• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Malfurion (Without Stag) Reforged

This is a custom model made to look like Malfurion from Reforged, but without the Stag, since Blizzard developers were lazy and did not make this version to go along with the Reforged client to keep support for any custom maps that needed a Furion hero who was dismounted.

I tried to keep it thematically similar to the original Malfurion Reforged, and I simply imported Druid of the Talon animations but removed the Bird.

I was lazy about the death animations and so it has the death animations from the Druid of the Talon only, and not any special dissipate animation.
Contents

HeroFurion_Portrait (Model)

Malfurion (Without Stag) Reforged (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Since this is really useful, it is marked as approved. Heroes should have a dissipate animation, though, so please update the model whenever you are able to.
Level 8
Modders stepping up where blizzard is failing. As expected

Just not playing a game because blizzard did shit is stupid. I think we deliver Blizzard a message, if they do nothing with their are stupid, but the salt tempest is not a way to continue. Personnaly i just want Blizzard to wake up and reverse/upgrade what they did. I have not a big hope but anyways...

Also Retera is mainly giving some commissions to help people, so treat him better he deserve more than some indirect critics.

Yes, this was made by copying the original Reforged model. It was made in Retera Model Studio Reforged Hack version. I did File->Import and selected the Druid of the Talon.

Edit: As a note, the bundle has now been updated. I had uploaded it with the Stag-rider furion's portrait since you can only see his face, and I figured it did not matter.
Someone pointed out to me that the game files actually include a portrait model for the furion with no stag model, even though there is no standard model for it. This has now been fixed, as you can see, so that my bundle is entirely without the stag (even in the portrait).

Last edited:
Level 11
Hey ShadowArm, no offense but...

You think you do, but you don't.

This is a video of Patch 1.26
thanks for posting that, and didn't had the idea yet of how bad it is by now

At 1st would completely vote on porting the animations from the original models into the reforged ones, but looking at some custom high poly models using it like Rebirth and even some older from the sons of azeroth, i would wait until its possible to backport without any warping issues, im even having problems exporting the models and trying to convert to other formats with the textures in it.

Level 2
Anyway to get just the Stag model itself? Been trying to source models for a Reforged: War of the Ancients map.

Level 2
brother I need your help, when I import the models and replace the chains, I get nothing black shadows, which version should I use I have 1.26, it happens to me with each reformed model of the forum :c

Level 2
It is because it's for Warcraft III Reforged the only way you can use that is buy the reforged
Oh thanks for the answer, I thought it really works in the original wc3, I fool putting in incompatible models xdd

Level 1
Do you think you could somehow manage to create a Tyrande off of her Nigthsaber, or even possibly try to datamine and create a model for Daughter of the Sea Jaina off of the horse?

Level 6
How does animation porting work in Reforged? I'm just wondering if you couldn't just slap Jaina's, or some other unmounted staff wielding hero model's, death/dissipate animations onto Malfurion here.

If you are having problems where a FAFX soundset will not play for a non-FAFX model unit, from my standpoint I see that as a game engine configuration problem more than a 3D model problem, and you could maybe ask for help in a new topic regarding how to configure a non-FAFX model on a unit to use a FAFX-based soundset.

Off the top of my head I don't remember if the portrait I uploaded for this model has a FAFX chunk (more on that here) but if the model portrait does not have the FAFX chunk you need, then my suggestion would be to just use the default MalFurion portrait file with this model.

Level 1
I had to make an account, because I cant seem to import any models. I'm doing exactly what it says in How to, even tho its a little different on a pc, but I cant seem to find the model in editor? Any help.

Level 35
Hello again @Retera
Thank you for this other model of Furion.
I used both of them and found a little issue with this 1 too.

The animations from the druid of the talan make his hair collide with his back, I believe it will be best to change it with the movement animation from your other furion model Furion Reforged Beta
Also not sure if this can be changed but the feathers from the hands collide with the cloak (maby add the feathers from Furion Reforged Beta they seemed smaller and better proportioned)
1644575903569.png

Last edited: