• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fall of Outland's Tyrant

full
231383-albums7687-picture90190.jpg
After successfully closing Magtheridon's Shadow Portals and thereby cutting off the mighty Pit Lord's supply of reinforcements, Illidan, Kael'thas and Lady Vashj marche upon the Black Citadel along with the Draenei Elder Sage Akama. With the help of his three followers, Illidan must gain access to Magtheridon's Black Citadel, break his defenses and proclaim Lord of Outland.
231383-albums7687-picture90188.jpg

- Custom models, skins and icons.
- Custom Units.
- Custom Items.
- Custom Spells.
- Optional Quests.
- Hidden treasures to find.
- Riddles to solve.
- Traps to account for.
- Secret Bosses.
- Additional ambient sounds.
- Hints and tips followed by Minimap signals and Camera Panning.
- Resurrection Obelisks that resurrect fallen Heroes.
- Several Merchants that sell various magic items.
- Four different game difficulties.
- Scripted Gameplay-Events.
- Rescuable Units.
- Epic Boss Fights.
231383-albums7687-picture90189.jpg
231383-albums7687-picture90126.png
Illidan: Cunning Hero, adept at maneuvering through battles. Can learn Soul Absorption, Searing Flames, Battle Mastery and Metamorphosis.
231383-albums7687-picture90119.png
Kael: Mystical Hero, adept at controlling magic and ranged assaults. Can learn Phoenix Projection, Outcast, Magic Manipulation and Burning Sky.
231383-albums7687-picture90128.png
Lady Vashj: Mystical Hero, adept at ranged combat. Can learn Frost Sphere, Lightning Arrows, Storm Shield and Tornado.
231383-albums7687-picture90125.png
Akama: Cunning Hero, exceptional at defense and disrupting enemy troops. Can learn Blades of Draenor, Holy Shield, Lightning Cloud and Spirits of Draenor.
231383-albums7687-picture90191.jpg

full

231383-albums7687-picture90120.png
The Black Citadel: A brutal Pit lord named Magtheridon took control of Outland. Illidan must gain access to his Black Citadel's three sections and eliminate his minions, leaving the mighty Pit Lord defenceless.
231383-albums7687-picture90129.png
Power Generators: Magtheridon's Black Citadel's gates are powered by a series of magical Generators. Destorying a Generator allows access to a nearby closed gate.
231383-albums7687-picture90123.jpg
Dark lieutenants: The Pit Lord Magtheridon rules with the absolute power of the Black Citadel and its regime of Demonic minions. Slaughter Magtheridon's four dark lieutenants, the Dragon Fiend, the Demon Warlord, the Master of Pain and the Mistress of Torment, in order to gain access to his throne chamber.
231383-albums7687-picture90127.jpg
Slay Magtheridon: Destroy Magtheridon so that Lord Illidan can claim power over Outland and take the Citadel as his fortress.
full
231383-albums7687-picture90124.png
Imprisoned Draenei: During many generations, Magtheridon's forces have taken many of the Draenei warriors hostige. Free them from their cages and they'll be yours to command.
231383-albums7687-picture90121.jpg
Resurrection Obelisks: There are many of Outland's Resurrection Obelisks which have the ability of reviving slain Heroes. Seek out each Obelisk in order to revive slain Heroes.
231383-albums7687-picture90130.jpg
Outland Drosera: Collecting Outland's Drosera plants can help creating a powerful item.
full
Legendary Demons: There are five secret chambers in Magtheridon's Black Citadel that contain five legendary Demons. Each chamber's gate is closed and can not be opened unless you find a hidden lever nearby the chamber. Seek out each of the five chambers in order to slay these legendary demons and seize their artifacts.
full
full
full
full

full
Special Thanks to Blizzard Entertainment and The Hive Workshop.
Very special appreciation to:

-Grendel (FelOrcWarlock) (Hellspawn Annihilator) (Fel Orc Brutelord) (Fel Orc Warlock) (Ligaroo) (Legionnaire and Commander) (Fallen One assassin) (Hodremlin) (Orc Necro Missile) (Razor Armed Automaton) (Dune Scorpion)

FerSZ (Eredar Witch) (Jailer) (Wrathguard)

Dionesiist (Sharadar Hell Knight) (Infernal Knight) (Hellgaoler)

Frankster (FelHoundRider) (FelOrcWarlord)

Amigurumi (DemonObelisk) (DemonSpikeTrap)

General Frank (Hell Bull Tormentor) (Fel Orc Enforcer)

SuPa- (Beholder) (BeholderMissile)

MiniMage (Dead Fish) (Cauldron over the Fire)

HappyTauren (Demon Tower) (Lava)

Power (Inferno Armor) (Red Harvest)

Callahan (Pyrolia)

Gottfrei (CruelCloister)

icewolf055 (DarkMessenger)

Illidan(Evil)X (Fire Elemental)

bowser499 (Demonic Drakonai)

PeeKay (Blackwing Fiend)

HammerFist132 (HQ Treasure Chest)

Rubellu Sidus (Archfiend)

Tarrasque (Brutal Lord)

HappyCockroach (Clockwork Horror)

alfredx_sotn (SentryWard)

Remixer (Devil Pearl Rose)

The_Silent (Demon Well)

cotd333 (Fatal Wound)

HammerFist132 (Green Heal)

Talavaj (Chandelier)

Freddyk (InfernalWheeledWarrior)

JetFangInferno (BreathOfFireMissile) (FrostArmorTarget)

JesusHipster (LightningArrow)

Kitabatake (Mana Orb)

olofmoleman (AshenObilisk)

CreatorD3292 (Infernal Bullet) (WheelMissileGreen)

xyzier_24 (Demonhunters' Warglaive)

Hayate, Misha (Mr Scary)

Skizzik (Pemtagram Aura

The_Swamp_Warrior (Prismatic Missile)

Tranquil (Runes 1)

icewolf055, MiniMage (SandElemental)

Vortballat (Skullblaze Torch)

nhocklanhox6 (Star of Hope)

Amdor (StrangeScull)

WILL THE ALMIGHTY (Sun)

dickxunder (Unbroken Sage)

FrancK (WildDemon)

Sin'dorei300 (DemonWell)

kat-monroe (SentryWard)

Kuhneghetz (Triclyde)

Thrikodius (Fusion Cannon)

pWn3d (DemonSpaceShip)

Grey Knight (Angel Statues)

PeeKay (Axe of Terror) (Goblet Of Vampires) (Ritual Shaman Knife) (Gold Mystic Ring) (Flamesword) (RubyAmulet) (DemonicEarring) (BTNAdept002) (PhoenixAxe64) (MercurialScimtar) (Ligaroo) (GoldMysticRing) (DemonicEarring) (NatureRestore) (PlateGauntlet) (FireHornedHelmet) (MagicShield) (SpikedArmor) (Mage02) (ChargedShot) (Flamesword) (FlamewalkersMantle) (Hodremlin) (InfernalMace) (MysticPotion) (Pathfinder03) (Poison) (RubyAmulet) (infernoFruit) (SacredEdge)

CRAZYRUSSIAN (Heartstrike) (Rune blades) (NEKlaas) (REDstaf) (dragonbloodheaddress) (PoTN_Incineration_Potion) (Blindness)

Darkfang (FingerofPain) (Itchy n' Scratchy Pyro Dust) (Vampiric Orb) (NagaTrueSight) (Searing Arrows) (Fireprincess Necklace)

~Nightmare (CommandButton) (Purify) (Chakra) (PotionOfLife) (SolarShield) (MaskOfTheForestMadness)

4eNNightmare (SoulSteal) (CommandAura) (GreenPhoenixDart)

Marcos DAB (Legionnaire) (Commander) (WaterPearlStaff) (HealingScrollVariation)

JollyD (Demonic Skull Pendant) (RiseOfFinalLord)

Mr.Goblin (Rain of Fire) (FelOrcRider)

morbent (ImmOn) (ImmOff)

Static (IrongRingUPG2) (Necklace)

Hadeis (Golden Orb)

-Berz- (Berserkers Helm)

Callahan (Pyrolia)

Apheraz Lucent (Moonchant Crescent)

Mc ! (SoulCrown)

bigapple90 (bluelight)

Nightmare_X (IllidanDemon)

SuPa- (Beholder)

NFWar (Dagger)

D.ee (GoldenBoneStaff)

I3lackDeath (DarkMatter)

kola (DemonWingsPendant)

Sin'dorei300 (Heart Amulet)

67chrome (Ice)

SkriK (Frost)

Bjorn (LuminanceSword)

Freezer (MagicPotion)

San (NecroShackle)

viiva (Necromancy)

OgeRfaCes (PurpleOrb)

exN (Sand)

Kimbo (WorgenClaw)

stefanstan95 (Wormwood)

The Panda (MagicBurst) (Electron)

Kawaii Stain (bloodpresence)

SkriK (Frost)

Mad (skullblue)

morbent (SendToTheVoid)

Lelling (NoxiousFumes)

M0rbid (InsigniumOfTheBloodpriest)

67chrome (ReturnedKing) (ReturnedArcher)

Daenar7 (DemonicMongrel) (SkullDemon)

Afronight_76 (ChaosDruid) (FleshWarlock)

-Grendel (Kyrozan)

b17rider (BloodFiend)

I3lackDeath (Sin'dorei UI)

Special appreciation to my

deepstrasz

Daffa

Mythic

Ralle

Last but not least, I thank all of you who have downloaded and played this map.

full

- This map requires patch 1.26a or higher.
- This map has been made in the style of Blizzard's RPG maps.
- This map has been made from scratch. It is based on the story of the chapter Lord of Outland not that it is a modified version of the existing Blizzard map in any way.
- Although this map is based on the story of the chapter Lord of Outland, it presents many new features and slight changes without damaging the real story from Blizzard.
- This version of the map contains custom models and skins originally made for the classic version of Warcraft III. I will provide an updated version compatible with Warcraft III Reforged in the future. :smile:

Contents

Fall of Outland's Tyrant (Map)

Reviews
Finally played it, and...I have only one word to describe it. Awesomeness! I truly find it well made and with patience and focus upon good gameplay. The abilities chosen for every hero are great, the items as well, walkthrough gameplay as well. I...

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Reserved! Will post review soon. :plol:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Finally played it, and...I have only one word to describe it. Awesomeness! I truly find it well made and with patience and focus upon good gameplay. The abilities chosen for every hero are great, the items as well, walkthrough gameplay as well. I highly recommend it to anyone. It is approved and with a maximum rating! :plol:

Finally played it, and...I have only one word to describe it. Awesomeness! I truly find it well made and with patience and focus upon good gameplay. The abilities chosen for every hero are great, the items as well, walkthrough gameplay as well. I highly recommend it to anyone. It is approved and with a maximum rating! :plol:
Thank you so much for taking the time to review my map. I really appreciate the fact that you acknowledged all the features and the hard work that i put into it.
I'm really happy that you enjoyed it. Well done my friend. :)

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
-no cinematic intro? I'm disappointed
-maybe you could expand on the Metamorphosis description in the learn ability menu
-also would be nice to mention which abilities are autocast in their learn ability descriptions
-Spirit Beckoning needs a better description
-some units like the Executioner have hero models with glow and no decay animation
-parts of this remind of playing Diablo in the Hell levels
-Replenish Life from the blood fountain should probably look red; now it looks as if Midas' hand
-not sure what's Tornado good at, since it can't fly to reach towers
-lucky I had Kale's Phoenix shot ability (Q) otherwise I'd not probably had the chance to hit the lever and raise the bridge to the orc warlord behind the gate; not sure if it could have been done later if I returned
-could mention in the title or description of items which is permanent, which is charged, consumable
-ha-ha; I've also used that plant as a ward in a map of mine
-too bad we don't have any lore on these figures we're supposed to kill
-Mistresse? :D
-well, the "sent here to test me" part should be before killing Magtheridon
-oh yeah, forgot about this; in this place boats look like they are moving over non-water terrain outlandtyran01.png

Can say that I've played this until I finished it, no pauses :D

As others might have written, multiplayer could work better for higher difficulties where each player controls one hero and the rescued draenei would be shared by all players.

Maybe you could think of randomizing loot and enemy units for replayability value.

Last edited:
Level 5
Admirable work.
I think that in order to give it a better review
i should give it another go. So many opportunities
with custom interesting items and ideas throughtout the map.
You provide a lot to consider.
I think that an inventory page would be really helpfull in order
not to process everything as you go (just a thought). I ll figure it out...
i really liked what soul reaver did on his walkthrough of the game "The bitter end"
but this dude almost made a book out of it and a site dedicated to the game.
Anyway i am overthinking now.
You must be proud of the result and kudos to the people that helped you realize this
great project.

My rating is 5 stars.

Ps. Maybe i ll revisit these thoughts latter on to provide a bit of constructive critisism if possible...
I won't revist my rating though. That's fixed

Thank you for sharing your feedback. :smile:

-no cinematic intro? I'm disappointed
This will surely be fixed.

-could mention in the title or description of items which is permanent, which is charged, consumable
-also would be nice to mention which abilities are autocast in their learn ability descriptions
Maybe you could think of randomizing loot and enemy units for replayability value.
Good points that any type of map can benefit from, not just this one.

-maybe you could expand on the Metamorphosis description in the learn ability menu
-Spirit Beckoning needs a better description.
True. Spirit Beckoning summons a different minion depending on the hero who uses the ability.
I originally wanted to keep this as a mysterious ability but as good as it sounded in my head, i guess that should be included in the description.

-some units like the Executioner have hero models with glow and no decay animation
The models for these boss units are from the Hive. I actually removed the hero glow from the Executioner model but i ended up going with the original because it kind of suits the boss unit better. Same with the Fel Orc Warchief and the Fel Orc Warlord. They aren't regular units, they are boss and mini-boss units that you only ran into once in the map.
There are similar things from Blizzard's models also, like the Eredar Sorcerer and Warlock models having hero glow, Akama not having a dissipate animation etc...

-Replenish Life from the blood fountain should probably look red; now it looks as if Midas' hand
I used the cutom icons from the hive made by the same Artist. One for health and one for mana clearly. BTNPurify BTNChakra

-not sure what's Tornado good at, since it can't fly to reach towers.
That's not true. The Tornado can indeed reach the towers and go over cliffs. You can checkout my Walkthrough.
Actually it's pretty effective especially in Hard mode and Nightmare mode. Also, when Lady Vashj is equipped with the Staff of Perception, the Tornado will damage units as well as buildings.

-lucky I had Kale's Phoenix shot ability (Q) otherwise I'd not probably had the chance to hit the lever and raise the bridge to the orc warlord behind the gate; not sure if it could have been done later if I returned
The mechanism isn't based on luck. What's challenging is not finding out the gate for the secret boss rather finding out how to open it. Also, by the time you reach that gate of the secret boss, the Fel Orc Warlord, Kael will be at least at lvl5. Plus, it is indicated in the ability's description (Phoenix Projection) that the explosion destroys trees and destructible. I guess you missed a lot of hidden goodies if you didn't use it to destroy tree walls. :p

-ha-ha; I've also used that plant as a ward in a map of mine.
Nice. I created the item Outland Herb specially for this Quest. Kind of like the shimmerweed quest in the Founding of Durotar.

-too bad we don't have any lore on these figures we're supposed to kill
I guess you are talking about the Magical Pen Walls that Shackle advancing units?
They're some kind of a trap. That's the beauty of it. You get surprised by the environment being an enemy too.
And it's not that hard for the player to figure out their mechanism. You can attack the Magical Pen Wall or simply use the ability Phoenix Projection to destroy them from distance.

-oh yeah, forgot about this; in this place boats look like they are moving over non-water terrain
Sadly those are the Warcraft 3 classic graphics (oh boy we don't have to mention those of reforged XD). The shallow water can hardly be seen with the Black Citadel tilset, even if the water is green.

-Mistresse?
Oh damn! That's a typo. XD

-well, the "sent here to test me" part should be before killing Magtheridon.
I genuinely and strongly disagree on this one. Magtheridon was too cocky and arrogant even after Illidan closed the dark portals and infiltrated his citadel. He was certain in his belief that they are no match for his absolute power. Until they defeated him and he was shocked and said that line in total disbelief. That's the way the story was told by Blizzard.
Plus, him saying that before the biggest clash of the map will take away some of the intensity.

As others might have written, multiplayer could work better for higher difficulties where each player controls one hero and the rescued draenei would be shared by all players.
Multiplayer is definitely something that i'm going to do. But it's gonna require a lot of time and testing before i'm 110% certain that there are no bugs included.

Can say that I've played this until I finished it, no pauses :D
I really appreciate that. Thank you. :smile:

Admirable work.
Thank you so much for playing my map. :smile:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
This will surely be fixed.
Nothing's broken though :xxd:
There are similar things from Blizzard's models also, like the Eredar Sorcerer and Warlock models having hero glow, Akama not having a dissipate animation etc...
Issue on their part :grin:
That's not true. The Tornado can indeed reach the towers and go over cliffs. You can checkout my Walkthrough.
Tried it and it couldn't reach the towers in the zone where there's water canals and to the east of that the door (leading to a mini-boss) that needs a lever hit to be opened, the lever being unreachable by normal ranged units. I used Kael's Pheonix ability on it.
I guess you missed a lot of hidden goodies if you didn't use it to destroy tree walls.
I don't waste my time on such things :cool:2 Blizzard campaign maps had those kinds of secrets too where you needed to actually cut/attack trees with Peasants to get to some hidden creeps and get their loot.
Nice. I created the item Outland Herb specially for this Quest. Kind of like the shimmerweed quest in the Founding of Durotar.
Hmm, didn't you use another model for the ward?
Pyrolia
I guess you are talking about the Magical Pen Walls that Shackle advancing units?
No, lol. I mean the bosses and monsters that have non-generic names.
I genuinely and strongly disagree on this one. Magtheridon was too cocky and arrogant even after Illidan closed the dark portals and infiltrated his citadel. He was certain in his belief that they are no match for his absolute power. Until they defeated him and he was shocked and said that line in total disbelief. That's the way the story was told by Blizzard.
Plus, him saying that before the biggest clash of the map will take away some of the intensity.
But that makes it look like he wasn't killed and that's WoW, no?

Tried it and it couldn't reach the towers in the zone where there's water canals and to the east of that the door (leading to a mini-boss) that needs a lever hit to be opened, the lever being unreachable by normal ranged units. I used Kael's Pheonix ability on it.
Well, in order to properly use Tornado, even in RTS games, you have to summon it first on a spacious ground where it doesn't collide with any doodads, cliffs or building, then you can guide it to whatever place you desire. The fact that you summoned it on a building, it will immediately be summoned on the nearest possible ground where it doesn't collide with anything. And if it happens to be that that ground is too far from the cast range, the tornado will perish.
Also, the Secret bosses' chambers and different sections of the Black Citadel have pathing blockers in order to maintain the stability and balance of the game.

Hmm, didn't you use another model for the ward?
Pyrolia
Yes. So?!

I don't waste my time on such things :cool:2 Blizzard campaign maps had those kinds of secrets too where you needed to actually cut/attack trees with Peasants to get to some hidden creeps and get their loot.
That's you. There are other types of players that enjoy these type of things.

But that makes it look like he wasn't killed and that's WoW, no?
I suggest that you replay the mission Lord of Outland from the Warcraft 3 campaign.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Well, in order to properly use Tornado, even in RTS games, you have to summon it first on a spacious ground where it doesn't collide with any doodads, cliffs or building, then you can guide it to whatever place you desire. The fact that you summoned it on a building, it will immediately be summoned on the nearest possible ground where it doesn't collide with anything. And if it happens to be that that ground is too far from the cast range, the tornado will perish.
I guess you can't use it on towers that are placed like that in such small zones and the Tornado doesn't fly so :\
Yes. So?!
I thought you wanted to tell me that it was the model you made that you've used instead of the one in the link.
That's you. There are other types of players that enjoy these type of things.
I didn't say otherwise.
I suggest that you replay the mission Lord of Outland from the Warcraft 3 campaign.
Yeah, just saw the ending again on YouTube. Funny thing is that Kil'jaeden looked like he was okay with it :D
Although replacing a ruler usually means killing that person in the process :D Maybe Illidan was kind and just locked Magtheridon away for eternity or exiled him. Well, keeping him would have required resources to be spent.

Level 13
- combining items (Lance+Axe)
the author forgot to mention it most likely because it is a secret.

A truly remarkable work that lacks only a suitable musical background. The standard Wc3 music doesn't fit this demonic scene at all.
Music Off - Effects On and the game takes on a very good atmosphere.
No problems on 1.27. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited: