• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arbalist

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
IMPORTANT NOTE:

The Kul Tiran crossbowman of CSW is a better rendition of this unit. Please, check that link if you want crossbowmen in your maps.

So... yeah, there's apparently not a single crossbowman in Warcraft 3. I thought to myself: well, maybe the riflemen could be a nice base model. And boy, it was.

Changed the height, the weapon, every single animation (ugh), the collision spheres, the geosets... It has TC, an icon, a working attack animation.

Has no custom textures.

So, to import this model, make sure to set these values (both violet and black):
inst.jpg

Black values are the same as the archer. You can base the unit with the archer model to save some time.

Also, he has 2 different attack animations: Attack One (against ground units) and Attack Two (against air units).

Known bugs:
-He has the random blood bug from many imported units that had the .mdl changed. It's not gamebreaking by any means (when you pick an imported unit, a blood spout forms in the center of the map for no reason at all).

UPDATE: (9-11-2020) 12:15
Thanks to the user @Z1003 the model now has a proper FaceFx, although he needs to be scaled to 1.15-1.2 to be the size of a footman. Reupdated the model. It works ingame with the bandit sound set. (Make sure to rep @Z1003 for helping others)
Needs redownloading
Previews
Contents

Arbalist v1.1 (Model)

BTNarbalist.blp (Texture)

DISBTNarbalist.blp (Texture)

Level 18
Ama-fckin-zing!!!

Let's go baby Reforged modding IS COMING

EDIT: I really like the fact that you provide the accurate metrics for proper model implementation. It's always tedious to try out by hand (for those like us who like when anim and projectiles are in sync and properly offset). Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Good model:peasant-thumbs-up-cheers:,I fixed the facefx problem for this model.Now,it using rifleman's facefx and has lips sync.The model will be smaller in order to fix facefx bone but I think its ok because you can set scaling value of unit in editor.

I knew a workaround would be possible, thanks for coming up with the idea!

It works ingame, so I'm gonna update the model :ogre_love:

Level 6
This is an excellent substitute for a musketeer, in places where musketeers are not suitable to appear