kings.
When you hover over superior footman training it should say will unlock Elite Footman training. I was scratching my head wondering where the hell do i research this.
You should let us take control of Uther so we can counterattack instead of simply surviving.

Mission 6:

It's called the Culling at mission select but Vengeance during loading screen.
heavly armor. At Iron Edification.
Mal'Ganis' attacks arent hard enough. The mission was too easy and quite tedious. Just ended up doing whosyourdaddy.
Placing the Demonic figurine behind Mal'Ganis' base? Why?

Mission 7:

Only Jaina's items get dropped. Uther's item remains.
The Disease cannot be walked through. So my hero is stuck.
I've noticed this before but all these insanely high level Creeps aren't spell immune. It really makes it too easy.
Bad mission tbh. Mal'Ganis keeps attacking can't defend your base for long enough. Too much new shit to experiment over. Iron Construct aint worth it imo.
Got bored. Who's your daddy way through.

Mission 8:

Personally remove time restrictions. Allow us the freedom to destroy everything.
I hate time restricted missions tbh and i their is simply not enough time to do everything.
Once again as strong as Arthas is their is simply no way to compensate.

Mission 9:

Constantly being attacked every 5 seconds no time to build your defenses.
Honestly this mission has a lot of neat aspects but is too improperly imbalanced to enjoy it properly. Yes it was awesome killing everything with Arthas but he literally is the only thing that is capable of beating any waves. Hell he beat a wave solo.

OVERALL:

This map is hella unbalanced. But thats not necessarily a bad thing for most of the part. I really enjoyed how chaotic this stuff its kind of funny. A lot of shit does not work but so much shit does. Its actually kind of funny. I think this is a decent campaign but with many issues to boot. But most of these issues are for you rather than against you so at the very least you can keep moving forward in the campaign.

Some things i feel you should change. You have too much. Here's what i think you should do. Instead of having multiple different type of units of the same class. Upgrade your existing units instead. Footman should become armored soldiers, Mortar teams should become cannoners, Rifleman = Sniperman. Knights = Light Paladins, Siege tanks = iron construct. Alot of the previous units pretty much become obselete.

Please do not Tint your units to show advanced stages. Like I liked the new models you used. Instead of turning Blue or Red you should change the model to showcase a different type of unit.

Also a bonus. Level 20/10 Should unlock Spell immunity. True Rune brace was really useful because it made Arthas Spell immune but besides that it had quite weak bonuses.

Overall i think this barely gets away with a 3/5. Worth playing to see just how broken you can make Arthas lmao. Please make the last 3 missions slightly easier. So we can plan around instead.

Level 13
Played on Warcraft 1.31.1. I use iseedeadpeople cheat when playing this

Again this Review does contain Spoilers.

Mission 1:

Holy light level 5 spell also says welalaa. Devotion Aura level 4 and level 5 also say Level 3. I presume they work as intended when leveled up enough. Holy Slam does 50% movement and 50% attack slow at level 1? maybe do it 10% each and increase it per level. Doesn't Arthas' holy light spell work from way too far?
I think you put too many tomes here an there. Like i'm practically a level 6 hero now.

Mission 2:

Why did Falric change clothing? Why is Uther level 6?
> After using Iseedeadpeople cheat
Holy fuck..... A bit pushing it dude. Just a little lmao.
Superior Footman upgrade doesn't upgrade the already trained Footman.
Orcs attack in too large amounts early on. They only attack the top part of your base. And its the same attack. No variation.
Main villian is called baldestorm. I presume his name should be bladestorm? Also why level 10? Considering how this level works why not make him level 15.
At level 5 im now stronger than a level 10 hero... lmao
I was wondering why Arthas was attacking so fast. Like there was no buff yet he was attacking much faster than normal. Than i realized that he just had too many agility tomes taken.
The True Orb of Fire increase Strength plus 1 but Strength is spelled as Strenght,
I now have a full set of 6 powerful items.
Im guessing i kill both Cenarius and Archimonde at the end of this campaign.
There is also so glitch/clipping issue or whatever. Basically the small hill sorta stops their movement from going down and up. I have to manually click each unit for this to be successful. Make the entrance bigger. Much bigger. This is at the top left where the ogres are.

Mission 3:

I have a Captain and a Falric?
There is a robe of magi in the beginning. You want me to get the mortar at the end and go back all the way to the beginning?
Part of the problem with Tomes is that no one would give anyone besides Arthas tomes. Since he's the only one at the end. Maybe force some tomes on Jaina and in the future muradin.
Bonry doesn't give us anything....

Mission 4:

Im missing my first item for Arthas which was my Orb of Fire.....
This happened for previous missions as well but why do i have to level up from the start? Like why doesn't it remember?
Killing a level 10 Dreadlord giving a meager exp
Just say Allow's Priest to use Holy Light ability. No need to add that its a paladin's ability.
Level 4 elemental upgrade says 900 hit points but has 1200 hit points. Also damage says is 49-59 but actually is 51-59
Armored Soldiers cost a ridiculous amount of Lumber.
The welalaa disappeared. Maybe it disappeared earlier but im not sure.
Why does the enemy base have 2 halls of the dead looking shit.
Kelthuzad's cinematic isn't skippable. when you first meet in this mission.
Baron Felblade. A lvl 15 hero isn't spell immune. Using holy light on him makes him practically a joke.
Mask of death and Mask of Madness looks the same. Also if you threaten that you shouldn't pick up this item than you should be unable to drop it as well.
No point in including stuff like Ankh of reincarnation or ressuruction scroll when we can take out time to attack kelthuzad. Item's like these should be found before we are capable of destroying the base.

Mission 5:

If Jaina comes back don't empty her inventory.
Wizard looks too much like hero. His Icon is the same as well.
Research Hman Speed. At the altar of kings.
When you hover over superior footman training it should say will unlock Elite Footman training. I was scratching my head wondering where the hell do i research this.
You should let us take control of Uther so we can counterattack instead of simply surviving.

Mission 6:

It's called the Culling at mission select but Vengeance during loading screen.
heavly armor. At Iron Edification.
Mal'Ganis' attacks arent hard enough. The mission was too easy and quite tedious. Just ended up doing whosyourdaddy.
Placing the Demonic figurine behind Mal'Ganis' base? Why?

Mission 7:

Only Jaina's items get dropped. Uther's item remains.
The Disease cannot be walked through. So my hero is stuck.
I've noticed this before but all these insanely high level Creeps aren't spell immune. It really makes it too easy.
Bad mission tbh. Mal'Ganis keeps attacking can't defend your base for long enough. Too much new shit to experiment over. Iron Construct aint worth it imo.
Got bored. Who's your daddy way through.

Mission 8:

Personally remove time restrictions. Allow us the freedom to destroy everything.
I hate time restricted missions tbh and i their is simply not enough time to do everything.
Once again as strong as Arthas is their is simply no way to compensate.

Mission 9:

Constantly being attacked every 5 seconds no time to build your defenses.
Honestly this mission has a lot of neat aspects but is too improperly imbalanced to enjoy it properly. Yes it was awesome killing everything with Arthas but he literally is the only thing that is capable of beating any waves. Hell he beat a wave solo.

OVERALL:

This map is hella unbalanced. But thats not necessarily a bad thing for most of the part. I really enjoyed how chaotic this stuff its kind of funny. A lot of shit does not work but so much shit does. Its actually kind of funny. I think this is a decent campaign but with many issues to boot. But most of these issues are for you rather than against you so at the very least you can keep moving forward in the campaign.

Some things i feel you should change. You have too much. Here's what i think you should do. Instead of having multiple different type of units of the same class. Upgrade your existing units instead. Footman should become armored soldiers, Mortar teams should become cannoners, Rifleman = Sniperman. Knights = Light Paladins, Siege tanks = iron construct. Alot of the previous units pretty much become obselete.

Please do not Tint your units to show advanced stages. Like I liked the new models you used. Instead of turning Blue or Red you should change the model to showcase a different type of unit.

Also a bonus. Level 20/10 Should unlock Spell immunity. True Rune brace was really useful because it made Arthas Spell immune but besides that it had quite weak bonuses.

Overall i think this barely gets away with a 3/5. Worth playing to see just how broken you can make Arthas lmao. Please make the last 3 missions slightly easier. So we can plan around instead.
So the summary of all this is some grammatical/text errors, Arthas being too strong and too many tomes? Arthas is powerfull on purpose, his holy slam is powerfull on purpose and throught the campaign you make him more powerfull by using items and picking tomes(and don't worry Cenarius and Archimonde will be more powerfull too), i put some random items on mostly each map just in case your arthas has free inventory slot, i mean, why don't pick up an Ankh if you have a free slot? Also i can't put spell immunity on Arthas, it would become invincible, on the final mission he's strong enough to defende the base alone and if i put spell immunity to enemy heroes it would become too difficult, also why the previous units become obsolete? I mean, rifleman got an extra upgrade that speeds up their attack rate, so they become more powerfull, Knights with "Knight Honor" become much stronger, ok maybe the mortar team and the siege tanks aren't very usefull, but i tried to make every unit worth using it. Also for the minor issues like "why arthas doesn't remember his ability", thats just because at the time i was learning how to do many things(this is my first campaign), and i didn't understood how to make Arthas remember his abilities, then i learned how but decided to leave it like this because who knows, maybe you want change his abilities in the firsts chapters. Anyway i will change and fix a couple of things(like Bondry who doesn't drop anything, i forgot him :D).

Level 9
I do like your campaign. I hope you aren't dettered by this. But I'm also criticizing your balancing. Yes Rifleman become more powerful. But at the same you unlock Sniperman as well. Which in turn practically makes Rifleman useless. Yeah they can shoot faster but sniperman have 4x the range and 4x the damage?

Also what you mean free slot? You give us an astounding amount of items. Why would i give Arthas an Ankh when you give us stuff like 20 bonus damage and destroys everyone.

I can understand not putting spell immunity on certain enemies. But you should put them on Mal'Ganis, And those Boss level creep that are nearly level 20. In a sense This makes the enemy have a more dominating presence.

Knights are actually fine tbh. You don't have to replace. But some just become obselete. All the tower guards are practically useless next to the advanced tower.

I understand that this is your first campaign. And i do like the campaign. People including me have given lower scores to other people's maps who weren't making maps for the first time.

I am also looking forward to your future campaigns. Please do not feel down. I am looking forward to playing path of the damn enhanced as well.

Level 13
I do like your campaign. I hope you aren't dettered by this. But I'm also criticizing your balancing. Yes Rifleman become more powerful. But at the same you unlock Sniperman as well. Which in turn practically makes Rifleman useless. Yeah they can shoot faster but sniperman have 4x the range and 4x the damage?

Also what you mean free slot? You give us an astounding amount of items. Why would i give Arthas an Ankh when you give us stuff like 20 bonus damage and destroys everyone.

I can understand not putting spell immunity on certain enemies. But you should put them on Mal'Ganis, And those Boss level creep that are nearly level 20. In a sense This makes the enemy have a more dominating presence.

Knights are actually fine tbh. You don't have to replace. But some just become obselete. All the tower guards are practically useless next to the advanced tower.

I understand that this is your first campaign. And i do like the campaign. People including me have given lower scores to other people's maps who weren't making maps for the first time.

I am also looking forward to your future campaigns. Please do not feel down. I am looking forward to playing path of the damn enhanced as well.
Nah' i'm not dettered, you wrote a papyrus of a review xD, the undead campaign is already out, give it a try and i'm working on the Orc campaign now

Level 7
this feels like a waste of time all the units i have are usles it takes 15000 gold and 30000 lumber to upgrade all units and they are still trash its just a waste of time u only win with heros no matter how hard u upgrade the untis wtf snipers ranged cost 75 lumber ? and the trash mele unit with 800 hp costs 300 lumber or 200 ? he is magic immune its usles cause i need him to eat damge just too much units why have 2 mortars ? the new ones killed my units more then the undead its just a hero cricus footman with 100 damge the last ones i think but still they get one shot from frost worms with 250 chaos damge ? this is not hard im telling you this is stupiud u have to wait for 40 mns to get all upgrades just too many and they are too expensive u cant spam special barracks because they cost 300 gold and lumber the upgrades for trash footman only so they become less trashier are so fking expensive just too much where is one suposed to get the gold ? 33 uprgade for every unit it just nonsense what's the use i ended most chapters with arthas alone and left a building so i dont win and go tresaure hunting ... and in that meanwhile i was upgrading the game was over like 30 mns ago and i didint get all upgrade what the meaning of having 33 upgrade ? they cost alot they take tons of time u cant build army if u use upgrade its just bothersome the big fking seige ghouls are immune to magic wtf and they go staight for towers not only that they go for buildings u cant do sheit without the hero he holds the base and he strikes the units are trash toon down the attack waves and make less upgrades but better ones and make them cost less wtf their untis start with 5 upgrades on damge and armor ? and i have footman that does 13-14 damge ? at start what is that ? its boring fix it please i only won with arthas with all the items and tomes the rest of my army is trash

Level 13
this feels like a waste of time all the units i have are usles it takes 15000 gold and 30000 lumber to upgrade all units and they are still trash its just a waste of time u only win with heros no matter how hard u upgrade the untis wtf snipers ranged cost 75 lumber ? and the trash mele unit with 800 hp costs 300 lumber or 200 ? he is magic immune its usles cause i need him to eat damge just too much units why have 2 mortars ? the new ones killed my units more then the undead its just a hero cricus footman with 100 damge the last ones i think but still they get one shot from frost worms with 250 chaos damge ? this is not hard im telling you this is stupiud u have to wait for 40 mns to get all upgrades just too many and they are too expensive u cant spam special barracks because they cost 300 gold and lumber the upgrades for trash footman only so they become less trashier are so fking expensive just too much where is one suposed to get the gold ? 33 uprgade for every unit it just nonsense what's the use i ended most chapters with arthas alone and left a building so i dont win and go tresaure hunting ... and in that meanwhile i was upgrading the game was over like 30 mns ago and i didint get all upgrade what the meaning of having 33 upgrade ? they cost alot they take tons of time u cant build army if u use upgrade its just bothersome the big fking seige ghouls are immune to magic wtf and they go staight for towers not only that they go for buildings u cant do sheit without the hero he holds the base and he strikes the units are trash toon down the attack waves and make less upgrades but better ones and make them cost less wtf their untis start with 5 upgrades on damge and armor ? and i have footman that does 13-14 damge ? at start what is that ? its boring fix it please i only won with arthas with all the items and tomes the rest of my army is trash
Yo use some commas please, this campaign style is this, many upgrades for units, if you use normal footmans they will be slaughtered, why do you think i putted Superior,Elite and Champion footmans? Armored Soldiers cost a lot because they are powerfull, the fact that they are immune to spell makes them perfect tanks(you can cast holy light on them), of COURSE you have to upgrade them, maybe its true that u need some time to upgrade them all, also this isn't starcraft, you don't need to spam Advanced Barracks, also Cannoners are NOT for killing units but for destroying bases at very long rage(or kill mages if you are good enough to not kill ur units), also i doubt that you win with only arthas, i tried this entire campaign more times, its true that u can defend your base with arthas alone in the final chapters(but not always), but winning with only arthas its impossible, also i didn't understood half of your comment.

any chanelog for todays update?

any chanelog for todays update?
Nah i just fixed some texts and added a drop from Bonry in chapter 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Yo use some commas please, this campaign style is this, many upgrades for units, if you use normal footmans they will be slaughtered, why do you think i putted Superior,Elite and Champion footmans? Armored Soldiers cost a lot because they are powerfull, the fact that they are immune to spell makes them perfect tanks(you can cast holy light on them), of COURSE you have to upgrade them, maybe its true that u need some time to upgrade them all, also this isn't starcraft, you don't need to spam Advanced Barracks, also Cannoners are NOT for killing units but for destroying bases at very long rage(or kill mages if you are good enough to not kill ur units), also i doubt that you win with only arthas, i tried this entire campaign more times, its true that u can defend your base with arthas alone in the final chapters(but not always), but winning with only arthas its impossible, also i didn't understood half of your comment.
as i said before its takes too much gold to and time to get to champion footman and its boring to wait nor do we have the recources for it make less upgrades or give most of them otherwise its boring to just stand still in base for 35 mns doing upgrades that wont do much

Level 1
When i end the third level i can't start the 4th, i get sent back to the level selection menù, and when i try to start it from there it still doesn't work

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. Falric's auras should have passive icons. Can be made so with:
    Button Manager v1.8.2
    BLP Lab v0.5.0
  2. Same with Armored.
  3. Defend should not be on Falric if he can't use it yet. OK, in the second chapter it's removed.
  4. Why Darkspear trolls in Lordaeron?
  5. Holy Slam is just Thunder Clap...
  6. Research Base and Blacksmith have the same icon.
  7. Should use the Berserker ability so that Footmen already trained will turn to superior ones.
  8. Again... Darkspear trolls don't make lore sense in Lordaeron at this time.
  9. The big ziggurat needs a bigger selection circle.
  10. The game cache doesn't seem to work. I skipped all cinematics, just in case it has anything to do with it. Arthas and Jaina don't get the items they had in previous missions and you have to choose their spells again.
  11. The murlocs should have the lowest camp range otherwise they attack your buildings if you build near the ramp.
  12. Pretty lame to replace Inner Fire with Holy Light. Makes Arthas' spell non-unique.
  13. Can't skip the scene where you meet Kel'thuzad.
  14. Why is Uther in the Culling as a playable hero?
  15. This chapter's gameplay has just become generic.. kill stuff around. Ultra boring to just kill stuff lying about.
  16. Upgrade Cannon has the same icon as the Long Rifles upgrade.
  17. Stun Shot has the icon of the ranged upgrade, 2nd or 3rd tier.
  18. Knight Honor's icon=Knight's.
  19. Firebolt and Frostbol are the same spell basically.
  20. Like it that you removed the ogres from Northrend but added the Darkspear in Lordaeron.
  21. The Engineer's position now is under the Peasant.
  22. Human Attack's icon=Mihtril Swords.
  23. Can't skip the last cinematic with Arthas and Mal'Ganis.
So, while the edit isn't that bad, it's not on par with teozamait's.

Substandard.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Shar Dundred
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 12
Hi, this is my review for this custom campaign, i just read right now you are working on a big rework, maybe my review can help you with that, anyway, i played this on War3 version 1.31
I am gonna talk a bit about every chapter:

~ Cinematic "The Warning"

Bug: After i finished watching the cinematic it didn't continue to the next mission, it just gave me the victory end screen and i had to click on the next mission myself, it should go to the next chapter automatically.

~ Chapter one "The Defense of Strahnbrad"

It was nice, i liked all the new mobs, the new enemy units and the orc hero!

Bug: The only problem i had was the fact that the mission didn't end after i killed the Slave Master and his guards, so i had to use the cheat "Allyourbasearebelongtous" in order to progress to the next mission, something must have bugged out with the victory trigger.
I tried to replicate the bug by replaying the mission but i couldn't do it, not sure why it happened the first time.

~ Chapter two "Blackrock & Roll"

For some reason this chapter has a different name from the original one, but even when i start the mission, the chapter name in the game when you click f9 is called "Blackrock & Roll" so i am not sure why it has a different name in the campaign interface.
who.png

This mission was even better than the first, holy shit, so many creeps on the map, one of them even dropped mask of death lol, mask of death from mission 2 let's go haha.
The orc attack waves were pretty vicious too, when i first saw that first attack wave of like 10 grunts, 6 raiders and one lvl 5 Far Seer, i had only 5 footman to defend i think :D it was a tough fight, but in the end me and Uther managed to survive, and after that it got easier, especially with the upgraded versions of the towers and footman, that was a nice touch as well, never seen something like that before, an upgrade that transforms your normal units into a superior version, pretty unique, i liked it.

Another thing that should be fixed somehow is with Searinox, when i started the battle with him, he agroed and came to me because there were so many creeps/skeletons near him, and i ended up killing him before he even managed to give his dialogue line, so i suggest that the trigger should be changed somehow, when the player starts attaking Searinox, he should start his dialogue line then, and not when you move on the spot where he was.

My favorite creep was the Gnoll Beastmaster, a pretty funny and unique unit.

~ Interlude "Jaina's Meeting"

Bug: In the first part where Antonidas talks with Jaina after the Prophet leaves in crow form, they talk a bit and then the Prophet in crow form comes back and just stays there in the air, i can see his shadow on the ground lol
crow form.png

~ Chapter three "Ravages of the Plague"

Bug: In the Cutscene Jaina doesn't actually summon any water elementals, so the fight with the 2 ogres is kinda weird and on top of that after Arthas makes her introduction, Jaina does that animation where she is supposed to cancel/disperse the water elemental, but since she didn't make one in the first place, she just did that animation for nothing so that scene was awkward as well.

This was another great mission, lots of new skeletons in this one, I used Holy Light a lot, once again i loved all the new and hidden creeps and mini bosses, there was one who was too hidden, and i discovered it only after i used "iseedeadpeople" just to see if i missed something :D (before destroying the Warehouse), and i liked it, cuz even he was surprised that i spoted him, pretty funny. (obviously he didn't expect Arthas to have such good eyesight and to be able see the entire map at once :D)
I had to go back and repeat the mission to take this screenshot, thats why there are still some undead on the map.
hehe.png

Bug maybe: One thing i found odd in this mission were the 2 random unknown grunts that were between some of the undead groups on the map, not sure what's up with those two?
unknown grunt.png

~ Chapter four "The Cult of the Damned"

This..Forth... Mission...

Holy moly macaroni... This mission was insane, i somehow managed to win without reducing the dificulty but i did it only by abusing the undead A.I. with my water elementals, by sending them 1 by 1 to intercept the undead wave each time, because when the A.I. goes to attack my base he will have to kill my water ele each time and after that the undead army retreats to its camp as victory (for killing a water ele) :D
Meanwhile i fast teched, i went and got myself that expansion by clearing some of the creeps on the way and build myself a powerful army of elite units, and when i got a few of those i went and attacked them head on, easy victory! :D
I am not sure how else you can win in this one, to me it seemed a bit too extreme, but i guess that is the theme of this campaign "Hard mode" indeed.

And of course i loved to see all those new creeps, some nice skins in this one and once again a hidden hero this time, pretty neat.

~ Chapter five "March of the Scourge"

Fifth. . . . Mission.. >.<
Just wow, this time i couldn't even take a straight fight!

Positives: I liked the fact that u came up with the nice idea of bringing Jaina back, i always quetioned that choice in the original classic campaign, (why not send somebody else to deliver the messege to Uther and let Jaina stay indeed), that was a great change!

Negatives: What even.. Two huge undead armies with insane op units and high level heroes attacking me at full strenght once again similar to the previous mission, but this time there are two of them! What a joke!
This was kinda similar to the original one, and i thought u won't do the same mistake, but oh well, my suggestion for this mission is to simply cut the numbers on the undead waves that attack the player, they were just too many units, i even went full aoe with jaina, lvl 5 blizzard and still nothing, blizzard vs 10+ units does like no dmg anyway..

~ Interlude "The Prince and the Prophet"

Bug: Once again similar to the previous interlude cutscene, The Prophet finished his talk with Arthas, leaves, But then he comes back and just stays there in the air, Awkward!
he comes back once again lol.png

~ Chapter six "Vengeance"

First i want to say that once again i like the way you changed the story a bit here, made it look better in my eyes, but not quite, i will say what should have been done more in the suggestions.

A small bug: This chapter is still called "The Culling" in the campaign interface, it should be called "Vengeance" like in the game i assume.
culling should be vengeance.png
culling vengeance.png

This mission was in a dungeon crawl style map, It wasn't bad, there were 3 unit mini-bosses and 2 hero mini-bosses on the map, but the main problem with this kind of maps, is the fact that the enemy creeps just stand there, most of them without moving, waiting for me to come and kill them. (i know some of them do move and patrol the city, but thats not enough to make this mission interesting), especially when i can see the whole map.

My suggestions for this mission are:

-Make the purple undead base send a few small attack waves to the player's base from time to time (nothing too big tho, like the other missions lol), this will make the mission a bit more interesting, like for exemple Mal'Ganis himself can come with 4 units (similar to the original mission) and attack either Arthas himself or even his base.

-*Most important one* Do not reveal the entire map, Instead of "Always visible" it should be put on "Map explored", this will make the map better, will make it more interesting to walk and discover those enemy units, rather than being able to see them all off the bat. (The base of Mal'Ganis can remain the same with hidden terain on the mini map)

-Make the mini-bosses on the map stronger, especially the creep ones, they were too weak, maybe give them a few dialogue lines as well (similar to how you gave the Death Knigh and the Crypt Lord those dialogue lines, they were pretty cool, i liked those).

-Mal'Ganis should be green not purple (similar to the original story, his undead base and units can remain purple tho).

~ Chapter seven "The Shores of Northrend"

I think this chapter should also be called "The Murloc Horde" :D, soo many murlocs, in this mission the spell "Clap" is a must!

This mission was nice, the undead enemies did once again had some serious hard attack waves, but at least it was only 1 army i guess, still this time the player has 2 strong heroes as well, so i guess its fine.

Once again i must say i liked those new unique units you implemented, like what even is this thing lol :D
lol nice unit haha.png

I only have 1 suggestion for this mission, and that is Arthas should start this mission with his spells unlearned, mainly because of the murlocs and the undead forces as well, so the player can pick Clap if he didn't, this will give the player a choice and a fair chance of reskilling his spells.

~ Chapter eight "Dissension"

Yea, nothing wrong with this mission, it was nice.
In this mission someone drops the most powerful item in the whole campaign, an orb that reduces armor by 20, pretty op, i myself traded my mask of death with it.

~ Chapter nine "Frostmourne"

This mission was nice as well, this time the player is against 2 powerful undead armies once more but with the exception that Arthas got his beloved Frostmourne and he became a force to be reckoned with indeed!

I almost soloed the purple undead base with Arthas alone lol :D

Bugs:

-The upgrades from the blacksmith don't seem to show on the units in terms of numbers, the upgrades work as in they do increase the dmg/armor/etc but its not showing there.
researched and still 0.png

And when i do the upgrades from the Altar they do show up and it increases their upgrade number from 0 to 1, but when i do the other upgrades from the blacksmith it still remains 1.
researched but stays 1.png
researched again but stays 1.png

- And this might be the weirdest bug i have seen so far, there is this spot on the map where any unit that walks on it gets teleported in the corner of the map and gets stuck there forever haha, first picture is the spot i'm talking about and the last picture shows that some air units don't go with the others, but go in some other area, south of that corner.
teleport zone.png
yea... lol.png
sup haha.png
and air units here.png

~ Overall Negatives (rant):

My biggest and only negative i can say about this custom campaign is about the enemy waves of the A.I. and how they attack.

Like ok i get it is hard, but this is not fun at all to play against, every time there is a mission with an A.I. base camp they always send as their first waves of attack everything they got, as in over 100 food strong undead units + one strong hero as well, that is stupid!

The way this things are supposed to be is to start slow, with small attack waves, first waves need to be like a few ghouls and necromancers, 20 - 30 food max, not 100 food, max upgraded and 1 strong high lvl hero, that should be one of the very last waves, but that doesn't happen in this campaign, Every fucking mission the enemy sends those end game op attack waves that are just impossible to take head on!

So my only option is always to cheeze the system of the A.I. and to make it attack 1 unit, kill it , so he can back off, but then he just comes again after 30 secs, so i need to always sacrifice units like that, it seems stupid doesn't it..

So like i said, make the A.I. start with small attack waves at the beginning of the mission, and then slowly getting stronger with each wave, that is the only way to make the game fair and to make the game fun to play!

~ Overall positives:

- The original classic war3 campaign is one of my favorites things in this world, and of course i got a slight bias when it comes to this kind of custom campaigns that try to enhance it or change it, I must say you did a great job overall.

- I loved all the new enhanced creeps in this campaign, so many unique units and skins, I very much enjoyed the frequent theme of the Golems and the Murlocs, seeing them get stronger and stronger with more unique skins, spells and bigger bosses with each new chapter was one of the highlights of the campaign!

- I liked the few changes you made with the story, made it a bit less stale and old.

- I liked that the items have different colors both in the names and in the items themselves when they are on the ground, gives them a nice mystic cool vibe.

- I loved all the new upgrades as well, so many unit upgrades, especially for the footmen lol, those footmen evolved like how many times, 4? :D pretty cool.

- Loved all those tomes and items drops, you know what they say, "the more tomes the better" :D

- And i liked the overall bigger scale of both the units and the heroes and their stats/levels, seeing the level cap bigger than just lvl 10 is always a win in my eyes, makes the game feel more grandiose so to say.

Last edited:
Level 13
Thanks for the long review! Anyway yup, i'm working on a big re-work, well it will be like an "enhanced" version of my ehnanced human campaign :D. I'm happy that you enjoyed this campaign although there are several things to change and fix, but this was my first campaign so its normal i guess.
This time there will be 4 difficult levels, so anyone can choose whatever he wants :D. Also if you liked this campaign you will certainly like the other 2s enhanced campaigns, would be great if you made a similar detailed review for them!

Level 12
Also if you liked this campaign you will certainly like the other 2s enhanced campaigns, would be great if you made a similar detailed review for them!
Well yea, i am gonna play the other 2 and after that i am gonna make a review for them as well, i am glad you keep working on these custom campaigns, keep up the good work and thanks for keeping the warcraft 3 universe alive! :goblin_yeah: