• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fel Cultist

This diabolist supports chaos orc armies with demonic magic.
I made this model for fel cultist unit from my project, but also it can be used as warlock or necrolyte.
Previews
Contents

Fel Cultist (Model)

Fel Cultist (Icon)

Reviews
General Frank
An interesting, yet quite simple model edit. Good work on wrapping and choice of textures. Works in-game and performs adequately.

ISL

ISL

Level 13
Damn nice!

I can't see any flaws so far...
except for that terrible stretching on the sides of his bald head (nice skull shape btw), but I guess it's not that visible in-game.

TVK

TVK

Level 4
Damn nice!

I can't see any flaws so far...
except for that terrible stretching on the sides of his bald head (nice skull shape btw), but I guess it's not that visible in-game.
Many thanks. I also noticed these stretches, but in game they looks okay for me. As well as "Portrait - 3" animation, that scared me when i'm done it, but in game it will ok, so i let it be)

Last edited:

TVK

TVK

Level 4
cool idea, but.. it feels lill off to have an orc without those medium tusks, that is, if he's an orc
Interesting comment. Yes, he is a fel orc, but his (imaginary) tusks behind the "bandana". They have the same size with, for example, FarSeer's tusks.
Maybe i should add fangs under his bandage, because from in-game camera view it may look good.

TVK

TVK

Level 4
I don't think it's an orc, considering the lack of ears. I think it's just supposed to be a very diabolic-looking human or maybe a straight up demon, heh.

And a very good one, at that! I like it.

Thanks, but actualy he is an orc :D
I forgot about ears (as always when I make a model without hair). But of course you may interpret model as you wish :)

I am writing my and users remarks into the txt file and on it's basis I will update the model.

Last edited:
Thanks, but actualy he is an orc :D
I forgot about ears (as always when I make a model without hair). But of course you may interpret model as you wish :)

I am writing my and users remarks into the txt file and on it's basis I will update the model.
Oh. Haha, didn't mean to lowkey call you out on that, then! Lmao. Either way, it's a good looking model! But yeah, if it's an orc with no hair and no helmet, you def need the ears, heh.

ISL

ISL

Level 13
That's cool, actually.

I've been thinking about recoloring the red orc texures (Chaos peon, blademaster) into more human ones, just to use this model as some kind of a diablolic human cultist :D

Interesting comment. Yes, he is a fel orc, but his (imaginary) tusks behind the "bandana". They have the same size with, for example, FarSeer's tusks.
Maybe i should add fangs under his bandage, because from in-game camera view it may look good.

hm, yes, normally small orc tusks wouldn't be seen, but, i still feel that there should be something like this; maybe not as pronounced, but still..
Zul%27jin_HotS.jpg

hm.. maybe not as an update to a model, but a variation

hm, yes, normally small orc tusks wouldn't be seen, but, i still feel that there should be something like this; maybe not as pronounced, but still..

hm.. maybe not as an update to a model, but a variation

I get where you're coming from, but I'm not sure that would look all that good, haha. I mean if you look at the Samwise Garona concept art (and the masked version of the Tauer model based on that concept art), orc tusks aren't typically large enough to be seen through masks, you know? Having them poke out of the mask on this model would imply a length rather uncommon of orc tusks, heh. That's just my two cents on the matter, of course, and a variation with them in couldn't hurt anything obviously.

I get where you're coming from, but I'm not sure that would look all that good, haha. I mean if you look at the Samwise Garona concept art (and the masked version of the Tauer model based on that concept art), orc tusks aren't typically large enough to be seen through masks, you know? Having them poke out of the mask on this model would imply a length rather uncommon of orc tusks, heh. That's just my two cents on the matter, of course, and a variation with them in couldn't hurt anything obviously.
well, that's why i'm just chatting :b

Level 7
I like it enough, but I think the wrap could use a touch-up; the sudden change from torso skin to armor jumps to the eye. But overall, it's different in a good way. Like a fel orc sorcerer more cerebral and collected in contrast with its more brutish warrior brethen.